There's still good people.........

Alistair D

Hug your kids at home, but belt them in the car.
Solutions
Reaction score
Having returned home on Saturday I forgot to put my passenger side window up, which was fully down due to the sunny weather.
I park my car in a public car park which kids use to play in and is on a route that people would use to go home after visiting the high street with all the pubs etc.
I returned to my car on Sunday morning to find that everything was how I had left it, paperwork on the front seat, dash cam intact:yahoo:.
2 neighbours whose homes overlook the car park approached me, one had been knocking on my door to let me know (I must have been out) and the other had in her words "couldn't stay up all night" and had asked the police if they could let me know.
So a BIG thanks to them:salute: and needless to say I'll be double checking everything before I leave my car again.

Reactions: DaveW, audiwaterpump, Gazwould and 1 other person
Great. Brings back good faith in humanity.

Had similar situation years back when my 10 plate car was younger.
Left the drivers door wide open in the block of flats underground parking lot. Locked the car when leaving but I was doing so from the passenger side and forgot to check drivers door.
Indicators flashed and heard locking doors from the passenger side so thought all good.
Next day, was passing by a neighbour of mine who shut them for me. He waved at me on the road and he said that they were open. I couldn't believe as when approached car all was ok, nothing missing.
Now have alarm chirp enabled that will not chirp if any doors are not shut.

Yes, there are still good people out there

Sent from H P20 PRO

Reactions: Alistair D
Good to hear this sort of news.
Is it indicative of the area you live in?

Have done this twice myself.
1) Some house (didn't know the owner), someone had shut their front door and left the key in the lock on the outside. So I knocked the door and let them know. They seemed annoyed at being disturbed.
2) Someone on our road had left a bunch of keys in the car door lock (its an old car). So knocked the door to let them know.

Is it indicative of the area you live in?
I think it's a general thing in which people are looking out for each other, it's not a very affluent area but peoples property is valued and respected. Community spirit, bearing in mind the two neighbours were strangers to me.

Reactions: audiwaterpump
Just going off at a tangent.
Wonder how the hawk-dove theory would explain the different behaviour of different people in different situations.

"The name "hawkdove" refers to a situation in which there is a competition for a shared resource and the contestants can choose either conciliation or conflict; this terminology is most commonly used in biology and evolutionary game theory."

Toilet rolls in shops being a recent example.

I let neighbours know if they've left their headlights on etc. Karma ;)

My mum and dad left their front door unlocked and wide open by mistake. Came back a few hours later and hadn't been robbed!

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Indeed, good people are everywhere, all we have to do is to find them in a different way because good people will not be in a crowd of bad ones.