Themes - Biggest Waste of Time

Reaction score
Anyone else seen the new themes menu and shop options?

Am I missing why this isn't the biggest waste of time ever.

Its basically a wallpaper and light scheme for a tenner lol.

Maybe it's just another bug lol

Reactions: DangerMouseUK and 8YARWY
Anyone else seen the new themes menu and shop options?

Am I missing why this isn't the biggest waste of time ever.

Its basically a wallpaper and light scheme for a tenner lol.
Is this in the function on demand shop on the app? And which country did you choose? I’ve tried UK, Ireland and Germany and can’t see it

Is this in the function on demand shop on the app? And which country did you choose? I’ve tried UK, Ireland and Germany and can’t see it
Interesting it does not show up on my Launch Edition but does show as an option on myaudi on my new Vorsprung… which makes no sense because it is JUST a wallpaper behind the apps like on the RS3 performance with its stupid carbon wallpaper.

Interesting it does not show up on my Launch Edition but does show as an option on myaudi on my new Vorsprung… which makes no sense because it is JUST a wallpaper behind the apps like on the RS3 performance with its stupid carbon wallpaper.
I’ve a carbon black and it’s not showing in my Audi app when I click functions on demand shop

Yeah strange I have a Vorsprung and it's definitely showing both in the app, on the website and I've got a new tile on my MMI next to news & weather called Themes !!!

You're not missing much, a wallpaper and some custom ambient lighting for £15 !!!!! Couldn't make it up.

Yeah strange I have a Vorsprung and it's definitely showing both in the app, on the website and I've got a new tile on my MMI next to news & weather called Themes !!!

You're not missing much, a wallpaper and some custom ambient lighting for £15 !!!!! Couldn't make it up.
My Phone app shows just shows Audi-Connect remote & control at £4 on my Vorsprung edition. Nothing else on the Functions on Demand. No Themes.
Same on the Web.

My Phone app shows just shows Audi-Connect remote & control at £4 on my Vorsprung edition. Nothing else on the Functions on Demand. No Themes.
Same on the Web.
Same here however I already have Audi-Connect so is Audi-Connect remote & control another option?

Same here however I already have Audi-Connect so is Audi-Connect remote & control another option?
Confusing, mine has most of the capabilities of Audi-Connect and remote already available on my Jan-2021 built Vorsprung, ie, remote lock/unlock, car location by default, never used it.
Pinged Audi digital services last night and response was my vehicle is not compatible. My thinking: its possibly the gizmo unit I have must be an earlier version which does not support some of the new function on demand features.

Oh so only cars after a certain date have the Themes functionality?

Then again they told me my car didn't have functions because it wasn't listed then the technical team manually refreshed the car and all the features appeared on their system so I'd take what the people who answer the phone say with a pinch of salt lol

Then again they told me my car didn't have functions because it wasn't listed then the technical team manually refreshed the car and all the features appeared on their system so I'd take what the people who answer the phone say with a pinch of salt lol
Interesting, so was this done at the local Dealers or remotely by which technical team, I can annoy.

Interesting, so was this done at the local Dealers or remotely by which technical team, I can annoy.

Not in dealer was the Audi Connect back office technical team that they end up sending everything to!

Might be a car build date thing but I’d ask them to ask the technical team for clarification to be sure !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not in dealer was the Audi Connect back office technical team that they end up sending everything to!

Might be a car build date thing but I’d ask them to ask the technical team for clarification to be sure !!

Thanks, rang Back Office Tech, they checked and suggested software update may be needed. Assuming its the MMI module, mine is on SW 3620, from one of your earlier posts yours is higher, but same H/W version as mine. Booked with Audi, earliest May to check if anything can be done as my functions on demand has been empty and recently popped up with remote control only. Its an itch, I cannot give in yet and ignore.

Reactions: DangerMouseUK
Lol yeah I’m on 3801 but I wouldn’t be so quick to upgrade as I think your version is more stable!!

Not gonna lie, I didn't even realise themes were a thing until this tread was started. And unfortunately I found the Deadpool one and had to pay for it... I feel dirty for spending money on something so ridiculous, but when I saw it I just couldn't help myself. Lol.

• Haha
Reactions: Barmybobuk and DangerMouseUK
Available for mine which is 22MY
7325786baea3c7f7df74bcafd46f735e.png

Reactions: DangerMouseUK and Daggerit
Not gonna lie, I didn't even realise themes were a thing until this tread was started. And unfortunately I found the Deadpool one and had to pay for it... I feel dirty for spending money on something so ridiculous, but when I saw it I just couldn't help myself. Lol.
Pics ;)

TX.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Reactions: Daggerit
Pics ;)

TX.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

e6507b11d4a9dde1b0c420f1feaccf98.jpg

Activating a theme also gives you an extra ‘page’ where you can display just the background with no icons, as above.

Reactions: Barmybobuk, DangerMouseUK, Terminator x and 1 other person
e6507b11d4a9dde1b0c420f1feaccf98.jpg

Activating a theme also gives you an extra ‘page’ where you can display just the background with no icons, as above.

Oh dear……..

Reactions: DangerMouseUK, kayemill and Daggerit
What an absolute waste of money!!!! Totally ridiculous :playful:

Attachments

• D7B9F49C-72E9-4981-8C04-5286575EFD3E.jpeg
    D7B9F49C-72E9-4981-8C04-5286575EFD3E.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 157
  • Haha
Reactions: Barmybobuk, DangerMouseUK, kayemill and 3 others
The theme option isn't on my app either, although looking at the pics above I'm not that upset about it! Lol

Isn't there any decent Rs logos or a smart image of the rs3?

I have to say I don’t mind the Marvel ones lol

Reactions: Barmybobuk and Daggerit
I was hoping the the themes wallpaper to be boring not in your face, carbon fibre layer.

Reactions: 8YARWY
I was hoping the the themes wallpaper to be boring not in your face, carbon fibre layer.

You’d expect that wouldn’t you.

Must be tailored to Instagram / TikTok generation

Reactions: RS03???
You’d expect that wouldn’t you.

Must be tailored to Instagram / TikTok generation

Cant be ar$ed on social media, email & sms is my patience limit.

Collected a new carbon black today and it has the THEMES menu both in the car and on the app.
I had spotted in the specification list that traffic sign recognition was now listed as standard equipment on the Carbon Black, and it is indeed now included.

Reactions: kayemill