Thinking of buying this A5 - advice please!

gcon45

Reaction score
Hi guys.

Im on the verge of putting a deposit on this A5:

2009 AUDI A5 COUPE S LINE QUATTRO 170PS 39500 MILES! | Saltmarine Car's

Went to see it tonight and it's remarkably mint.

The only thing putting me off are the 20" wheels though. As good as they look, they will be rock hard especially on our rougher back roads.

I could get circa £1500 for them and stick on a set of genuine 18s mind you.

Any opinions in the car / spec / price etc would be much appreciated!

Make sure they are genuine 20" Audi alloys and not replicas?

I'm always wary when the badges on the rear are non-standard. The rear bumper looks a different shade of silver, it may just be the photo, but check for any signs of a repair.

Check the condition of the brake disks for any lips and wear on the brake pads.

Does it have full service history? It should of had 2 services by now - preferably by Audi.

Cheers Grant.

The wheels are definitely genuine Audi wheels.

The badges are a bit odd. I must ask if I can remove them with a little heat to see if they're hiding anything.

As for the colour match, I think it's just the picture. Looks perfect in the flesh.

Full Audi service history.

Seems alright from what I can see, although the price isn't anything of a bargain, but neither a rip-off by an means.

I'd check some out here at CG, too: Used Audi A5 - 23 Audi A5 at Cargiant

The thing with not liking something from the start (20" wheels) is always a problem as you should always consider what you'll be paying on top for alloys and new tyres to go with it. When you add it all up, you may have found a car with what you wanted for a cheaper price, so be sure to not get too excited and jump at it.

If you do decide to go for it, do the obvious feel with your hand across the WHOLE car to feel for bumps, dings etc, as well as checking the alignments of panels with your finger and all that basic stuff to check if there's any signs of an obvious accident repair. Try to do as many runs with the engine as possible. Check for any noises on cold starts/warm starts and take your time with it, because a lot of people do later come to hear a click or something or other from their engine which may be nothing problematic, but it's still better to look into it carefully to check if everything is in order before handing your money over.

Best of luck and let us know what you choose.

Well guys, bought the car on Friday and am over the moon with it.

Couple of questions:

it's an s-line with the 20" wheels. I was considering getting a full set of Eibach hubcentric spacers and elongated bolts.
What is considered the deepest spacer you can fit to these without rubbing?

Also, are the LED taillights retrofitable?

H&R spacers are better

20mm front 25mm rear. Mine looks ok. LED tail lights are fittable with the correct looms. I have the 19 y spokes on mine