Things to look out for?

did a text check on the number plate.

3 Owners no colour changes. Not stolen. not scrapped. no record of total loss claim.

so thats good. but can not find out if its really his car untill you get there. i say that as i already had the car pics on my pc

i have the same year car n its perfectly fine, the only difference is that he has had the single grill conversion. n it looks really good! what engine is in it?!

2 litre. but its gonig for £2250 due to wedding next montha nd needs cash. thats mighty cheap. he has a good ebay rating but the auction was removed. says ehwill put it back on

why was it removed ????

2 litre. but its gonig for £2250 due to wedding next montha nd needs cash. thats mighty cheap. he has a good ebay rating but the auction was removed. says ehwill put it back on

the original auction said it was for bidding by approved bidders only. and he has to approve from what i can tell so it was a closed auction.

every scam ive seen so far has alwasy asked you to send the money over before you get the car. i can view this one i think.

it is anyones car on here? swear i got the pics from here ages ago.

every scam ive seen so far has alwasy asked you to send the money over before you get the car. i can view this one i think.

it is anyones car on here? swear i got the pics from here ages ago.

doesn't mean theres not something iffy going on, it might be totally genuine but if it seems to good to be true....

make sure you check everything twice, inc matching the V5 to the address, to the chassis number etc.

might be worth ringing him and talkin to him over the phone about the car, get the true milage. mie has just over 50,000 and is worth 6k and nothin wrong with it! either there is a history behind it or some dodgy work has been done on it!!! if you check it over, get all the VIN/engine numbers and also ring up a garage near the owner and ask to book it in for a good check for any chassis damage or anything that could be the reason for the cost being very low.

i also think i have seen this car on here or on another forum! i was looking to fit those alloys on mine n saw that pic!!!!

i remembered the rear lights, check through my galllery of A3 pics and found the same car.

think i will wait to see what the enxt email says. he's being pretty pushy. luckily ive not comited anything yet

oh yer, another good thing to do is phone up Audi's service dept and run the numberplate with them, it *should* have some service history with them somewhere.... Did this when i bought mine and the local dealer didn't have the details, but they put me onto the one it was with befor

oh, and whatever he says don't turn up with a big wedge of cash until your certain its kosher :)

i have already said if i like it, i want it through ebay and paypal. and not cash. will pay n my credit card too. so triple protection

yeah good idea not to do cash, Popular scam at the mo, they lead you into buying the car with a good deal, cash only, you turn up to view, they know you have 2k cash on you somewhere so the mates with bats suddenly appear and say hello to a thrashing and a robbery of 2k cash! Easy!

no such thing as a bargain these days eh. always a scam. thing is, if its on ebay and paypal, that reduces the risk as i should get my cash back if it goes tits up.

but i am skeptical hence why i started this thread. we'll see.

I think your right to be both sceptical & wise to bring it up on the forum. Looking at the pics I'm guessing its the same car as mine but it must have has the front changed to single grill as a 53 plate was twin. Its too much car for that money, if you do go to look at it, meet in a police car park.....

he said on the original auction that he had the bonnet and bumper conversion and quad exhausts. police carpark is a very good idea actually

recieved soem emails today from. Seems he's put the transaction through.

this is his ebay profile but i noticed hes not sold any thing at all. also i ahev recieved ebay looking emails but when i go on ebay there is no mention of anything.

http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=ratty_rat&ftab=FeedbackAsBuyer

it also says this in the "ebay" email

'Payment must be submitted via MoneyGram Money Transfer to an eBay Agent in charge of this transaction. The eBay Agent will secure the payment until the Buyer receives, inspects and accepts the vehicle. Or, if it is the case, the Agent will refund the payment to the Buyer'

i'm pretty sure this is a scam tactic.

also says about a vehicle purchase protection program. this is also a scam im pretty sure.

I have written this email in reply to his emails.

'Hold on. i wanted to see the car long before agreeing to buy it or confirm any transaction. i did not want delivery but collection. I have received emails from 'ebay' but no messages through my ebay page itself. i also stated paypal only not moneygram and a proper ebay auction not an on the side transaction.

when searching for this auction or transaction on ebay nothing comes up at all. similarly vehicle purchase protection program does not exist.
If you can explain all of this to me very well, i may refrain from reporting you to the police and ebay.

Do you honestly think there's even 0.000001% chance it's not a scam?

No point in HPI checking, etc. It's a scam. Scam. Scam. Scam.

100% scam, he is Nigerian, the car exists but its just a pic off the net, Dont waste your time typing any more emails. :cool:

Oh do come on fella! Of course its a scam! Leave well alone.

There seems to be a few of these posts around of late.

Hmm! Seems genuine to me! might put a bid in myself...........what?.....what??......Sorry I'm trying to type in a straight jacket here!!!
regards
dave:eyebrows: