Thermostat Replacement

danrst171

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've got my replacement thermostat finally arriving tomorrow. I have a few jobs to do at the front end that need the bumper off and wondered if I remove the bumper, crash bar and radiators, can I get to the thermostat via the front?

I've seen the usual way is to go in via the top but if I'm already taking the front end apart, thought I'd see if I should be able to get to it from the front.

Cheers
Dan

Hi all,

I've got my replacement thermostat finally arriving tomorrow. I have a few jobs to do at the front end that need the bumper off and wondered if I remove the bumper, crash bar and radiators, can I get to the thermostat via the front?

I've seen the usual way is to go in via the top but if I'm already taking the front end apart, thought I'd see if I should be able to get to it from the front.

Cheers
Dan
Hey Dan

Where did you buy your thermostat from? Did you get an original Audi or a third party part?

Hey Dan

Where did you buy your thermostat from? Did you get an original Audi or a third party part?
I went with a Bar-Tek racing thermostat. Haven't had chance to fit it yet due to the lovely British weather but hopefully if it warms up abit later this month I can get cracking!

I went with a Bar-Tek racing thermostat. Haven't had chance to fit it yet due to the lovely British weather but hopefully if it warms up abit later this month I can get cracking!
Oh nice one, thanks, ill check it out!

Won’t you loose your a/c gas if you took the front off?

id go with removing the alternator to gain access and go from there?

Won’t you loose your a/c gas if you took the front off?

id go with removing the alternator to gain access and go from there?
The aircon is going, one of the reasons for going at it from the front.