1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Those with efficiency mode and vcd cable need some help.

rcnacura Mar 19, 2016

1. rcnacura

rcnacura US Spec 8V

Hello all, was seeing if any with efficiency mode could post a vcd autoscan of their cars. Have this function enabled in my US spec car however the free wheel neutral clutch disengagement (coasting) of the dsg doesn't happen when I let of the gas. Figured i could enable via long coding and hopefully this doesn't need an additional component box of sorts.

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. C39KER

C39KER Audi TT MK2 With MSS Street Kit

It's depended on which screen your on? Coasting mostly displays in the Eco mode

4. rcnacura

rcnacura US Spec 8V

correct when I'm in efficiency mode via ADS, the clutch is suppose to disengage, to let the car coast, but it stays in gear.

Want to compare coding.

5. Rob2k68

Rob2k68 Well-Known Member VCDS Map User

What module are you needeing an adaptation map of ? - I might be plugged in later

6. Rob2k68

I have an autoscan log of when I first had the car will that contain the information ?

rcnacura likes this.
  7. rcnacura

rcnacura US Spec 8V

ya that should work

Rob2k68 likes this.
  8. rcnacura

rcnacura US Spec 8V

specifically looking in the engine, auto trans, cent elect, awd, and can gateway sections

9. Rob2k68

If you PM me your email I'll get you mine some time today - away from the laptop at the mo.

rcnacura likes this.
  10. Rob2k68

Sent - hope it helps.

11. RichardT

RichardT Registered User

Personally I wouldn't bother. I found the coasting really weird and the eco mode didn't seem any more economical - at least when I tried.

davc likes this.
  12. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

13. rcnacura

rcnacura US Spec 8V

Received! Thank you!

Ya I'm more interested in finding the VCD information that enables this more than the actual function. I'm sure its one number away from working.

Rob2k68 likes this.
  14. davc

davc Registered User

Yeah same here and I hate the dulled throttle response. Efficiency mode should be made illegal on S3's lol.

15. rcnacura

rcnacura US Spec 8V

Well unfortunately i wasn't able to get it working using the coding from @Rob2k68. Car did seem to feel less restricted, but thats probably because i changed some abs settings. I ended up losing my ADS steering "dynamic, comfort and Auto" settings, and realized that I've been in dynamic steering this whole time since I set this permanently. Tried changing the setting then steering option disappeared on the MMI all together.

Luckily tho, I've figured out all my VCD errors and set the settings accordingly. If I can't figure out the ADS steering setting tomorrow, looks like I'll have to take back to the dealer to enable.