B8 Thinking About A New RS4 Avant

Bristle Hound

Staff member
Reaction score
I thought I should start a thread here instead of carrying on the one in the A3/S3 8V section :thumbs up:

Been hearing rumours on cracking deals on new RS4's :jump:

May be a good time for me as I haven't collected my new S3 saloon yet!

Just been doing some quick price comparisons on the brokers sites for a new RS4

Drive the deal and Orangewheels are offering the most discount - nearly £8k on the model/spec i would want
Carwow - 4 dealer replies so far, including Coventry - nearest was over £2k away from above 2 and it wasn't Coventry! (Coventry Audi are showing 11 stock RS4's on carwow at the mo)
Carfile - Don't do the 'base' spec RS4, only the 2 Ltd editions 1's

Looking on the used car section of Audi Uk site, my local Dealer has a new demo RS4, so will be defo be paying them a visit ;)

RS4 Avant PDF brochure - January 2015 edition
http://www.audi.co.uk/content/dam/audi/production/PDF/PriceAndSpecGuides/rs4-avant.pdf

Reactions: Thundercliffe81, RAPS3 and MartayMcFly
I've got one as a courtesy car at the moment. Lots of deals put 10k down you're looking about 750 a month (20k miles) business contract hire. I'm sure there are others on hire purchase too.

I'd have one tomorrow if I didn't do that many miles. What a beast. Now when I get my S3 back I'll have to think about what's next to get that feeling back. It did take a bit of getting used to with it being NA though, but I'm there now!

Only downside is sub 20mpg but thats just me deciding to live 45 miles from the office.

Edit: got my first figures wrong, above are correct.

Last edited:
Reactions: Thundercliffe81
I went for S3 largely because it had 'new' underpinnings and is about the same size as an A4. The A4 and 5 series are getting old in the tooth and coming up for a revamp. Discount are there for a reason - new model on the horizon, so be prepared to be deflated in a few months' time when there is a new forum and you have the 'old' model.
Rgds, Cassandra.

Reactions: Ashmcblue
Good choice sir.

I saw a Suzuka RS4 at my local dealership and it led me to change my order for the RS5 from Sepang.
V spoke alloys?

It has always been my favourite Audi colour Craigl. Only seen a nose shot of your beast, but it really suits RS cars.

I'd would dearly love the V spokes but it will depend on monthlys I think....

Last edited:
Already had a quote BH and it was VERY workable.....

£5k deposit from me, £4k from Audi UK and £4k dealer discount - £525 a month with metallic, black glass and heated seats. 36 months, 5,000 miles P.A.

OK, it may not be the most up to date technology wise but the standard spec is good (it has full nav / connect) and I have always thought the B8 avant is a good looker.

What a thing to own.......:)

Reactions: Thundercliffe81 and Sandra

£5k deposit from me, £4k from Audi UK and £4k dealer discount - £525 a month with metallic, black glass and heated seats. 36 months, 5,000 miles P.A.

OK, it may not be the most up to date technology wise but the standard spec is good (it has full nav / connect) and I have always thought the B8 avant is a good looker.

Where you located?

Won't you take too much of a hit with the new car BH?
I'm not due to collect my S3 till 1st March, so if I decide on a RS4 I will 'only' lose the £500 deposit :thumbs up:

Reactions: David83S3

@Pulp84 - Are you using this finance calculator buddy? :think:
http://www.audi.co.uk/explore-models/finance-calculator.html#/calculator?range=A4&model=RS 4 Avant&trim=SE&modelCode=8K5RXY\0&productType=SOLUTIONS&deposit=2827.25&mileage=10&period=36

Figures I'm getting seem to be favorable ;)

Reactions: Pulp84
Yes BH, had a go on that too.

I thought originally I was getting a good deal on the RS4 but playing around with these figures I don't think it was anything special!

Do like the suzuka grey RS4 with V spokes, black pack & privacy glass

That's would be my preference yes.....:)

Just to muddy the waters I am going to see if they have finance figures on RS3 tomorrow too. Don't think they - regardless, it's still not an RS4!

That's would be my preference yes.....:)

Just to muddy the waters I am going to see if they have finance figures on RS3 tomorrow too. Don't think they - regardless, it's still not an RS4!
Good colour choice mate. Do like that combo myself

Sounds as tho' a change is imminent for you buddy ;)

Reactions: Pulp84
'That' colour ;) :laugh::laugh::laugh:

10460241_10152706442545792_1464655652179090623_n.jpg

Reactions: TTE Si
Has to be Sazuka for me! But that is a super nice colour on the RS4 (don't like the silver grill lip though....)

don't like the silver grill lip though....)
Thats part of the 'Matt aluminium styling package. Front lip spoiler and bottom edge of rear diffuser in matt aluminium' for £480! :eek:

Thats part of the 'Matt aluminium styling package. Front lip spoiler and bottom edge of rear diffuser in matt aluminium' for £480! :eek:

Audi UK must have been smoking drugs when they decided that price :drag:

Reactions: TahirS
Got the go ahead for the RS4 off SWMBO, if the figures are right

Spec. I've decided on, so far ...

