Thinking of selling my BE A3 for an .:R32

I'm just not getting this 8V malarky.
Viewed one at my local garage last month, very disappointed.
I think the headlights are the only thing that I'd have off it.
As for the quad exhaust, WTF!?

From what you've mentioned above, I'm with you on your choice of R32.
The S3 price tag is high for the performance you get. Yes it's only a re-map away but that's not the point.
Having gone from a 2.0T to the S3 I can see what you mean by not getting blown away.
Maybe my expectations were just too high but it was the same when I drove a V8 R8 and my friends RS4.
They were fast, yes, but certainly didn't blow me away.

If I were you I'd go for the R32, I can't see how you would be disappointed after your reaction to the test drive.

tbh with you I didnt care for the 8v until i saw it in real life. I think I would prefer a BE version as there is too much chrome on it for me but the quad exhausts are lovely imo. Literally the only thing now stopping me from getting an R32 is the fact I would be losing a bit of money on my car for something that is older and with more miles. I think I will hold on to my car for a little while until its clocked a few more miles before I do anything. If it wasnt for that I would buy the golf in a heartbeat :)! I have nailed it folks.. S5!!! Thats my new goal

Last edited:
tbh with you I didnt care for the 8v until i saw it in real life. I think I would prefer a BE version as there is too much chrome on it for me but the quad exhausts are lovely imo. Literally the only thing now stopping me from getting an R32 is the fact I would be losing a bit of money on my car for something that is older and with more miles. I think I will hold on to my car for a little while until its clocked a few more miles before I do anything. If it wasnt for that I would buy the golf in a heartbeat :)! I have nailed it folks.. S5!!! Thats my new goal

Quad exhausts on a hatch back is very halfrauds! That's the kind of thing wee neds do to their Corsa's & Saxo's imo
Obviously it's fine on an M3 etc. Mmm.....M3.....