Thinking of changing my S4

TripleD

Audi S4 Avant Owner
Reaction score
..... for another S4!

I brought my S4 mainly because it was in stock and I had to move quickly to get out of the grips of Mercedes. I had to compromise on the extras, but one that I really wanted again after only having it for 18 days on my Merc was the active cruise control, loved the feature and found it really useful. I've just seen my not so local Audi Garage that sold my original car have an S4 demo coming available in October that has most of the extra's I would have wanted originally, the 1 thing I'd lose is my HUD.

So after what would be 10 months of ownership, is it worth the small step across, or do you think Audi will rape me?

Reactions: Keef and Daggerit
You are going to be heavily penalised it and by how much depends on how long your term is.

Just wait it out

You are going to be heavily penalised it and by how much depends on how long your term is.

Just wait it out

I think that you'll likely be right... That is unless you got a large chunk of money off the retail price so they can sell it for more relative to what you actually paid. If that makes any sense?

The adaptive cruise and the Matrix LEDs are definitely the ones that I wanted on mine so I understand where you're coming from!

Reactions: Thundercliffe81 and TripleD
well the enquire has been made, lets see how far I would have to bend over.

Reactions: Thundercliffe81 and Daggerit
well the enquire has been made, lets see how far I would have to bend over.

Having sold VW / Audi in the past, I think you'd probably have to touch your toes.

Reactions: mister.c., Thundercliffe81, Dunders and 2 others
Everyone has commented pretty well on what will happen, but you have rightly enquired about the costs so at least you know what is involved.

Reactions: Daggerit
Everyone has commented pretty well on what will happen, but you have rightly enquired about the costs so at least you know what is involved.

Indeed. And at the end of the day if it's a hit you're happy taking to have all the options that you really want then I'm sure that you won't regret it down the line. :)

Reactions: Thundercliffe81
Indeed. And at the end of the day if it's a hit you're happy taking to have all the options that you really want then I'm sure that you won't regret it down the line. :)
Yeah, I'm not really up for taking a massive hit, and fully expecting some stupid amount of money needing to change hands, plus there's nothing wrong with my S4 (well apart from the HUD trim still not being fixed), so will see how bad it is, failing that I've lost nothing, and their car isn't available until Oct anyway.

Reactions: Daggerit
Yeah, I'm not really up for taking a massive hit, and fully expecting some stupid amount of money needing to change hands, plus there's nothing wrong with my S4 (well apart from the HUD trim still not being fixed), so will see how bad it is, failing that I've lost nothing, and their car isn't available until Oct anyway.

Yeah, sounds like you're not missing out on too much at least. :) You never know (well, you kinda do), they may come back with an offer you can't refuse!

Reactions: TripleD
interested to hear what they come back with.. i love my car .. just out of interest to see how they hold there value

You could retrofit acc for like £5k :grimacing:

Genuine response .. ive considered using these people in the past.. seem very competive pricing for retrofits and they will come to your house ..

I'm currently decided if I need the rear camera or not..

http://vagtec.co.uk/eshop/audi/a4/b9-8w-2015.html?typ_product=8

I do the camera from my old car, but unsure on VagTec, made some enquirys ealier this year and they were slow to respond and seemed like they were in Poland, by the time you add fitting, they aren't any cheaper unless you fit yourself but then you have the headache of coding.
Hazzydayz have an 'offer' on at the mo, good reviews, and similar priced.

The one thing I don't like is the camera being permenantly external, I like the ones that disappear so get less dirt on them!

Keen to hear back on this as I'd like to move to an RS4 B8 after 15 months. Got a pretty nice deposit/chunk off the RRP but still...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Still nothing from the salesman, I guess no news is bad news!

Still nothing from the salesman, I guess no news is bad news!

I know PCP rules have changed to be more flexible and apparently interest isn't as front loaded as it used to be. You asked VW for a settlement figure?

I know PCP rules have changed to be more flexible and apparently interest isn't as front loaded as it used to be. You asked VW for a settlement figure?

Na I'm too scared
If there was a deal there they'd be on the phone, but as I say cars not available until oct so. No rush really!

Na I'm too scared
If there was a deal there they'd be on the phone, but as I say cars not available until oct so. No rush really!

Yeah, I'm waiting until March. Just shopping around now for best APR. I reckon we're both in for a shock haha. But, end of the day, dealers want to make money so your 'best interests' won't always be accounted for. If you're willing to take a hit, they'll happily put it together for ya haha. Just how much of a hit isn't it?

Nope, chased yesterday, said they've not looked into it yet.

Haha. There's ya answer then. My dealer got back to me. Said yeah...let's wait til Spring to change to RS4. You're 'very' early in your plan just now.

FYI, just heard back from Audi Finance. £5k negative equity there abouts. Assuming I couldn't squeeze any more out of a part Ex from my dealer (if I decided to go with it, which I'm not). Autocar valuation coming in at £35k for mine at present.

Certainly makes you realise why people are going PCP. Losing almost £20k depreciation in 8 months. Wow. Imagine paying cash for it? Gulp!

Anyhoo, trading in next spring for the B8.5 RS4. Hopefully the negative equity will be reduced quite a bit by then. Just thought you'd want to know bud

FYI, just heard back from Audi Finance. £5k negative equity there abouts. Assuming I couldn't squeeze any more out of a part Ex from my dealer (if I decided to go with it, which I'm not). Autocar valuation coming in at £35k for mine at present.

Certainly makes you realise why people are going PCP. Losing almost £20k depreciation in 8 months. Wow. Imagine paying cash for it? Gulp!

Anyhoo, trading in next spring for the B8.5 RS4. Hopefully the negative equity will be reduced quite a bit by then. Just thought you'd want to know bud

Thanks for the info fella.
Yeah kinda what I was expecting too, ah well, poor me I have to put up with an S4 instead of another S4

Thanks for the info fella.
Yeah kinda what I was expecting too, ah well, poor me I have to put up with an S4 instead of another S4

Haha. There's never a daft or silly thread on here. All about knowledge and always somebody else likely to be thinking what you're asking. Think you'll change in a year?

Haha. There's never a daft or silly thread on here. All about knowledge and always somebody else likely to be thinking what you're asking. Think you'll change in a year?

Depends on the neg equity, I'll change when it breaks even depending on what's about. I like driving the S4 still puts a smile on my face, so we'll see.
I am tempted by an RS6 in purple after seeing one at Audi's in the park!

Depends on the neg equity, I'll change when it breaks even depending on what's about. I like driving the S4 still puts a smile on my face, so we'll see.
I am tempted by an RS6 in purple after seeing one at Audi's in the park!

Merlin purple RS6 with white interior is my 40th birthday goal in a few years! Great choice man.