Thinking of selling up :(

Kelza

Staff member
Reaction score
Thinking of selling up going for a s5 , so if car does not sell with all the mods on wil put back to standard and sell all parts on stage 2 + ,,
New sachs clutch ,release bearing luk flywheel
New ths engine mounts
New forge catch can
New walk kit
Buckets
Loads of other parts will be for sale...

I'd love to get the buckets:D. Why would you buy an S5 nowdays when petrol is so expensive? Are you going with the new V6 engine or old V8 if you dont mind asking.

Buckets are s3 ones yes heated etc,would need yours in exchange plus cash not bothered about petrol prices,lol s5 v8 2008 onwards

You say that crunchie and yes it i looks better but the s5 no mods has 350bhp on the tap....i,ve spent over 5000 in 8 months its never ending as soon as you remap it..

The only thing I'd change for is an RS4 but its a trade off with the age.
Still tempting tho :)
Good luck with the sale tho.

Just think its a never ending money pit lol

I love the S5 as the V8 roar is worth the money. The new V6 supercharged engine is great 0-60 sub 5 seconds but hasn't got the same passion!
Good choice!!

I just think its about the same amount in monthly payments as i pay now and i dont have to mod it just leave it standard..

Each to their own but I think S5 looks better but petrol consumption, insurance and being much bigger yet still small rear seats makes it not that versatile and better all arounder.

My advice, don't do it s3kel. I was so gutted with my RS4 that after only owning it for 8 months, I bought an S3. There is only with I miss about the RS4 and that's the noise, but if I'm honest, I don't miss it that much.

I just think its about the same amount in monthly payments as i pay now and i dont have to mod it just leave it standard..

On a side note, you will have to tune it, because it'll be dog slow in comparison to a stage 2+ S3, trust me. Then the cost of tuning it will hit you and you'll be more than gutted. Take it from someone who has just learnt this very expensive lesson.

Without a doubt buddy, sorry to be the bearer of bad news. I went from a Stage 2+ Leon Cupra K1 to a supposed 414 bhp 4.2 V8 but just like the S5 it weighed as much as a small house so it struggled to move that weight around.

The only place the RS4 had the edge was launch and handling in the wet. The K1 was also so much more fun to drive.

Have you test driven an S5?

Hi nobber no not yet .. Was in a v8 few days ago running about 440 bhp it was amazing no lag..lol

world of difference between 350bhp and 440bhp and even more of a difference between Stage 2+ 2.0T running I guess around 360bhp weighing 1450kg and a 4.2V8 running 350bhp weighing 1610kg.

Weight is the enemy of speed buddy. Check out the power to weight ratio's on both cars and I think you'll be very surprised.

Seriously, please test drive an S5 before you make the choice. I wasted the best part of £8k on making the same mistake.

world of difference between 350bhp and 440bhp and even more of a difference between Stage 2+ 2.0T running I guess around 360bhp weighing 1450kg and a 4.2V8 running 350bhp weighing 1610kg.Weight is the enemy of speed buddy. Check out the power to weight ratio's on both cars and I think you'll be very surprised.Seriously, please test drive an S5 before you make the choice. I wasted the best part of £8k on making the same mistake.
I'd have to agree with you....the S3 at Stg2+ is approximately 240bhp/tonne,whereas the untuned S5 makes about 220bhp/tonne,so there is a slight advantage for the S3 in straightline speed,and probably more around the bendy bits as it has less mass to throw around.
A Stg3 or above S3 running over 440bhp is something else again....

I agree with nobber that you will probably want to tune the S5 as clearly that's what you do with cars.

Also think you should test the S5 at length before making any decision. Figures look good on paper but often don't live up to expectation. By contrast I quite liked the RS4 avant because I appreciated the practicality, handling, noise and sensation of speed (although not blistering) from such a large car moving like that but thought the V8 R8 that I tried to be a massive let down.

I agree with nobber that you will probably want to tune the S5 as clearly that's what you do with cars.

Also think you should test the S5 at length before making any decision. Figures look good on paper but often don't live up to expectation. By contrast I quite liked the RS4 avant because I appreciated the practicality, handling, noise and sensation of speed (although not blistering) from such a large car moving like that but thought the V8 R8 that I tried to be a massive let down.

I bought the RS4 Avant as on paper it's the ideal car for me. Great looks, great noise, good power, loads of room for 2 grown up step kids, wife and 4yr old Labrador. Plus the tip runs, shopping trips to Ikea etc etc. But even as early as 2 months in to ownership, something was seriously lacking for me. The rest as they say, is history.

S3kel dont do it mate :/
Just mod on your S3 to stage 3 and thats it!

Mm will get a test drive take it from there after the new year ..

I love the s5 also love the s3, depends on your situation what you want the car for and just your own preference, will be an amazing car good luck whatever you do. Defo get some pics up if you go through with it.

Do it man! Sometimes it's not just all about speed. The S5 is simply sex on wheels.

