Thinking of buying R8 V10

PetrolAholic

Reaction score
Hi all, just looking really for some R8 owners on here (they're probably isn't many)

I'm thinking about ordering a V10 Spyder, just wondering to know some things like how you get on with it on a day to day basis, any annoying little querks (the bits they miss when you read car reviews and don't pick up on test drives)

Either thinking of R8 V10 or a Gallardo Spyder...

Bit of an open post really so any replies (sensible) welcome

Gallardo all day every day mate :)

Been looking at Gallardo pics, they do look better... Just hope the running costs aren't too much more lol.

Making an appointment to go see a dealer later today to get some ideas, also got to see if I can insure one at 24.

Been looking at Gallardo pics, they do look better... Just hope the running costs aren't too much more lol.

Making an appointment to go see a dealer later today to get some ideas, also got to see if I can insure one at 24.
24 and looking to buy either an R8 or Gallardo, I don't know you but already dislike you

Footballer? Pimp? hehe! Good on you though mate, hope you enjoy whichever you choose. R8's look ace, but Lambo's take it to another level I think. They have a supercar presence on the road which I don't think the R8 quite achieves (a good thing though in my eyes). As for quirks etc, sorry...i've never even looked at purchasing one so out of answers.

Footballer? Pimp? hehe! Good on you though mate, hope you enjoy whichever you choose. R8's look ace, but Lambo's take it to another level I think. They have a supercar presence on the road which I don't think the R8 quite achieves (a good thing though in my eyes). As for quirks etc, sorry...i've never even looked at purchasing one so out of answers.

Ha ha, I assure you it's nothing that elaborate. Looking at an LP560-4 Spyder, the one I found though is an Automatic. Not that i'm bothered that it's auto as I know the box is good. Really need to test drive one, i'm heading over to a Dealership next week so will keep you informed.

Also found out the Gallardo is being replaced by a newer model later this year... Will try find out more info on that too.

Ha ha, I assure you it's nothing that elaborate. Looking at an LP560-4 Spyder, the one I found though is an Automatic. Not that i'm bothered that it's auto as I know the box is good. Really need to test drive one, i'm heading over to a Dealership next week so will keep you informed.

Also found out the Gallardo is being replaced by a newer model later this year... Will try find out more info on that too.

Let us know how you get on then! Will be nice to see a load of pics of whichever you get.

I would go for the R8 V10 Spyder, its an absolute dream to drive as is the R8.

Hard one. Ive always been Ferrari over Lambo but out of Lambo and Audi I think you'd have to go with Lambo.

Imagine being sat in traffic and looking at my little Black Edition with a very very similar flat bottom steering wheel next to you. It just isnt special enough in my opinion although i'd still have one tomorrow. :)

Hope he went for the Gallardo.

We had a white LHD 560-4 spider at our place over in Spain. It was such a good car in respects of pull your face off speed and everyday drivability.

I do love R8's, but I couldn't justify speeding £100k+ on one. I'd rather pick up an old V8 for around £50k and tune it up.

Build quality would bother me, if its Italian. i have seen some appalling Ferrari's, brand new with real paint problems. One with the dash not fitted correctly which meant taking the screen out of a new car to fit it as it should have been done at the factory.. Not to mention the bits left loose and some bits missing altogether.Same with Ducati..be prepared for most bits to vibrate undone and fall off. also be prepared for all the plated parts to corrode and go chalky the first time they get wet..
For this reason i would have to go for the Audi........

I read the Audi in-house magazine road test recently? I seem to remember a lot was written about impracticality issues such as lack of oddment & boot space, but I guess if it's just a pose, and a budget one at that v Lambo, I guess such things matter little.