Thoughts on Induction kits & Bov

mike2516

b8 owner from belfast
Reaction score
Been looking at induction kits online but cant seem to find many for my engine, 1.8t 2011, iv came across this on ebay http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/EDDYs-Ca...stem-Audi-A4-A5-1-8-2-0T-2011ON-/281572335126 anyone have any info on the company? been told that changing the air filter from standard will cause the engine management light to come up... which I obviously don't want, can anyone point me in the right direction off with if any filter to put in it?

Maybe im being a bit off a "chav" but im considering a bov also:tapedshut: haven't had a petrol turbo car in a few years and its something iv missed the sound off , anyone have any suggestions on which to go for?

Wouldn't bother with a bov personally but I've just fitted a cone filter to my diesel and if you catch the gear change just right it lets off a lovely sound just like a bov can hear it in the car but nobody else can at the side of the road so that'll do for me lol

Reactions: mike2516
It's just resting in there at the moment as I haven't had chance to make a good enough heat shield for it yet :(

Wouldn't bother with a bov personally but I've just fitted a cone filter to my diesel and if you catch the gear change just right it lets off a lovely sound just like a bov can hear it in the car but nobody else can at the side of the road so that'll do for me lol

lol that's all im after, don't care about anyone else can hear it as long as I can, iv got a catback system on mine, but I miss the induction noise, cant seem to find a kit tho, apart from this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/EDDYs-Car...e68d840&pid=100033&rk=3&rkt=4&sd=271339602462
has fitting the filter threw up any faults on your mate?

Yeah I also have a straight through from the cat back on the derv lol actually sounds pretty good. No faults have been thrown up but my maf is still in place. Haven't heard of those before but it looks pretty good but I'm pretty sure a K&N typhoon isn't too much more if bought from Germany or the U.S. and they are supposed to be ok :/

cant seem to find one, only one I came across is the carbonio intake but don't really want to spend £400 on it :-(

No me neither that's why I got the K&N cone and will get a heat shield myself lol there is a thread somewhere regarding the Typhoon I think :/

You can here it pulling air as its under load then on gear change, it's quite loud from in the car with window down, it sounds pretty good to be honest.

Far from a good vid but this is the only one I have and a friend was driving if you are sat in a quiet room lol

Will only get a fault of you loose the maf as the Ecu won't know what's going on. I had a cone on my a4 1.8. Sounded awesome even though it was na

Far from a good vid but this is the only one I have and a friend was driving if you are sat in a quiet room lol

Sounds well mate! I ordered one today along with coilovers so I'll stick a vid up once I get it on!

Reactions: SI-W85
Will only get a fault of you loose the maf as the Ecu won't know what's going on. I had a cone on my a4 1.8. Sounded awesome even though it was na
Yeah the induction kit I ordered comes with the maf sensor on the pipe! Fingers crossed it doesn't throw up any faults

On my car the maf goes on the air box with 4 bolts so it's a fat rectangle not sure about your car have a scout on eBay the just extend on I made one they are easy the put your filter on the end

On my car the maf goes on the air box with 4 bolts so it's a fat rectangle not sure about your car have a scout on eBay the just extend on I made one they are easy the put your filter on the end
will do! cheers pal!

On mine was 2 screws from the inside of the Air box take them out and the pipe or filter just pushes over perfect fit really easy to do.

Mike what model is your car mine is a b5 so probably fairly different

My cars a b8 Alex! Hopefully the kit I ordered bolts straight on , if not I'll source one off these adapters

Ok you could google how to take it off or look then you will know

got this fitted, very impressed with the sound, altho as expected, iv lost a bit of
IMG 0229
IMG 0232
power! the noise makes up for it tho, no need for a bov after all, you can hear the turbo chatter now:)

Reactions: SI-W85
What's the price of the k+N cone fiCheers and do u really need a heat shield
Cheers