thinking about selling my s3

thebott

Reaction score
Hi i am looking to change my car for a newer model , its an 07 with 36k and in mint condition the question is do i sell private or go to dealers for a trade in ????????????????

what would be the best option ?
any opinions please...........

i hope so . if i can get a good price for mine . and add some cash

ahh was gonna say my dad has one but its last of the prefacelifts sell me your buckets! :) :wub:

haha was only joking anyway mate ill get a set one day anyway my advice to you would be to go and get a trade in price for your car, if its not quite what you want get the car on the private market

the market price for these cars is so varied ive seen them forsale from 17 to 21 k so not sure.............
maybe not agood time to get best price with everyone being skint !

the market price for these cars is so varied ive seen them forsale from 17 to 21 k so not sure.............
maybe not agood time to get best price with everyone being skint !

thats worries me, almost as if the ones that are cheaper are ones that just wont sell so have ben reduced + .. maybe the ones priced higher are newer on the market??

Seen a couple of average spec 07/57 cars cars recently at my local dealers advertised at 20K.
Gives you a benchmark.

Thats Oop Norf BTW so free flat cap and whippet for the lucky few......

i was looking to get descent money due to the high spec of the car, i think i will visit the dealer and see whats what.

Make sure you post up what they offered you so we can all see how much they try and take the Michael.

You may get lucky if they have a facelifted S3 in stock that they want to shift. All depends on what money they have I'm the car you intend to do a deal more times than not.

Good luck :)

Dealers are offering terrible money for S3's at the minute so you would be best trying to sell privately!! :)

A mate of mine had an Jan 2007 Ibis S3, all optional extra's bar recaros. Mint, mint car but had 64k on the clocks!

Dealer offered him 13k lol

cheeky feckers:sadlike:

i am going down to dealers next week , se we will see........

so we can all see how much they try and take the Michael.

Translated:

If they use swarfega or johnsons baby oil when they butt fxck you

A mate of mine had an Jan 2007 Ibis S3, all optional extra's bar recaros. Mint, mint car but had 64k on the clocks!

Dealer offered him 13k lol

4 years old, 64k, tbh probably correct for trade no?

I suspect they will offer you between 14-15k, i was offered 15k six months ago for mine but prices do seem to have dropped again. I sold mine private very easily but you have to make the price attractive, no good pitching in for 20k as you just won't get it, see what the dealer offers and add a few grand.

Good Luck

Mark

Also its worth considering what the dealers will say regarding the mods to your car. They may well discount it because of them but a private punter may pony up for them

i was thinking that , for a serious buyer it has all the toys and been very well looked after, it just have been easier to trade in.
i will give them a shot next week .
but looks like it will be a private deal , so gonna detail the car and get it advertised.....

thanks for all the comments

i was thinking that , for a serious buyer it has all the toys and been very well looked after, it just have been easier to trade in.
i will give them a shot next week .
but looks like it will be a private deal , so gonna detail the car and get it advertised.....

thanks for all the comments

Make sure you take loads of good quality pics (inside, outside, piles of documents etc) in the sunlight and preferably not on an industrial estate - always makes a better first impression.

If I could get permission from the GF I'd sell my car and buy yours in an instant with your mods!

Hi Bott... difficult one but most Audi dealers will walk a mile from modded cars as they can't retail them via the Audi used programme. £15k I reckon

My dealer offered me 16k for mine a month ago, 57 plate, 32k miles, good spec.

Similar cars are going for 3k more privately which is a substantial difference and more than justifies the extra hassle of a private sale.

Ps anyone interested???

i'd recommend you "demod" your current car, get the new one and put all the mods back on. that way you can still p/x.

if you want absolute top dollar yeah you'll need to sell it yourself but you might as well show your car to a few local dealers and see what they'll give you for it. it's not gonna cost you anything after all

and consider how long it'll take you to shift it and whether the effort you'll have to put in. if it'll get you £2k more and only take you a week then defos go private. but if it's gonna take you a couple of months and you'll only get £500 or so more would it really have been worth your trouble?

best of luck anyways fella. you have a nice motor and i'm sure someone with a bit of knowledge can be "coerced" into taking your modded motor for a good price.

Last edited:
Sell private.
Put the money in your pocket not the dealers.

Good luck
Paul

Hi Bott... difficult one but most Audi dealers will walk a mile from modded cars as they can't retail them via the Audi used programme. £15k I reckon

There is not a chance of me letting this car go for 15k !!
I will sell private as I am in no rush , will detail and service then leave in garage until the right buyer comes along , I honestly have not seen a smarter s3 around Edinburgh , I will let you know how I get on ,

Thanks for all comments

Scott

Give the stealers a try, i was pleasantly surprised what I was offered for my S3. But any mods on the car will not help you as already mentioned, Audi will not touch it or at best knock u down in price.