Those with efficiency mode and vcd cable need some help.

rcnacura

US Spec 8V
Reaction score
Hello all, was seeing if any with efficiency mode could post a vcd autoscan of their cars. Have this function enabled in my US spec car however the free wheel neutral clutch disengagement (coasting) of the dsg doesn't happen when I let of the gas. Figured i could enable via long coding and hopefully this doesn't need an additional component box of sorts.

It's depended on which screen your on? Coasting mostly displays in the Eco mode

correct when I'm in efficiency mode via ADS, the clutch is suppose to disengage, to let the car coast, but it stays in gear.

Want to compare coding.

What module are you needeing an adaptation map of ? - I might be plugged in later

I have an autoscan log of when I first had the car will that contain the information ?

Reactions: rcnacura
Personally I wouldn't bother. I found the coasting really weird and the eco mode didn't seem any more economical - at least when I tried.

Reactions: davc
Sent - hope it helps.

Received! Thank you!

Personally I wouldn't bother. I found the coasting really weird and the eco mode didn't seem any more economical - at least when I tried.

Ya I'm more interested in finding the VCD information that enables this more than the actual function. I'm sure its one number away from working.

Reactions: Rob2k68
Yeah same here and I hate the dulled throttle response. Efficiency mode should be made illegal on S3's lol.

Well unfortunately i wasn't able to get it working using the coding from @Rob2k68. Car did seem to feel less restricted, but thats probably because i changed some abs settings. I ended up losing my ADS steering "dynamic, comfort and Auto" settings, and realized that I've been in dynamic steering this whole time since I set this permanently. Tried changing the setting then steering option disappeared on the MMI all together.

Luckily tho, I've figured out all my VCD errors and set the settings accordingly. If I can't figure out the ADS steering setting tomorrow, looks like I'll have to take back to the dealer to enable.