Thinking about selling

no_idea

Reaction score
Hi all,
I am thinking of selling my A4 3.0 quattro sport avant. (6 speed manual & it's silver)
I have no idea what it is worth and whether I should leave it as it is or take off the extras I have fitted.
I bought it from an Audi dealer fitted with black buffalino leather, heated seats, symphony 6 disc, bose, power folding heated mirrors, ambient lighting.
I have added: RNS-E, factory bluetooth, 6 disc changer, armrest, cruise control, dis with washer bottle sensor, full colour instument cluster, ambient rear light.
It has done 71,000 miles with a full Audi history, last serviced in March and since then it has done about 500 miles. It is a very tidy avant.
With all the bits and bobs it is a pretty good spec. but I don't know whether it would be appreciated (unless a forum member was interested)
Do you lads think it would be best to take off the best extras and sell them seperately or advertise as is?
The million dollar question is what sort of money do you think it is worth?
Cheers, all input greatly appreciated.:thumbsup:

Last edited:
I can't really advise you on the price I'm afraid, other than to browse the usual places to get an idea. How you price depends on how keenly you want to sell it.

The only thing you might want to remove is the RNSe as that is worth a bit seperately (assuming you still have the original HU). The cruise and DIS components are largely integral to the car now, and in my opinion the resale value for them wouldn't be worth the time spent extracting them!

as above leave as is or just change the rns-e
price depends on who wants to buy iv just got a nice a3 55 2.0 tdi s-line for under 4k with 45000 fmdsh very good spec
people are passing the more expensive cars for cheaper less spec cars
id rather buy low spec and retro everything else price wise range from 6k +
with your miles id go top end and hope someone is looking for the spec yours has
looking around theres a few B7 with around 70/80k avang quattro under 8k

I can't really advise you on the price I'm afraid, other than to browse the usual places to get an idea. How you price depends on how keenly you want to sell it.

The only thing you might want to remove is the RNSe as that is worth a bit seperately (assuming you still have the original HU). The cruise and DIS components are largely integral to the car now, and in my opinion the resale value for them wouldn't be worth the time spent extracting them!

Thanks for your input James,
Yes I have still got the original H.U. The only things I would realistically remove would be the RNS-E, the bluetooth and the 6 disc. I still have the original glovebox as well. Had thought about putting the old cluster back in , but still undecided.
At the end of the day if I can get reasonable money for it and more importantly someone who would appreciate the car I would leave as is.
I am not in any rush to sell. I have bought a van for work and the car doesn't really get used as much as it did. It would be nice for someone else to get good use out of it and look after it as I have. I am looking at replacing it with a MK1 3.2 TT so I am not leaving the Audi fold. (I don't think I could!)

Hi sounds good, what year is it? I think the engine might limit your market, but then again an enthusiat may be more interested in it especially with the spec.

as above leave as is or just change the rns-e
price depends on who wants to buy iv just got a nice a3 55 2.0 tdi s-line for under 4k with 45000 fmdsh very good spec
people are passing the more expensive cars for cheaper less spec cars
id rather buy low spec and retro everything else price wise range from 6k +
with your miles id go top end and hope someone is looking for the spec yours has
looking around theres a few B7 with around 70/80k avang quattro under 8k

Thanks bez for your input, what would you call top end (£6K?)

Hi sounds good, what year is it? I think the engine might limit your market, but then again an enthusiat may be more interested in it especially with the spec.

It is a 52 plate registered in Oct. 2002.
Your are right, for the type of car it is you would have to be looking for one. When I bought it it was the only variant I wanted and it took quite a while to find this one.

I don't really know on price. I have a 2003 1.8T saloon but doesn't have the same spec as yours. I paid 5k for it 3 years ago with 47k on the clock. Different cars I know but just to give you an idea. I would probably say between 4 and 5k but could be wrong.

I know of a 52 plate 3.0 Quattro for sale for 3.5k looks nice don't know the spec though and it has loads of audio extras not that it makes much difference to price to be fair

I would say 4.5k upwards maybe!

But at the end of the day its only worth what someone would pay for it why not go to a few car dealers and ask what they would sell it for then knock a couple of hundred off

Thanks for the input everyone.
I always find it difficult to come up with a price when trying to sell a car, I like to be fair, but don't want to give it away.
I think I will try and have a ring round a few dealers see what they say, (good idea stu_m)