Thinking of changing order to Riviera Blue

I have just read that the RS3 is on sale very soon with a price tag of just under £40k. That has put a whole new spanner in the works!!

I really don't know what to do now!
The 3 things going through my head are:
Wait for the S-Tronic sepang blue to arrive and be happy with that.

Re-order same spec in Riviera blue

Or cancel altogether and order a RS3.

If only the correct gearbox had arrived in the first place I would have been very happy and content with what I had and wouldn't be having all these second thoughts!! Maybe the wrong gearbox arrived for a reason!

Does anyone know when the RS3 will be on the configurator?

Need to decide sharpish what to do.

It's overdue - was meant to be uploaded last week but seems to have been put on the back burner for cabriolet sales promotion and R8 launch. My dealer tells me he STILL hasn't got full pricing. I have been given approx on most things but nothing concrete.

Most dealers are getting 2-3 for initial launch. So for my dealer, 1 has to be launch / demo car, 2 for customers. 1 of those two customer cars has to be reserved for an Audi "ambassador" - basically someone who buys **** loads of RS / S products. The other customer car is going to have every option box ticked including the carbon ceramics. I suspect they do know the full pricing as they have ordered a speculative customer car with every option box ticked.

My dealer is getting their first batch mid-August and then next 3 of their allocation will land October time. I think you will be VERY lucky if you can get one of the initial cars. Worth asking your dealer the question though....:)

As I have a Riviera Blue sedan, I can tell you that a lot of people ask you about it and whether they can get the colour as standard.

If you want something that is different, then its worth the wait (same for any Exclusive colour really). You just have to ask yourself whether you can look at it everyday for however long you plan to keep the car. For me, I plan to eventually make my car a track car once its replaced in 3 years.

Riviera Blue has quite a few different shades to it depending on the mood of the sky (as seen below)

DSC 9751
Full sun

DSC 9761
Afternoon (slightly cloudy)

DSC 9778

DSC 9790

Also lowered on H&R Super Sports

Reactions: The Challinor and Psyman79
That's a slap in the face when I'm a wrapper could just ask me lol

Reactions: batch
Was waiting patiently on you providing a quote for me. ;-)

Lol

£1400 for 3dr
£1500 for sb
£1600 for saloon

If it was any chrome it would be double

Reactions: AndyB-S3
After much deliberation I have decided to just stick with Sepang and wait for the S-Tronic to arrive. I don't really fancy driving across Europe with a manual due to my bad legs as that was the hole reason for getting an S-Tronic. So I think it's best to just stick with the current order and get it as quick as possible so I can hand the manual back.

Next order will definitely be a reviera blue though, and possibly on a RS3 if available. I'll keep the S-Tronic S3 for around a year before thinking about ordering a RS.

Reactions: Rob2k68
Will get better pics in natural light

It's a gloss swatch and we can also do it in matte effect

Definitely looks better on a saloon. Saw it on a SB and it just made it look very aftermarket/kit car.

On the saloon it looks ace.

@Kimmy.E not sure if you have made your decision yet but I passed a Riviera Blue SB a couple of days back and in the flesh i thought it looked s**** IMHO

Will see if I can pull a picture off the Dashcam, but I have done lots of miles in the last few days so might be overwritten already

@Kimmy.E not sure if you have made your decision yet but I passed a Riviera Blue SB a couple of days back and in the flesh i thought it looked s**** IMHO

Will see if I can pull a picture off the Dashcam, but I have done lots of miles in the last few days so might be overwritten already

Stuck with Sepang in the end. Couldn't justify the price tag!

Reactions: Daveotto