Audi RS4 4.2 FSI Quattro 5dr S Tronic Petrol Estate
Metallic - Suzuka grey
Fine nappa leather - Black + front sports seats with Rock Grey piping
Sports package (20" 5 V spoke alloy wheels, Sports suspension plus with Dynamic Ride Control (DRC), Dynamic steering & Sports exhaust)
Black styling pack
Privacy glass
Piano black inlays
Hill hold control

Not driven my self but friends that have owned didn't really give good reviews and moved on. Good deals are due to new model this year I believe and are told will be turbocharged so great tuning potential !! Let's see...

Oh dear oh dear :p

No good can come of this :p

Reactions: elpaulio and Bristle Hound
Hang on guys - come down to earth. Does the RS4 come with mono pur. If not, end of .... :D

Reactions: elpaulio and Pulp84
Interesting to note that the APR for this model is 4.9%, whilst the S3 is 7.4% !

Cheaper credit :)

Why oh why oh why did I read this thread !

I'm paying very similar monthlys for my S3 now as I didn't but a deposit in.

So getting the man maths calculator out I could "possibly " get into an RS4 for the same money PCM plus a little cash down !

Wonder if / how much I'll have lost on the S3 since Septemeber......

I really like my S3 .....could I live with more trips to the BP garage.....more insurance.........for an RS4

Hhhmmmmmm V8.... Haha

I can see me watching RS videos all day tomorrow now

Reactions: Pulp84 and veeeight
I hope no-one is basing anything around low petrol prices in order to justify an RS4. Once the oil price doubles in a few months i'd hate to think of people not being able to run their cars.

Just concerned that people think this is a long term thing.

Si :)

That said, i've always loved the RS4 and if i had a bit of spare cash and they still did a saloon version i'd be all over it :)

Fair point. The current price of oil just helps the "man maths" ;)

That said, on Audi PCP, the RS4 is a very attractive 4.9% APR (S3 APR is 7.4%), and discounts of nearly £8k are achievable. Making monthlies in the region of the £500 band (depending on deposit, trade-in etc.) ;)

Personally went over this last part of 2014 as both was on my short list. I decided S3 saloon but canceled after many turbo and few engine issues im hearing. Now thinking new RS4 maybe if Turbo

Went into my local Audi stealers this morning for a paper brochure & as it happens they had a new sepang blue RS4 in the showroom & a misano red on demo.

After seeing both colours, I'm still on the suzuka grey. Pleased I dragged SWMBO into the showroom too as she hates the carbon inlays. So piano black it is.

The misano red one had the 20' V spokes on which I think will really suit the body colour I've chosen

Interesting to note that the APR for this model is 4.9%, whilst the S3 is 7.4% !

Cheaper credit :)
£4k Audi contribution if you use their PCP finance too ;)

Just done an insurance quote for a new RS4 & it came out at £280.94 for the year, full comp. with protected NCD for the wife & I to drive, garaged and only £150 excess. Oh and the insurere? Saga! lol All the other insurers were wanting a compulsory excess of between £600 & £800!

Hang on guys - come down to earth. Does the RS4 come with mono pur. If not, end of .... :D
@glospete - Real leather mono.pur comes as standard on the RS4's :p :laugh:

Why oh why oh why did I read this thread !

I'm paying very similar monthlys for my S3 now as I didn't but a deposit in.

So getting the man maths calculator out I could "possibly " get into an RS4 for the same money PCM plus a little cash down !

Wonder if / how much I'll have lost on the S3 since Septemeber......

I really like my S3 .....could I live with more trips to the BP garage.....more insurance.........for an RS4

Hhhmmmmmm V8.... Haha

I can see me watching RS videos all day tomorrow now
@RAPS3 - I'm in the same boat. Wish I hadn't found the thread either lol

More accurate Audi finance calculator here -
http://www.audi.co.uk/explore-model...OLUTIONS&deposit=2827.25&mileage=10&period=36

I suppose I'm in the fortunate position of not having collected my S3 yet and have the cash in the bank from the sale of my 'old' A4 :)

Reactions: RAPS3
BH, it sounds like you've made your mind up to ditch the S3? Have you driven the RS4 yet? I did read somewhere the next one will be a V6 rather than V8, so could be a good time to get one :D

Reactions: Bristle Hound and TTE Si
BH, it sounds like you've made your mind up to ditch the S3? Have you driven the RS4 yet? I did read somewhere the next one will be a V6 rather than V8, so could be a good time to get one :D
I'm almost there

Just waiting for drive the deal and orangewheels to get back in touch. Then off to my local Audi dealer for a test drive and 'quote comparison' ;)

Getting quoted May/June 2015 delivery for an factory order RS4 made now :(

The fact that the new B9 RS4 will be a V6 turbo to comply with EU6 emissions standards (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_emission_standards) is certainly a motivating factor for me for the current non-turbo V8 RS 4

Normally aspirated V8? Yes please! :jump:

Reactions: veeeight
The difference between the suzuka grey and ibis white on RS5's :)

Reactions: TahirS, Brennan, David83S3 and 1 other person