This is my rear wiper motor

Colin Anderton3

Reaction score
Hello to all this is my rear wiper motor off my avant, it has been a bit dodgy for a while now sticking halway through the windo wipe so having enough and reading how they were a problem with water ingress, first of all trying to get the wiper arm off was not moving at any attempts so hacksawed it off as you do then got the motor out eventually and took off the cover and the rust was evident, all I have to do now is put the new one in with a new wiper arm. I shall let you all know how I get on, I wonder what is next, still love my 20042.5tdi avant and cannot see me parting with ti anytime soon and had it for five years up to date. Cheers from Colin

Attachments

• DSCF2136.JPG
    DSCF2136.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 502
I obtained my car when it was just 4-years old and had to change the rear wiper motor as it was playing up - when I opened it, it looked very similar to yours - water had mixed with grease and formed a load of "brown mud". I bought a new Valeo motor from an online stockist (the Audi Valeo one being a lot more expensive :redface new: ) and he said he sold hundreds per year for VAG cars :chuncky:

I replaced my motor 2 weeks ago as it had packed up also

I obtained my car when it was just 4-years old and had to change the rear wiper motor as it was playing up - when I opened it, it looked very similar to yours - water had mixed with grease and formed a load of "brown mud". I bought a new Valeo motor from an online stockist (the Audi Valeo one being a lot more expensive :redface new: ) and he said he sold hundreds per year for VAG cars :chuncky:
yes I purchased a valeo also bst not take a chance with cheap stuff and you want it to last ha ha!!!

Hello to all this is my rear wiper motor off my avant, it has been a bit dodgy for a while now sticking halway through the windo wipe so having enough and reading how they were a problem with water ingress, first of all trying to get the wiper arm off was not moving at any attempts so hacksawed it off as you do then got the motor out eventually and took off the cover and the rust was evident, all I have to do now is put the new one in with a new wiper arm. I shall let you all know how I get on, I wonder what is next, still love my 20042.5tdi avant and cannot see me parting with ti anytime soon and had it for five years up to date. Cheers from Colin

update to rear wiper motor new one arrived today and after a bit of a struggle getting the motor in behind the trim was a bit of a squeeze but what I did was to wrap the wiper end in some tape to protect it and hay ho! fitted and working. Cheers from Colin

These Valeo wiper motors are used on loads of different cars, basically if it's got a rear wiper motor whether it's an A1 or an A6 it's likely to be one of these. They are fairly useless and when I replaced mine I had a look for a Better make. There isn't one , Bosch don't make these.
There are a few spurious makes, mainly of Chinese origin that may or may not be any better.
Here mine, still working but the give away was the rusty water that was leaking out of it.

Do you have a link to the motor you bought? I need one for mine!

222126896450 this is the number on ebay where I got mine it is a Valeo and made in Spain were the original one was made from factory, but it does have chinese writing on it, but it is in and working, the cost of it was £54 and pence and arrived smartish so not bad I suppose, cheers from Colin

If my second Valeo one fails within 4-years again, I will be buying one of these cheap ones from China and at the same time suggesting to VAG that they do the same! :glee:

If my second Valeo one fails within 4-years again, I will be buying one of these cheap ones from China and at the same time suggesting to VAG that they do the same! :glee:

I suppose companies are turning to China to get their products made, lets face if you think when you by a Sony tv you think that they are made in Japan but no they are made in China, like Bosch you think you are buying a product that is made in Germany but no they are built by Beko in Turkey, I am not decrying any of the manufacturors but it is what best for the ecomony of that company.
In four years time if I still have my Audi then I shall have to take what it needs on the chin and buy it again, cheers from Colin
P.S at least I know how to do it next time so not bad I suppose. Cheers from Colin

222126896450 this is the number on ebay where I got mine it is a Valeo and made in Spain were the original one was made from factory, but it does have chinese writing on it, but it is in and working, the cost of it was £54 and pence and arrived smartish so not bad I suppose, cheers from Colin

Thanks for that! In a quick turn of events I've actually just part ex'd the b6 for a b7 so won't be needing this. But thanks!

(to be fair, the b7 will probably need one soon, so I'll check back when it does ha)

Thanks for that! In a quick turn of events I've actually just part ex'd the b6 for a b7 so won't be needing this. But thanks!

(to be fair, the b7 will probably need one soon, so I'll check back when it does ha)

Its the same motor for the B6 and B7

Mine is a B8, They have been using this motor for eons in all kinds of different models. Pretty poor design.