Those who own new S3s, have you seen another on the road?!

Itguy

Reaction score
Ok so I ordered my car in Oct 13 and I am still yet to see one on the road.

In the same period I've seen 10+ M 135is!

i live in the busy midlands so am surprised. Anyone else (apart from Aberdeen!) seen any!?

I have seen loads, just need to look out the office window and can see 3 S3's, and wait for it 15 A3's and 2 A3 Saloons, but this is Aberdeen.

I don't understand why Aberdeen has so many Audi's on the road, as nobody can ever get anywhere most of the time what with the ridculous traffic we suffer day in day out.

I drove to Great Yarmouth over Christmas, and didnt see another 8V in anyform once past Stonehaven.

Reactions: Rab., J6YAK and thedooker
I've seen a few 8V S3s around Aberdeen. There is an 8V Tdi S line a couple of doors along from - he is a member on here too!!

Up here here you will see another Audi every 30 yards

Reactions: Psyman79
I've had mine since November and not seen another on the road! I live near Nottingham and there's quite a few Audi garages around this area so I'm quite surprised not to see another one!

Seen a solitary S3 in Glacier white round my way - Tooting in South West London. Spent some time working in the UAE so not a huge fan of white cars as its what everyone has out there, but this thing looks bad ***. Sportback with privacy glass with black pano roof. It'll have an Estoril Blue SB for company next Friday!

I have seen loads, just need to look out the office window and can see 3 S3's, and wait for it 15 A3's and 2 A3 Saloons, but this is Aberdeen.

I don't understand why Aberdeen has so many Audi's on the road, as nobody can ever get anywhere most of the time what with the ridculous traffic we suffer day in day out.

I drove to Great Yarmouth over Christmas, and didnt see another 8V in anyform once past Stonehaven.

Perhaps, it's because you've all got loads of money in Aberdeen, compared to us down South! :eyebrows:

There is a java green 8v in melton Mowbray, see it a lot. Not an s3 but it is an sline

I've only seen mcvicker once with his S111*** not seen another one on the road yet.

Seen one other in Scarborough, day after I picked mine up! Typical

Not a single one here (other than mine :p) but thats because we pay 5000 eurs just to be able to stick in on the road.

Last edited:
I've seen a few 8V S3s around Aberdeen. There is an 8V Tdi S line a couple of doors along from - he is a member on here too!!

Up here here you will see another Audi every 30 yards

Its actually a 1.4TFSI COD :)

There's a guy 2 doors up from me with a really nice Ice Silver S3, makes mine look a bit poop now :'(

€5000! Wtf! Why?

It's a one go tax that's based on the car's power. On top of that you get an annual road tax which is based on the engine size. So, i paid 5k eur and will now have to pay around 360eur a year.

Expensive place to live Brussels ;/.

Its actually a 1.4TFSI COD :)

There's a guy 2 doors up from me with a really nice Ice Silver S3, makes mine look a bit poop now :'(

We both know the S3 plays second fiddle to my mk4 Astra 1.6 8valve....what a beast!! lol

Still not as good an effort as the folk at the top of the road. They must have had family round the other day as there were 6 Audis of various shapes and styles there. Talk about brand loyalty!! ha ha

Reactions: Psyman79
Haven't seen any S3 Sportback 5 doors around yet. Have seen one 3 door in Pretoria. Picking up my Sportback on Saturday - can't wait !!

I havent seen a single S3 on the road in the North East - the only S3 i have actually saw in the metal was the one at the dealership which I test drove. A bog standard, no options, red S3 3 door.

I'm itching to have a look at an S3 sportback, considering its what I've ordered !

seen a few including a red 3 door in the carpark at work, I'm pretty sure Aberdeen Audi must be one of the most succesfull audi dealerships in the country! especially since every second car here seems to be an Audi

seen a few including a red 3 door in the carpark at work, I'm pretty sure Aberdeen Audi must be one of the most succesfull audi dealerships in the country! especially since every second car here seems to be an Audi

I was once told that it is the third best in Europe but not sure how true it was.

It's a one go tax that's based on the car's power. On top of that you get an annual road tax which is based on the engine size. So, i paid 5k eur and will now have to pay around 360eur a year.

Expensive place to live Brussels ;/.

Excuse the language but €5000 is absolutely ****in extortionate! Manufacturers should at least make a considerable contribution to this having made profit out of the car!

Reactions: Battlekrapz
We both know the S3 plays second fiddle to my mk4 Astra 1.6 8valve....what a beast!! lol

Still not as good an effort as the folk at the top of the road. They must have had family round the other day as there were 6 Audis of various shapes and styles there. Talk about brand loyalty!! ha ha

Yeah, it was a bit nuts. Nice couple though, we went to their house warming. That was when we were just Seat scumbags though ;-)

4 Sportback's and 2 3 door's and counting.
Common as muck up here.

Not seen any here in North Wales yet.

Only time I think mine was spotted was by a RS3 which came up quickly behind me on a dual carrigeway and slowed down to take a look as I took an exit.

Excuse the language but €5000 is absolutely ****in extortionate! Manufacturers should at least make a considerable contribution to this having made profit out of the car!

If you want a powerful car and you live in Brussels then you pay that out to the government, no getting away from it. Thats why it's relatively rare to see powerful cars here. Beemers and Audis are mostly 2 litre diesels and it's funny cause Belgians consider that a big engine.

On the plus side, 5000 eurs is the max you can pay, so if you get a 1000bhp monster, you'll still lose 5k€ "Only" :/.

Mad i know...

Reactions: Louay
Is it a Belgian thing not generally having fast cars?

Whenever I go to Bruges there are AMs, massive petrol x5s and Sportscars everywhere!! Or are they just all German!?

Is it a Belgian thing not generally having fast cars?

Whenever I go to Bruges there are AMs, massive petrol x5s and Sportscars everywhere!! Or are they just all German!?

What i spoke about (huge tax) was in Brussels but it's not the case in Flanders or Wallonia, they have a separate tax system... You can see Belgium as 3 regions : Brussels is a separate entity. Weird i know. So, Flemings whom are the richer region and are not taxing road users as heavily (they base their taxes on CO2 emissions level) have much nicer cars in general.

On a side note, NATO people and Eurocrats who live in Brussels do pay the same taxes "normal" Belgians pay but they get big price reductions on their cars and also they get paid a lot more than normal Belgians so they can afford much more expensive cars.

Personally I'm in IT and paid ok so i could afford the car, taxes and expensive insurance.

Only seen one in the flesh. A S3 SB manual in Dakota grey which was a demonstrator. It had been sold by time I got round to ordering mine.

Still haven't drove one!

Only seen one in the flesh. A S3 SB manual in Dakota grey which was a demonstrator. It had been sold by time I got round to ordering mine.

Still haven't drove one!

You've ordered a car you haven't driven?

A lot of people putting a lot of faith in Audi then.

With all the enthusiasm around the 8p s3 and all the good reviews that the new s3 was getting it wasn't too much of a gamble :).