Thoughts on buying high mileage A4 Avant 2.0 T FSI Quattro S-Line

cps26

Reaction score
Hi there,

New to the forums, and to Audis in general! Interesting in buying an A4 Avant - specifically an A4 Avant 2.0 T FSI Quattro S-Line.

Have seen a 2007 model with a nice spec (leather, Bose etc) but which has done 110k miles, for the same price as lower spec lower mileage examples (70 - 80k) that are 1.5 years older. Apparently the mileage is all motorway miles; it looks very tidy in the pictures and has FSH (and has been recently serviced).

I'd be using the car as a second car, so will likely put only 5-6k on it per year. I appreciate that when the time came to sell it it might be a bit more difficult to sell as people are put off by 100k+, and I'm not too worried about that - I plan to keep it for a while anyway.

However, what are people's views about buying a high mileage Audi? Is it more likely to have mechanical troubles, or is it better that it has done low stress motorway miles? How is the 2.0 T FSI at high mileages? And is there anything in particular I should look for (going to see it tomorrow?)

Thanks in advance for any and all thoughts!!

TBH, if you are looking at keeping it for a while and doing low mileage, then in a few years the mileage will be closer the norm for the age of vehicle due to you putting so few miles on it.

I have a 55 plate 2.0 TFSI with 140k on the clock, i bought it with 131k on the clock 15 months ago i dont do many miles per year and i find mine runs like a dream. I replaced the cambelt and tensioners as soon as i bought mine.

i have 2.0 tfsi salon tho its done 93k with full service hist from audi n recently by my mate garage were it had everything plugs all filters inc fuel cam kit water pump plugs and audi very so kindley replaced the coil pack at same time under warenty the car drive like it done 30k its tight as drum smooth and ver responsive as long as the car looking at has been properly maintained i cant see 110k bing a problem for you. as you say it mainly motorway miles as was the case with mine so not much wear on gearbox etc has it hasnt been thrashed up n down the gears round town
get some pics up if can mate would like to have a nose at the condition n tha

Thanks for all the advice - saw the car and it did look in excellent condition, so I bought it! Not sure I can post pictures but if I can I will put some up.

Try and look out for the SE i picked up mine 2007 with just under 80k on it so was cheaper .The SE comes in black full leather and decromed 18' rims and a extra 20 bhp ( ofc remapped stright away)
435.jpg

Thanks abenson - yes, mine is also the special edition with 220bhp and the cross drilled front brakes! Really pleased with it. What have you remapped yours up to?!

done by more bph in crew 200 pounds runs nice,better power not sure about power but well worth it :)