Things you did to your 8Y RS3 thread.

Yes I had to mod the internal of the wheel under the airbag to fit the new sensors that came on the rs3 wheel. See below

RS3 wheel

51E4FB55 B9C9 4C30 8076 AAF5FCD07377

RSQ3 wheel
36A9933E C988 485B 9943 B5C73C4DD4F9

Reactions: NevMan
@billymc92 Thanks for the photos but what am I looking at?

Is that square box the sensors? Did you move it to the new wheel?

Yes @8YARWY I do want more detail.

@billymc92 I assume there are NOT any sensors in the RSQ3 wheel? If so what did you move over and what does it do?
I moved to the RSQ3 wheel and just uncoded the capacitive wheel. I also uncoded emergency assist. I didn’t move the sensor over as I’m keeping the original wheel and lane assist works.

Reactions: Mike.46
I moved to the RSQ3 wheel and just uncoded the capacitive wheel. I also uncoded emergency assist. I didn’t move the sensor over as I’m keeping the original wheel and lane assist works.
Would you be able to explain in more detail what you did to turn off the capacitive wheel? And why you turned off emergency assist?

Emergency assist needs to hear from the capacitive steeeing wheel and I coding the capacitive whee to off turns off the warning light. Simple’s

you have ODB11 have a go. I paid £300 for a RSQ3 stewing wheel that had already be trimmed in alacantara and was new.

Reactions: Mike.46
Emergency assist needs to hear from the capacitive steeeing wheel and I coding the capacitive whee to off turns off the warning light. Simple’s

you have ODB11 have a go. I paid £300 for a RSQ3 stewing wheel that had already be trimmed in alacantara and was new.
How did you do that? Where was the coding?

Started some paintwork correction

Turbo blue has come up pretty good with a microfibre pad / Perfect Finish combo

efed6bc3057e3eb0c34e54bdf9829bcd.jpg

62f935b0c5d9e88787dbc567b1001321.jpg

dc6bcb7447da52e58346cc53084a4066.jpg

And a defect in the lacquer, looks like something trapped under it.
b308c5a83295ff0bab13840b9f227504.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Pinky1959, DW81, RSt3ve and 1 other person
After the Compounding and Gyeon Syncro application it’s now time for this……

119b3a729eb0d1761034eb571df86827.jpg

Reactions: gimk
I managed to not kill my family as a 911 undertook me and my family going off a slip road at 70mph. If I had not seen it coming it would have been bad. He must have been doing a tonne.

It’s still a family hatchback.

Reactions: Mastachaz and 8YARWY
I managed to not kill my family as a 911 undertook me and my family going off a slip road at 70mph. If I had not seen it coming it would have been bad. He must have been doing a tonne.

It’s still a family hatchback.

Another **** on the roads then…… never a copper around when you need one.

Reactions: kayemill
Probably was a Copper driving it. .. Financed by all the Kickbacks.......

Boring one, but kind of essential. First oil top up today, 0.5L burned in 3600 miles. I'm off to Italy in it in 3 weeks so starting to go over a few things ahead of the trip. Will be adding around 2800 miles to it in 11 days so probably would've tripped the light had I left it.
Topped up using Audi recommended Longlife 0-30.

Reactions: 8YARWY
Boring one, but kind of essential. First oil top up today, 0.5L burned in 3600 miles. I'm off to Italy in it in 3 weeks so starting to go over a few things ahead of the trip. Will be adding around 2800 miles to it in 11 days so probably would've tripped the light had I left it.
Topped up using Audi recommended Longlife 0-30.

My Daza engined car used oil regular….then at 10k it pretty much stopped.

I’ve not had any oil use on the new one.

Reactions: RSt3ve
My Daza engined car used oil regular….then at 10k it pretty much stopped.

I’ve not had any oil use on the new one.

It was midway, so assuming max to min is 1L, which makes sense.
The oil looked OK, I was going to change it prior to the trip but will get it done after now.
Coolant also needs a slight top up, maybe 1cm from max. It dropped almost all of this in the first month so probably a bit of air from build somewhere.

