thoughts on product and new technique lol

whitey

Reaction score
Wel gave the audi a clean today, intended on the RS but as i left my buckets at the father in laws after detailing his golf i forgot them!
Doh.

anyway, decided to do a couple of rounds of snow foaming and used a new type by a guy called Dan_VXR on vxronline who sent me a sample, sorry no pic as not enough, but if your a member on there or detailing world keep an eye out as its awesome, really is.

Used on the audi vs normal foam on the RS and rinse off, it lifted loads more dirt and smelt good too. Very thick, and easy off, lasted ages on the car!

Now also used ironX the new cherry smell ......... still smells of catpiss to be honest lol

554265_3892446391364_1285161526_3708346_193755622_n.jpg

150710_3892111262986_1285161526_3708313_363834272_n.jpg

used loads of times but everyone loves bleeding car pics so here you go lol

Anyway, due to no buckets decided to use some ph neutral foam, neat, mixed with Born to be mild and wash it that way. Foamed on, washed in and rinsed.

Wow.

Forgot how effective this is! Really thick, slick, nice smelling, easy to move and wash and the cars really clean!

Finally dried and used carpro reload, if you havent, do. car looks great, spray and work in and off you go, left 2 coats and car has a deep crisp clean feel/look to it. Not as blingy as say redmist or zaino etc but as its more for protection as little chance to do the car, it works well.

second time used after the golf, which i sued blacklight then reload and finding i really rate it. beads well and doesnt smear as much when warm as some spray sealnants. Substance over bling. But, dont get me wrong, looks great and should last.

Cheers

Whitey

I'm always amazed at the bleeding some people get from Iron X on the body work. I only get that level of purple rain from the wheels. My car's five years old but there doesn't seem to be much on it. I doubted Iron X was working at all until I used it on the wheels. :) I wonder what the difference is? My car lives outside (no usable garage) so I expected it to have contamination.

BTW, not having a pop here. I'm just intrigued.

It may well be a combination of the wax/sealant you use and your cleaning regime, or that you brake in a way which doesn't produce as much crap from the brakes.

depends where you park and work, the auid is always worse than the RS as remember its iron fallout. Where the wife parks in town isnt fair from railways so often gets more than mine.

A detailer who I share a unit with introduced me to Iron-X the other day. After the 5 minutes it took me to get over the smell of it he sprayed it on a small patch of what I thought was a perfectly clean panel and it bled as if I'd stabbed her. Took me a good 5 minutes with the pressure washer to clean it away as well.. excellent product.

Anyone tried that Iron-X and Tar-removal all-in-one product? I've heard its not actually that good...

I think you mean Carpro Trix? I have it. I only had a sample size of Iron X and when I came to buy a full size bottle of Iron X it was £1 more. So it seemed better to get a 2-in-1. I find the iron bleeding action is the same as Iron X was. However it seemed to take a few goes to remove some tar. I've not used any other tar removers so I don't know how it compares and frankly the description of Tardis always scares me!