Thermostat?

AudiVW

Reaction score
Hi New Member here,

I am going to fit a set of electric/heated recaro seats. Do the recaro seats have a built in thermostat? Basicly how will I wire then up? I have no loom for heating. Is it just a case of sending 12V to it and hey presto? Also can anyone give me some advice to want I should/shouldnt be doing? The arent going into a S3 just to let you know so total different set up, they are going into a show car. What do I need to do to wire them up? Also has anyone got any pictures of how they fit onto the audi floor pan?

The seats will bolt straight in, if it is an A3 your putting them in other than that you may need to make up some adaptor to match them up. Its the wiring that will be a bit trickier I guess. If you want more info on how they fit, go to my hompage and download the interior PDF at http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/macnee/

Yeah I alredy downloaded that from your page mate. See these seats are for a project car that Im fitting them into. They arent anything like the S3 runners. I can get new runners that fit the floor pan but I dont know how to fit them to the actual seat. Also the guy goin to do all the electical stuff wants to know if there is a thermostat for the heating? He thinks if he runs 12v to the seat it "will" heat up but how does it know when to stop heating ie control the power? If the seat doesnt have a thermostat then does the S3 have one built into it somewhere? Do you understand what I mean? Cos I dont /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

If you connect the heats straight to 12v they will work and heat up to their highest setting. They shouldn't burn out, but its nice to have a bit of say on how hot they get.
I tend to use mine on about half their full heat.

You need to wire them through variable resistors. You could grab some out of another A3 or grab some from maplin etc. Just depends on how neat you want the controls to look.

I can buy a variable heat switch for my car that will fit in the dash fine. It has five settings, How would I set this up? Wire the 12v to the switch, then the 12v can be controlled to the seat???
Will I need the reststors? Does anyone know of anyone that has fitted the to a project car before? I have seen them I loads of cars ie vw caddys, golfs etc surly there must be some one ?

If I connected the seat up to a car battery and messed about with it for a while I should be able to find out what everything does etc... I wouldnt think this would do it any harm would you? The only thing I'm worried about is the heating element! I just dont want to connect it and it heats up but goes on fire! Hmm the guy going to fit them doesnt want to do it incase of this! Any advice i can give him?