Thinking of buying S4 Cab - S44 GJS

AdamsDad

Reaction score
Anybody come across this cab ? Looks decent but could it be too good
90k on clock , had new engine at 60k ?
FSH - last done by Audi Basingstoke

Anybody, coments please..

Thks Andy

The dealers advert is confusing, has details for an S5 spec, list it as 2011 (07) clearly it's not an S5 or 2011 car. Id want to know a lot more about the replacement engine, was it new from Audi or a refurbished unit from Audi or a third party. I understand Audi have no S4 engines left and are selling reconditioned engines now and some folk have had issues with them. As with any S4 check for cam chain rattle at start up and be aware of the potential big bills to sort it if its got a second hand as opposed to new engine at some stage ( a lot are fine, but it's a £5k bill to fix).

Reactions: AdamsDad
Thanks sportquattro - Reg Check states S5 also , The points raised are enough to walk away I think.. . I
get that feeling - to good ! Thanks for all advice ..

Thanks sportquattro - Reg Check states S5 also , The points raised are enough to walk away I think.. . I
get that feeling - to good ! Thanks for all advice ..

I think I would have done the same, there are good S4's out there and they are a fantastic car. I spent 4 months looking for one and eventually found the right one. A aftermarket warranty makes a lot of sense on these. Find a good S4 and I guarantee you will have a big grin on your face.

I think I would have done the same, there are good S4's out there and they are a fantastic car. I spent 4 months looking for one and eventually found the right one. A aftermarket warranty makes a lot of sense on these. Find a good S4 and I guarantee you will have a big grin on your face.

Just found yr post about buying a S4 - Is there any thing you have come across since with the S4 . .. the camchain is a big worry. I am finding alot more b7 Final Edition Diesel cabs than S4 cabs same level of trim equipment etc

i think you'll find this dealer has had a few " customer issues" with cars they are selling and some of his cars are not quite as they should be, from web feedback , a very long pole comes to mind in this instance.

and that reg number is for sale aswell.
Reg1

just in case anyone else is thinking about it, here is some more info.
Mot1

It's probably not what you want, but I have a 2005/55 black S4 Avant with tiptronic, 77k, FSH, 11 months MOT, recent tyre change (3000 miles ago), DAB and cruise, £8750

89b90e41cba10bb58740406f93e4aaf6.jpg

It's probably not what you want, but I have a 2005/55 black S4 Avant with tiptronic, 77k, FSH, 11 months MOT, recent tyre change (3000 miles ago), DAB and cruise, £8750

89b90e41cba10bb58740406f93e4aaf6.jpg
Thank you for the offer , but want a cab really , done the avant thing already and other half refused to drive them -
to big ???? Cheers Andy ..

My A4 Cab will be up for sale in the next couple of days, its really clean and tidy with 102,000 miles but a full history, I've had it for 3.5 years and have loved and cherished it. I was thinking £7k was about right.