Recently come to the S3 from a 2010 S4 ( Supercharged V6 )......sounded superb and went like the proverbial, but after a few months you get used to it and you want to tune it for more power ( which is really doesn't need ), so don't think you wont want more from the S5 after a while.....YOU WILL !!

Also, I agree the V8 sounds good, but it isn't any quicker in the real world than the S3 and will use a damn sight more fuel......also, have you seen the costs of changing the huge tyres ( 255/35 19's I think ) which all have to be changed at the same time due to the constant 4-wheel drive system used on these models, and the servicing costs for a 4.2 litre high revving V8 ?????? you might want to consider taking out a new mortgage.. :))

I miss my S4 every day, but I sure don't miss the cost of running it.....the S3 is much more reasonable.

i know this sound sad but even if i had a couple of mill in the bank i would only get an s3 sb, or a rs3 sb

i know this sound sad but even if i had a couple of mill in the bank i would only get an s3 sb, or a rs3 sb

This is so true Nally S3 is a perfect car for everyday use, you can get lambo, ferrari but it would be hassle to look after it and really enjoy all that engine power hence you should ask yourself what are your real expectations from a car. For myself S5 is too big too front weighted therefore nose heavy round the corners and very business orientated deffo not boy racer car:].

Hi if you want a S5 then as they say you only live once so go for it. A big V8 and a manual box is loads of fun and the sound will put a big smile on your face. Im thinking of selling up next april, time for a complete change i think

This is so true Nally S3 is a perfect car for everyday use, you can get lambo, ferrari but it would be hassle to look after it and really enjoy all that engine power hence you should ask yourself what are your real expectations from a car. For myself S5 is too big too front weighted therefore nose heavy round the corners and very business orientated deffo not boy racer car:].

love the s3 soooo much just wish i spent a bit more and got a quattro. but i dont think that can be retroed. the only diff if i had the money is it would have every single extra ever made.
top would be
pan am
rnse
folding wind mirors
reverse camera

keep the s3 or if speen is you bag get an rs3 ahhh yeah. or an rs4 ( ahhhh ok )

Thinking of selling up going for a s5 , so if car does not sell with all the mods on wil put back to standard and sell all parts on stage 2 + ,,
New sachs clutch ,release bearing luk flywheel
New ths engine mounts
New forge catch can
New walk kit
Buckets
Loads of other parts will be for sale...

Stop sulking because it's not running as fast as mine was when you was here!! Get it back to Stevie boy and I'm sure he will sort it out for you! My mate who works at Audi drives all the Audi cars all week long and he said the s5 ain't that quick and he'd much rather a tuned s3!!
Dummy back in and leave the S5 alone it will oly cost you a small fortune to run/maintain etc!!

You say that crunchie and yes it i looks better but the s5 no mods has 350bhp on the tap....i,ve spent over 5000 in 8 months its never ending as soon as you remap it..

Let me put it this way fella, I had an S4 B6 V8 4.2 365 with a minor revo few years back, it was a lovely car, but it was heavy as hell & TT's & S3's used to go round me, luckily I still had my S3 in tow, its the weight that kills the power numbers fella, I can assure you given I've had turbo & NA nicely powered cars, you'll find it very lacking if you're power hungry & an S3 with some minor upgrades will certainly give it a good run for its money, as said high stage will make it look silly.

Think very carefully before swapping, it may not be what you really expected as I also found out, dont get me wrong, the S4 was a beautiful car to drive, just wasnt that powerful.

On a side note, you will have to tune it, because it'll be dog slow in comparison to a stage 2+ S3, trust me. Then the cost of tuning it will hit you and you'll be more than gutted. Take it from someone who has just learnt this very expensive lesson.

Couldnt agree more, S5 NA engine will cost the earth to tune with anything even resembling noticeable power increase.

U will have to tune a v8 4.2 350bhp audi?

IMHO yes, if used to S3 8P.

Without a doubt buddy, sorry to be the bearer of bad news. I went from a Stage 2+ Leon Cupra K1 to a supposed 414 bhp 4.2 V8 but just like the S5 it weighed as much as a small house so it struggled to move that weight around.

The only place the RS4 had the edge was launch and handling in the wet. The K1 was also so much more fun to drive.

Yet again great wisdom, exactly my stance aswell, has similar cars, same story, weighed a house, couldnt put that power to good use.

world of difference between 350bhp and 440bhp and even more of a difference between Stage 2+ 2.0T running I guess around 360bhp weighing 1450kg and a 4.2V8 running 350bhp weighing 1610kg.

Weight is the enemy of speed buddy. Check out the power to weight ratio's on both cars and I think you'll be very surprised.

Seriously, please test drive an S5 before you make the choice. I wasted the best part of £8k on making the same mistake.

& again, listen to this guy & others stating the same, its all true as we've all been there.

Hi thanks everyone for the great advise ,will get down to statllers after the new year and get steve jnr to look at my settings as its feels so flat for a stage 2 + s3 ,it really is sole destroying when you spend so much time and money and its no where as good as it should be , was in my bosses mercedes brabus v8 running about 440 bhp and it was lovely, the power , just amazing ..felt like graigs and wesleys fine tuned s3 lol ..