Thermostat nightmare!

hilly

Reaction score
This afternoon i thought i would fit my new thermostat,got the bolts out without too much pain!then i went to put the new one in but there was no O ring with the new part come to think of it i couldnt see a old O ring so i went to audi for it.So im back on the job but could not get the new thermostat to sit right after half hour of messing about i got a torch plus its getting dark.the old O ring was behind the thermostat so pulled that out and put the thermostat in then the O ring on top!got that nipped back up!pitch black by this point so i thought i would just put the connector i took off side of the alternator but cannot find anywhere had a good look with the torch still cant see it anybody knows where it runs from:uhm:may be i will just find it when its light also tried tracing back to the battery but still no joy!

it must be there somewhere! on mine it runs through a long horizontal clip and plugs into the thingy below the alternator also.

went out to have another look found it right away!just need to connect pipe top up with anti freeze job done!but thats tomorrow now,oh and put covers back on and re connect battery!almost forgot i broke the dipstick getting it off so that needs picking up from audi in the morning!dont fancy doing one of these again!

lol, I was just about to say it runs from the right hand side of the car across the front of the block to the alternator...

Glad you found it. :thumbsup:

lol, I was just about to say it runs from the right hand side of the car across the front of the block to the alternator...

Glad you found it. :thumbsup:
cheers mate i new it was somewhere lol! think i just got fed up with the job and my brain wasnt working to its potential lol!