Thoughts on my new purchases and modification to them**NOW FITTED**

dpbayly

Reaction score
Well picked up a couple of bits today Ebay buys, door blades and new bonnet grill both second hand

When i got them home I decided to have a little play, the door blades came off a black A4 so obviously the wrong colour for my Dolphin grey and as im not back to work till the 23rd i wont have a chance to spray them in the booth till then so decided as i have a heap of 3M carbon vinyl lying around so what the hell lets give it a go and see how it looks.

Here's my attempt not fitted yet will get them on tomorrow depending on the weather and if they dont look rights i'll whip them back off till i get them sprayed but opinions welcome....

20130113_194155.jpg

20130113_194305.jpg

Couldn't resist trying this too:

20130113_193813.jpg

20130113_193844.jpg

Can't decide if i will be fitting the rings on the front or not I'll see once fitted but chuffed with the grill as the design matches my Votex bumper grills.

Again opinions welcome

Last edited:
I think badgeless grills on Audis look cheap. Your one looks RS4 Esq.

My doorblades are black on a dolphin grey car and I think they look fine. Try both the grilles to see what you like, but I'm probably with the majority so far and would choose the rings.

My doorblades are black on a dolphin grey car and I think they look fine. Try both the grilles to see what you like, but I'm probably with the majority so far and would choose the rings.

Have you got a good side on pic showing the black door blades

Couldn't wait till today to get them fitted so was out on the drive at stupid O'clock fitting them last night/morning....

Too dark to take pics last night so here it is this morning (after clearing the snow off) and i really like it they look black satin from 10 meters back but as you get closer you can see the detail in the carbon and i think the grill matches in well which makes me think i might do the chrome bit under the boot lid too.

Grill:

20130114_094205.jpg

20130114_095302.jpg

20130114_094632.jpg

New door blades:

20130114_094601.jpg

20130114_094618.jpg

20130114_095319.jpg

20130114_095702.jpg

Reactions: robbiemac
looks great dude i like the grill with the rings. where did you get the carbon film from and was it hard to do cheers

Thanks,

I bought the carbon film off ebay dead cheap think it was like £10 for 60cm X 300cm and its very easy to do you just need a hair dryer which you use to heat and stretch the film into place....simples...

Nice work mate, it looks great.

Luving the grill, I'd have left the badge silver though. What make of grill is it ?

I think they look spot on dude.

Nice looking frenchies as well!

Thanks mate,

I love the breed there cheeky and mischievous but sometimes little buggers....

Luving the grill, I'd have left the badge silver though. What make of grill is it ?

Thanks, I had already sprayed the rings on my old grill set up, the chrome rings in the earlier pic before fitting are a left over set from a grill up grade on my old TT and dont fit the A4.

I have no idea on the make im afraid I picked it up yesterday from an ebay deal for grill and blades, grill does fit really well though as to do the blades especially as there copies

They look great, are the door blades easy to fit?

Thanks,

The blades are copies Im unsure if the S4 or s line I'll compare them to my friends S line ones when i see him next,

As for fitting I had no idea when i hit "buy it now" what the backs looked like and was afraid they were going to be a mission to fit but they were a doddle as they had good quality backs with the slots that locate on the pegs then just 2 screws one each end to hold them on so fitting is the same as the stock ones dead simple.

Removing the old ones as follows: remove the 2 screws 1 each end on the inside of the door then grab the blade and slide it towards the back of the car to get it off the locating pegs and thats it fitting is just the reverse.

Sorry it was a one time deal, it was a chap who had the bits lying around after de modding before he sold up, I was lucky enough to spot the ad just as it was placed and pounced on it.

The carbon and grey go together really well!! I've been tempted for a while to wrap afew bits on my a4 (red).... might get some vinyl and give it ago, u wrapping any other bits? I've got a couple bits id like to do. Grill looks spot on too :)

The carbon and grey go together really well!! I've been tempted for a while to wrap afew bits on my a4 (red).... might get some vinyl and give it ago, u wrapping any other bits? I've got a couple bits id like to do. Grill looks spot on too :)

Thanks,

A couple of bits i might consider covering are (not all of):
-mirror backs
-Chrome plate below boot lid
-Ive seen the roof rails done
-Chrome window surrounds
Will deffinatly do the trim under the boot lid don't know about the rest yet good thing is its easy to reverse if you dont like it

-

Thanks, I don't have any blades on my doors (only the very very slightly flared door bottoms) so I guess I'd have to attach the clips?

Thanks, I don't have any blades on my doors (only the very very slightly flared door bottoms) so I guess I'd have to attach the clips?

No, the mounting points are part of the door skin, your smaller blades will slide off and can be replace by the larger Gmbh or S4 blades.

What ^^^^said

Just follow my little guide to removal in my reply to your last question its about a 30sec procedure each door

Thanks,

A couple of bits i might consider covering are (not all of):
-mirror backs
-Chrome plate below boot lid
-Ive seen the roof rails done
-Chrome window surrounds
Will deffinatly do the trim under the boot lid don't know about the rest yet good thing is its easy to reverse if you dont like it

-

Once you have started I bet it's hard to stop, Ive seen the real carbon mirrors, spoiler and other bits on eBay but they are very pricey, not worth the risk if I don't like the look. I was thinking joey mod with carbon inside the head lights and rear diffuser around the exhausts. Hhmm might order some vinyl and give it ago! Yours look top mate

I'd be worried about the Joey mod one only because it doesn't take much heat to manipulate and stretch the film so i think the heat from the bulbs might mess it up, the diffuser would look good i did the diffuser on my TT and looked great.

Good dedication! :o.k:

Looks good, I'm not sure on the black rings to be honest, but then I'm not sure chrome would work either.... my black rings work well as they contrast against the graphite of the S4 grille giving an almost 3D effect, pic below.

It's a bit hard to tell, but they look like S4 blades.

Sept11004.jpg