It was midway, so assuming max to min is 1L, which makes sense.
The oil looked OK, I was going to change it prior to the trip but will get it done after now.
Coolant also needs a slight top up, maybe 1cm from max. It dropped almost all of this in the first month so probably a bit of air from build somewhere.

The coolant does drop I had one warning on the PFL car so topped it up and no more after that, the FL Daza did require a few more top ups in my 4 years with it.

Later OPF 8V cars did suffer water pump leaks, I’ve only seen one report of coolant consumption / leak on the 8Y so far…….

The coolant does drop I had one warning on the PFL car so topped it up and no more after that, the FL Daza did require a few more top ups in my 4 years with it.

Later OPF 8V cars did suffer water pump leaks, I’ve only seen one report of coolant consumption / leak on the 8Y so far…….

Yeah I didn't want to say anything re the continued waterpump issue. Fingers crossed its an isolated case.

Yeah I didn't want to say anything re the continued waterpump issue. Fingers crossed its an isolated case.

I’d just take some of the G12Evo with you.
It’s ready mixed so less hassle.

Reactions: RSt3ve
Finally having the Pandora fitted on Saturday.

Was booked to have it months ago but the guy became too unwell and I never re booked it.

Reactions: RS03???
Finally having the Pandora fitted on Saturday.

Was booked to have it months ago but the guy became too unwell and I never re booked it.

When they installed mine in their workshop, they closed the shutters to the workshop to hide their activity.

When they installed mine in their workshop, they closed the shutters to the workshop to hide their activity.
Is that the one with the 5 immobiliser points? And if so, did they activate them all?

I’m having an approved installer do mine.

I know it’s totally different to ghost install.

Is that the one that includes the Ghost style button configuration to disarm?

Is that the one that includes the Ghost style button configuration to disarm?
No, its disarmed with a paired phone, audi keyfob, elite LCD fob and the bluetooth fob.
However, if the bluetooth fob is not with you in the car, it kicks off the anti-hijack feature.

No, its disarmed with a paired phone, audi keyfob, elite LCD fob and the bluetooth fob.
However, if the bluetooth fob is not with you in the car, it kicks off the anti-hijack feature.
That sounds ideal to stop potential scummers :busted cop:

Installed today
c3254ab7ed993b5c0fcbdd7c627155c2.jpg

ef193e21127103572454da8e3098cd80.png

The basic Pandora Storm is similar to ghost but with the anti-hijack

A couple of updates......

Anti-hijack tested and works a treat, around 3 mins of driving allowed then it starts to countdown like a bombs about to go off, then it kills the car.

Scanned it with VCDS after generating a no start scenario then having the tag with me and starting it up, no errors stored, Ghost always left a VC Immo error.

Reactions: Mike.46 and RS03???
A couple of updates......

Anti-hijack tested and works a treat, around 3 mins of driving allowed then it starts to countdown like a bombs about to go off, then it kills the car.

Scanned it with VCDS after generating a no start scenario then having the tag with me and starting it up, no errors stored, Ghost always left a VC Immo error.
The main "claimed" feature, I was sold on was, when in Maintenance mode, the device is undetectable during diagnostic scan.

The main "claimed" feature, I was sold on was, when in Maintenance mode, the device is undetectable during diagnostic scan.
Yes it can be put into service mode via the App / Tags

Which version did you go for Sean? Sounds a good alternative to Ghost.

Can it be removed and reinstalled when you change cars?

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Which version did you go for Sean? Sounds a good alternative to Ghost.

Can it be removed and reinstalled when you change cars?

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

The Storm.

It’s an expandable system so you can add other elements to it at a later date.

Yes it’s removable should you change cars.

Reactions: Terminator x
The Storm.

It’s an expandable system so you can add other elements to it at a later date.

Yes it’s removable should you change cars.

This is a bit of a stupid question, but I'll ask it anyways. I just had a hidden button in the fast Datsun for the anti hijack. So I'm way behind the times.

Where are you keeping your Bluetooth tag?
Obviously you can't keep it on your keys, but then where else do you keep it so it's with you but not at risk of being left behind or worse, lost.