Thinking about upgrading(modding) my new baby

zilienti

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

First of all, here's a picture of my new car, picked it up this saturday;

ImageShack� - Online Photo and Video Hosting

It's an A3 Sportback 1.4 tsfi, from 05/2008, so pre-facelift.

I'm allready thinking of some few mod's, I do have some questions though, I'm kinda new in styling cars, the most I did was a fox tale on my old Corsa. :)

It needs an upgrade on the wheels, since these doesnt really fit the car, and they are too small.

I have looked on these on ebay; 19" 5X112 AUDI RS6 STYLE ALLOYS A3 A4 A6 A8 Q5 ALLOYS AUDI FITMENT VW AUDI RIMS | eBay

Is there anything i need to keep in mind before buying these, or do i just need some tyres, and then I'm good to go?

What suspension would you recommend, with 19's?

And in the future I'm planning on replacing the front and rear bumpers with some from a S-Line, what more beside the bumpers do i need to replace them? I looked and searched the forum and other sides, but never really found some answers.

Thanks in advance, Thomas.

P.s. I love my "new" A3 :)

Good to see another 1.4TFSI member on board :)

Here is my car on the OEM 18" RS6 Alloys
20130309_104642_zps226295dc.jpg

I already switched up my wheels with some OEM wheels of an S3 and re-sprayed them black.

Next up is a remap hopefully next week :)

I look forward to seeing what other plans you have

That is also looking pretty sweet, though i like the gunmetal color better.

Cant really decide if it should be 18's or 19's.

A remap, is that just a chip or? Sorry for my crappy tech-english, never browsed car forums before. :) Used to have a 206 1.4, not much fun in that car. :)

I got a lot of plans in my head, but my pockets aint that deep I'm afraid. Its expensive to buy a car in Denmark. :)

Alloys and lowering would be the first thing on my to-do list.

And after that I'm thinking of fitting S-Line bumpers, and maybe some retrofit rearlights, the led ones.

/Thomas

ahhh I see... Glad you liked my car so much that you chose the same alloys :)
yh those are the right springs... Speak to GNJ Motorsport or DPM Motorsport who are both site sponsors here for a better deal on the springs.

Stumbled across your blog some day, and i must say its a pretty nice project you have done!

Okay, I'll try to contact them, are they located in GB?

/Thomas

That is also looking pretty sweet, though i like the gunmetal color better.

Cant really decide if it should be 18's or 19's.

A remap, is that just a chip or? Sorry for my crappy tech-english, never browsed car forums before. :) Used to have a 206 1.4, not much fun in that car. :)

I got a lot of plans in my head, but my pockets aint that deep I'm afraid. Its expensive to buy a car in Denmark. :)

Alloys and lowering would be the first thing on my to-do list.

And after that I'm thinking of fitting S-Line bumpers, and maybe some retrofit rearlights, the led ones.

/Thomas

Pretty much at present the car is 125bhp, They will play around with the ECU and extract around another 30-40bhp :)

I will also be lowering this month so once its done i will throw up some pics so you can see how it sits, I will be sticking to 18s as the roads in Cyprus are terrible as it is, I have the standard facelift bumpers but my only addition to them will be the Cupra front lip that will look like so:
images

Pretty much at present the car is 125bhp, They will play around with the ECU and extract around another 30-40bhp :)

I will also be lowering this month so once its done i will throw up some pics so you can see how it sits, I will be sticking to 18s as the roads in Cyprus are terrible as it is, I have the standard facelift bumpers but my only addition to them will be the Cupra front lip that will look like so:

Okay, that's quite a bit! I have been looking at it myself, but doesn't need it right now, but some day in the future. :)

Yeah, the facelifted models just looks more "sporty", but unfortunately they where out of my pricerange. :)