Think I have got the only 2 cyl avant?

sminkie

sminkie
Reaction score
Since I got my 1.8 t avant 03 off my dad it's always been on 2 cyl. Have bought 6 coilpacks and just had sparks done (good ones). 8 months of duff acceleration and wasting money is getting a bit tiresome. I love the car but am new to Audi ownership and not sure if I would ever go out and choose one? Any advice is welcome as to helping with my poorly car.

Is it really running on just two cylinders? I doubt the car would even be able to drag itself along if that was the case!

Why did you buy 6 coil packs?

Have you had a proper scan to try and diagnose the problem?

Last edited:
Cheers cabbyfan am booked in for sat am Audi said my new Bosch coil packs are rubbish was a bit insulted really, said they would fit new version of genuine ones. U know who makes the genuine stuff? Cyl 1 + 4 always had issues changed 2 last year and then all 4 this year. wait and see, thanks again.
P.s nice of Audi to let people know eh

Cheers cabbyfan am booked in for sat am Audi said my new Bosch coil packs are rubbish was a bit insulted really, said they would fit new version of genuine ones. U know who makes the genuine stuff? Cyl 1 + 4 always had issues changed 2 last year and then all 4 this year. wait and see, thanks again.
P.s nice of Audi to let people know eh

No worries, just dont let them talk you into anything else they happen to find while its in !