Things to do around porthcawl

damo.h

Reaction score
Hi guys, we're off to treco bay in porthcawl wales tomorrow morning for a week and wondered if anyone knows the area or has visited lately and could recommend things to do. We're into most alternative sports, like good food and something to entertain a 20 month old boy/ 11 Yr old girl. I don't know the area at all but have been told it's a good spot on the coast.

Any pointers appreciated

Cheers

The trecco bay holiday park has all the entertainment under one roof. There's the swimming pool, Jungle Jim play area for the ickle uns, amusement arcade, ten pin bowling (not v big, but ok), entertainment in the evening, so there is quite a bit going on.... don't think there is much outside apart from the pleasure beach - but that is a bit cack imho.

Cheers dude appreciated you local or have you been to the park??

Don't bother with Barry Island it is not worth it at all. Treco Bay has plenty to do - plenty of beach. All you need is sun

How long are you down for? How far do you want to travel for a day trip?

How long are you down for? How far do you want to travel for a day trip?

So Barry's out then lol....any distance within reason (100miles)
really dude.

Cheers dude appreciated you local or have you been to the park??
Sorry late reply been busy watching lots of kid films lol. I live about 30 mins away yeh been to the park earlier in the year, my boy he's 8 really enjoyed, I thought it was good too. I would go back again

There's also outdoor mini golf, basket ball, play area etc. The kids will enjoy :)

You could also go to Dan Yr Ogof Caves and see massive plastic dinosaurs. That's not near porthcawl but somewhere quite interesting for uked kids. My boy nearly pooped his pants when I took him 2 years ago I was secretly scared too but got to put on a brave face going into dark caves lol. Also, you could try the monkey sanctuary which is close by, I have threatened to take him there and leave him if he doesn't behave. But he's been pretty good and haven't had the chance lol. Well enjoy your rainy week, it's supposed to brighten up on Tues but that's all.

That looks ace cheers dude, sure me and the little one i'l love that. Not too sure boot the misses though. She'll get her hair wet lol

You could also go to Dan Yr Ogof Caves and see massive plastic dinosaurs. That's not near porthcawl but somewhere quite interesting for uked kids. My boy nearly pooped his pants when I took him 2 years ago I was secretly scared too but got to put on a brave face going into dark caves lol. Also, you could try the monkey sanctuary which is close by, I have threatened to take him there and leave him if he doesn't behave. But he's been pretty good and haven't had the chance lol. Well enjoy your rainy week, it's supposed to brighten up on Tues but that's all.

Cheers for the pointers dude, looks like it's going to be a wet one. ;)