Thinking of installing facelift S3 air vents?

Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm thinking of installing the black/red facelift S3 air vents as they match perfectly with my wheels.

Has anyone done this? I'm assuming they just pop out?

And has anyone got a rough price of them or part number if possible?

Cheers!
680282a6457eeee8ff3254d90b0b25b5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: pburv
Facelift vents lose the jet/diffuse airflow adjuster. A big loss in my opinion. If they're easy to replace I may swap mine for PFL ones.

Reactions: Jassyo06, Gordo77, pburv and 1 other person
Replaced mine with RS3 red vents - very easy to remove just pull hard towards you or use a trim removal tool/credit card to lever them out.

Reactions: Jassyo06 and pburv
Reactions: pburv
Hi guys, I'm thinking of installing the black/red facelift S3 air vents as they match perfectly with my wheels.

Cheers!

If you are just after the red ring look and want to keep the airflow adjustment then you can swap the inner parts with your original vents.....I think I'm right...:friends:

Reactions: Rob2k68 and Scottyg
IMG 7458 IMG 7459 IMG 7460

They look and operate the same as PFL ones to me. Thankfully there are no red parts and the outer rings arrived in black.

Reactions: Rob2k68 and Scottyg
They look rather different to mine.

Mine are a slightly different style, and have so sign of any moving parts or associated mechanism inside;
IMG 4106
IMG 4109

Reactions: Gordo77, Rob2k68 and pburv
They look like the ones in the first post. Mine was one of the first FLs off the line in late July/early Aug so could have been fitted with some run-out parts?
Have you got open or closed vents under the near side headlamp?

Reactions: Rob2k68
Closed vent on my car (3 door manual)

Mine are the telescopic type although I didn't know that until this thread! Sportback if it makes any difference

Reactions: Rob2k68 and pburv
The ones in my car are if the style detailed in the facelift launch photos, so I assumed they'd have all been similar. Looks like early cars down the line got the old vents though. Mine was delayed due to the matrix headlights, so wasn't built until September.

Reactions: Rob2k68 and pburv
The configurator showed red rings around the vents when I ordered in June and I couldn't change them to black. I think they showed the same style inserts as yours. I can only assume Audi cost cutting by simplifying the vents but using up run-out parts.

Shame the diffusing vents are discontinued...
If you can get hold of pfl vents then I'm fairly sure you can swap over the inner part....

This is what the top half of the inner piece looks like...
b2206c6bcc531a017092b0c54877bc08.jpg

Cheers!

The ones in this pic look like the uber cheapo chinky ones which go for about a tenner on ebay!

Reactions: pburv and Rob2k68
Hmm looks like a button in the middle - probably isn't tho.
Maybe the delay in people getting their cars was the lack of vent and not the matrix lights....lol:whistle2:

Reactions: allanmb, WarwickL, Rob2k68 and 1 other person
The configurator showed red rings around the vents when I ordered in June and I couldn't change them to black. I think they showed the same style inserts as yours. I can only assume Audi cost cutting by simplifying the vents but using up run-out parts.

Likewise. I didnt like them to start but then got used to the idea. I was a bit miffed when the car turned up without the red rings :(