Things to check on collection day

maui

Reaction score
Thought it might be helpful, and possibly to add a sticky for general and A4 B9 specific things to check for when collecting your car from the dealer. Looks like there can be inaccuracies with numerous items so based on what I have read here I thought I would start a list.

Please feel free to suggest any other areas / items I have not thought of! I'll edit this list as necessary.

• Bodywork
    • No dents / scratches
    • Panel alignments
  • Fluids / levels
    • Oil fluid level
    • Ad-Blue level (if TDI)
    • Tyre PSI (often +3psi)
    • Default Service Interval
  • MMI
    • License Expirations (Tech Pack = 3 years, Standard = 3 Months)
    • E-Sim activation
    • Audi Connect Activation page?
  • Familiarisation
    • MMI
    • Options
    • Fluid points / service intervals
  • Documents
    • Ensure V5 details correct
    • Ensure options are present and correct

Reactions: Thundercliffe81 and DarGri
Yes always make sure that the service indicator is set to the correct service plan as they come out of the factory set to the extended period, not the yearly if you only do short journeys and low mileage. You won't get a V5 immediately as that arrives through the post later.

Reactions: maui
Yes always make sure that the service indicator is set to the correct service plan as they come out of the factory set to the extended period, not the yearly if you only do short journeys and low mileage. You won't get a V5 immediately as that arrives through the post later.
Hi mate

My service indicator is set to 18,000 miles???

Cool cheers for that! I'm on the correct plan 19,000 miles or 2 year intervals. Mainly motorway miles with the standard weekly odd trip to Sainsburys

Reactions: cuke2u
Yeah I never checked that, I've got mine on a 7k a year hire.
Service has been set at 11k / 400 days for Oil & 19k / 750 days for Inspection.

My pickup 2 days ago was smooth, my friends today...not so much. The dealer couldn't find the sd card, or get audi connect to work. As it transpired, my friend accepted it would get sorted, drove off, got home and in parking in his drive, realised there wasn't front parking sensors fitted! So he's been told by the dealers that they can fit front parking sensors that will look exactly like the factory fit. Do you think they can do this. I thought that it might be a replacement bumper, but they reckon they are drilling them?

Yes that should be fine as thats all the difference is, then all they do is enable them in the vcds..

Another thing I wanted to add (but found I can no longer edit the post) - is if you have Driver Assist, to enable the functionality to set the default adaptive cruise control distance. Apparently disabled by default - with the default distance to 3 bars apart

From my experiences: 1) Never sign the Handover checklist until you have thoroughly checked the car over. 2) Check the PDI paperwork to make sure all of the options are fitted that you ordered. 3) Don't feel rushed on the collection, take the car into the car park if you want to and spend more time looking round.

Sent from my KFFOWI using Tapatalk

Reactions: Thundercliffe81 and maui
Hi all,

Been reading the forum for a while as a guest and thought it was time I signed up properly!

Should be finally collecting my new A4 next week (ordered in August) - does anyone know if the car comes with an Apple iPhone cable as standard to connect it to the MMI (CarPlay) as part of the Technology Pack?

Thanks

Had the cable thrown in as a freebie when I collected my car

Usually not, but you can use any iPhone cable or as @A4B9 said you might be lucky to have one thrown in!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks both - hopefully they might throw me one in for free but not holding my breath!

Actually I got a free iPhone cable! Said if I had Android he could swap it too! pleasantly surprised for a fleet vehicle!

I got asked what phone I had at pick up and got the cable chucked in.

Anything over a 10k mile service interval is crazy. Not a fan of these 'longlife' plans.

Crazy that service schedules cause such debate. A previous Citroen I had was a 20k service interval and the only non-routine part I ever replaced in 160,000 miles was an injector. 90% of my journey is motorway so happy to do extended service schedule.

Picked my A4 up yesterday - what an awesome car. Handover went smoothly apart from two issues:

1) Audi Connect licences expire in 1 year, instead of the 3 years you are supposed to get with the Tech Pack
2) Dealership didn't really understand my request to put the car on fixed/annual service schedule. They implied it's best to leave it on what Audi 'recommend'

Will be raising both issues shortly! Didn't detract from the handover really tho, both things are easily sorted :)

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Mine initially showed like that too but then updates to 3 years after a couple days.

Reactions: mjcourtney
Mine initially showed like that too but then updates to 3 years after a couple days.

Aha, perhaps I'll leave it til end of next week then.

Reactions: maui
The service interval is not set by Audi as the 'recommended' it's the default that comes out from the factory. Mine wasn't set to fixed and the salesperson took the car into the workshop and had it set to fixed when I collected the car..

When I ordered my car I said I wanted it on the `fixed` regime.
After having it for a few days and getting into the menus I found that it was on the `extended`. I had to take it back to the dealer.
Not what I would have expected on my first `premium` Audi.

My experience was the same, asked the salesperson to set it to fixed over a week before I collected the car and it was still set to extended upon collection. As I stated, extended is the default setting and the same happened with my A3...

My salesman set it to fixed before we drove off. I found it later in the MMI settings, so it shouldn't need to go back to the dealer to be reset if it's incorrect.

So you can change it yourself in the MMI?

Also, Maui was correct, my Connect licences updated today to 2019 :)

So you can change it yourself in the MMI?

Also, Maui was correct, my Connect licences updated today to 2019 :)

I certainly found the settings myself. If it wasn't cold and dark outside right now, I'd go and note down how to get to it.

Just had a play around in the MMI - can't see anything to change the service intervals. Only option I can see is to reset the oil change reminder.

I'm not sure if they have to perform this through the diagnostic socket. There are some videos on YouTube showing how it's done on the 2013 A4 but judging from mjcourtney's observation it doesn't seem the same...

I reset the time on mine this morning and it was in that part of the MMI, the bit called "car". I'll post the sequence tomorrow.

The time on my car was correct on friday then again today, so I guess it must have changed itself somehow...

I reset the time on mine this morning and it was in that part of the MMI, the bit called "car". I'll post the sequence tomorrow.
The sequence is Car/Vehicle settings/Date and time. When you press Car it goes first to Drive Select. From there you press the left hand menu to get to Vehicle settings.