Thinking about selling...

Ghetto

Reaction score
Alright everyone...well i've been having some evil thoughts recently about selling my pride and joy. I really can't take this car any further than I have for fear or losing vasts amount of money and its not feeding my modifying obsession!
The car is currently slammed on H&R Coilovers over 19x8'' BBS Challange Wheels, Powerflow backbox and Superchip.
Its got pretty much got every extra, including Satnav+, Full Black leather interior, Xenons, Bose etc.
Full spec can be put up should you require it...
I've also got thousands of pictures if you would like anymore..

So i'm putting a feeler out there to see if anyone would be interested, and how much they'd offer...Incase you didn't know its a 2.0FSI (RR'd @ 160bhp)

Regards,
Ghetto.
e38.jpg

Couple of extra things I forgot to mention. The car has only ever been run on Optimax (98ron) - NEVER anything else.
The car has only ever been cleaned with Zymol cleaning equiment and the wax is superb - got pics to prove it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Cheers Richy.

Was thinking about reverting back to a MK4 golf and turning the car into full on show car spec.
I'm having second thoughts now though, had a few messages on my window saying 'If you ever want to sell you car call this number'
Makes me feel good to know people like my car as much as I do.
Maybe keep it a few more years /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

How about an engine swap project to keep you going, maybe the 2.7 bi-turbo!

But very original with RS4 performance.

Ok, just buy an RS4. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Unfortunately, my car is gonna have to go. I've come back for my final year at Uni and in the last week i've been having severe paranoia which was greeted this morning with a smashed rear quarter window and a couple of stolen coats from my rear seat..
So i've decided to sell the car for my final year, and drive around in something alot cheaper..So i'm currently open to offers.

The car is a 2.0FSI which has been remapped and rolling roaded measuring 160bhp along with a Powerflow exhaust.
The car has full leather interior, black rooflining, BOSE sound system, SatNav+, Xenons, Heated Seats....etc..
It also has the only set of Coilovers for an A3 8P (the newer model) in the country (as far as I am aware), with 19'' BBS Challange wheels - in mint condition..
No expense has been spared..the car has only ever run on Optimax (98ron) and I've only ever cleaned it with Zymol cleaning products.

I really am going to hate to see this car go, but i'd rather it go to an enthusiast now..than sit in a garage at home for a year..
You may have seen this car at:
International '05
VW Festival '05 - Runner up Audi in Show n Shine
Edition 38 '05

I've got hunderds of pics of my car, if you need any more information you can contact me: sam@rawson.com

Pictures:
e38.jpg

lincoln5.jpg

graffitiwall.jpg

a3-4.jpg

Plan 'B', don't leave anything on view for the thieving scumbags to see and keep the car....

Would you be willing to part out the coilovers and wheels?

And it will never be said enough, Sam: your photographic work is amazing!

Lol cheers mate!
I'm beggining to have second thoughts, I don't think i'll get anywhere near the price I want for it..
Today in Leeds a kid in an A3 pulled up next to me, with the same wheels..colour..lowered..same ****** tax disk holder..and gave me the thumbs up..
I shook my head at how this guy has just plagrised my cars style!
However, watching his car move was cool..reminded me of how I own one of the best shaped cars on the road. I think i'll probably just get a new set of over the top wheels /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I shook my head at how this guy has just plagrised my cars style!

[/ QUOTE ]

To be fair Ghetto, you're not the first fella to buy a black car, lower the suspension and stick a set of BBS CHs on it !!

True, but scary considering he's had the exact same thoughts as me and goes to the same uni.

[ QUOTE ]
and goes to the same uni.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahhhhhhhhh.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/noidea.gif

[ QUOTE ]
True, but scary considering he's had the exact same thoughts as me and goes to the same uni.

[/ QUOTE ]

I say do his back windows in and thieve whatever you can get your grubby mitts on...

or get a new set of wheels /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/noidea.gif

[ QUOTE ]
...and goes to the same uni.

[/ QUOTE ]
CHRIST..... I work full time and am still saving up to dip my toes into the world of an Audi A3. What am I doing wrong???????????? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

I think it may well be down to how well off your parents are.....

[ QUOTE ]
I think it may well be down to how well off your parents are.....

[/ QUOTE ]
Agreed. My transport at uni (10 years ago, admittedly) began with a light blue 1985 Ford Fiesta 950 with 90k on the clock. Couldn't be more different to Ghetto's car!

These days you need rich parents just to go to university. I left uni with debt totalling £800.

If I'd left with today's average of £15-£20k maybe I could have bought a souped up motor instead.

I had an automatic Maestro, the only cred it could muster was that it was a Rover not an Austin!

Then a BMW, then a Nova SR (which i wish i still had, just as a toy/lawnmower)

I didn't go to university (not quite so common 40 years ago) but I did do a part-time day release course for an HND in Building and an Architecture course. When I was doing this I was already married (at 19) and drove a white mini saloon with red plastic seats ( FPD896B). This was a step up from my original - a blue mini-van (308CCG) which was in turn a step up from my Honda C50 scooter.

[ QUOTE ]
I had an automatic Maestro, the only cred it could muster was that it was a Rover not an Austin!

[/ QUOTE ]
Aw mate, that is absolutely tragic student transport! Even a manual one would have been better!

Thinking again about all my previous vehicles I gone full circle. My very first Honda C50 Scooter had an automatic clutch - just click the gear change pedal and that was it.

Since then I have had 19 Manual gearbox cars. Now I have a 2.0 TDI with a DSG gearbox - automatic clutch again !

The other strange thing is that when I passed my test on my Honda C50 scooter it gave me a FULL motorcycle licence not limited by engine size or type of gearbox. So in theory I can legally ride say a 1000cc motorbike. But having never ridden other the the Honda I would not have a clue where to start! Scarey!