Think I'm in love with my Courtesy Car... Mods?

Tomas Sears

Reaction score
OK, I hate to say it, but I think I'm in love with my courtesy car...

I was unfortanly involved in an accident last week where some idiot went into the back of my 2012 Audi A3, so while its in the body-shop getting repaired, I have this beauty to drive around in.

S-Line 2015 Audi A3, I don't want to give it back :( Got so many gadgets and useful features, while still being quick enough for me and looking beautiful!

But there are a few things I would like to know so I can achieve some of the features from this car, to my car. There seems to be "tinted windows" which is called "privacy guard" I believe, is this something I can get Audi to fit? and the other is the spoiler which is on the back, just gives the car a different look all together, again, does anyone know where I could get one? (Sorry about the last two photos, I have only just taken them!)

Reactions: Wondering Soul
You can't fit 8P parts onto an 8V car. So you can't do a swap. Are the privacy guide like sun screens for the back 3 windows?

If the 8P S3 has a spoiler then it will fit your car as would any other bits from 8P S3 to 8P A3.

Great stuff, I contacted the Audi body workshop (where my cars being repaired) today to see if they could or knew where can do it, they have given me a compay name which I could try. I left it on my desk at work, but will post the name tomorrow.
I'll have a look at the 8P S3 range and see if there is anything!

Haha, well its 2.0ltr, not sure if its TDi, but can't hear anything when putting my foot down and it seems slower than my 2.0ltr TDi A3, so guessing it's not a TDi

Don't be going to the filling station anytime soon then if you're not sure if its petrol or diesel!! haha

Reactions: Gazjs
So it's an 8V for your next car ?

Reactions: Tomas Sears
Go on Audis website and configure one! Get a price there and go to your dealer and get a better deal.

Loads of people get a car then 2 months later what an upgrade to maybe a S3 or better :rapture:

Reactions: Tomas Sears
Forgot to post what happened on my first night having this car!

Was on the M1 on the way home, when it flashed up on the dashboard "Tyre pressure lost in rear offside trye" luckly I was about a mile away from Newport Pagnel Services, so I pulled over and checked the tyre, to which I found a ****** nail!

So I rang accident exchange and they sent someone out with a new tyre within the hour, which was great!

Only thing is I'm worried I will be at fault or have some fault in this? I recon the nail was in there a while (before i got the car) and it just reached the pressure where the on board computer flagged it up.

Has anyone had a puncture/breakdown in a courtesy car?

Unfortunately I think damage (or should I say "damage") is where hire companies make their money. That said, from your first post I assume you were involved in a non-fault accident so the bill for the tyre may go to the at fault party.