Thermostat and spark plugs....

Dani_B19

Audi-sports own special child.
Reaction score
Always go for genuine OEM quality parts if you can afford to! Bosch plugs are fine, but I prefer NGK.

genuine thermostat cost me 15.74 with discount,its a **** to change being behind the alternator,also budget for a fan belt while you are in there.

Also not a fan of multi electrode plugs,best get some good denso ik22,they work well with a 0.7mm gap

Last edited:
I just run nice standard NGK BKR6EK plugs. Couple of quid each and made from copper, rather than extra super expensive special platinum-irridium-kryptonite tipped turboboosted plugs with added spark enhancer.

my car has run **** for the last 2 week changed plugs last week no dif then iv changed stat today and the car feels ten times better in every way thought i had a leak but ill kno now its the stat if it happens again thought it was boost pipe proven wrong or well

I have used a non oe stat from gsf and its been fine so i would think that the euro ones will be the same i have also used bosch super 4s and they were fine as well but i have also used ngk pfr6q and they are good personal preference with plugs imo. Although as aragorn says copper core plugs are better but im yet to try this myself as of yet but he is speaking from experience.

Last edited:
So general idea is use oem from dealers for the stat.

So plugs will be fine then!

Yeah if i had to change my stat again i would get one from the dealers just to be safe. Yeah the bosch super 4s will be fine i cant believe the price the ngk pfr6qs that i used last were more than double that price :( you cant go wrong there.

If you can get RS2 bosch Plugs, they wont miss a beat. cost is a tenner for each one from euro car parts. I would stay away from ECP thermostat, they are very low quality of standard. Audi want 21GBP for thermostat and o-ring, I got one from Mid-night motors/Lloyds in Wembely for 6.50 with everything and works fine. GSF one are not too bad either.

As for Denso plugs its not rated too well. the last thing you want is cyramics on top of the pistons.