The 'Who's Collecting Their New A3/S3 On 1st March 2015' Thread

I think my car will be ready to be picked up from Audi Glasgow in the 3rd week in March? My mind set is of,the longer it takes to come the less grit it's going to be covered in, as they still grit the roads up my way till the end of March.

Sepang SB-S-Tronic Chrome Roof Rails,Lunar Silver Leather and the most exciting features i am looking forward too is the Panroof and Led headlamps,seen all the rest of the options in my sons Demo cars

Reactions: elpaulio and Rob2k68
I have to wait till April sadly, might get the tail end of March, either way it's going to draaaaag.... Picking mine up from Cheltenham Audi

So... whats the average time from order to delivery to the dealership?,l counted my weeks and its 9 weeks +2 days,also l wont be getting the dealership to clean my car,l will do it myself...going to add the Silver Quattro side decals to my car aswell and maybe a different front grille,l do like the RS style of grille?

Car is on its way to Grimsby right now. Not discussed any dates with the dealer yet but I'm thinking March 7th to let the dust settle a bit - don't want them rushing the prep either !

Reactions: Jassyo06
Grimsby is that the shipping Doc that the cars arrive at?so really your talking another 7-10 days after for it arrive at the dealers...Go on Rob tell them "NOT TO" swirl infest the car,just a wash & go and pick up on the Marcho the Firsto.....ye know ye want toooo lol,bet yer getting a wee bit excited now...LOL

Ps, when did your order go through?

Reactions: Rob2k68
Grimsby is that the shipping Doc that the cars arrive at?so really your talking another 7-10 days after for it arrive at the dealers...Go on Rob tell them "NOT TO" swirl infest the car,just a wash & go and pick up on the Marcho the Firsto.....ye know ye want toooo lol,bet yer getting a wee bit excited now...LOL

Ps, when did your order go through?

Hi Jassy, I'm liking the wash 'n' go idea :icon thumright: The salesman is a bit of a car nut and does detailing on his own motor so I'm sure that would be possible then I'll spend a day on it when I get it or book it into AutoDetox.

Grimsby is definitely the port for any cars destined for Northampton Audi like mine and I'd guess many any that are Central or to the East. My car was BW6 and went code 20 on BW4 so no more changes as I was toying with the 10 spoke titanium alloys and the alcantara interior up until then. It seems to have been built a week early and was on the boat on Monday so in theory a March 1st pick up could well be possible but I'd rather not rush them TBH and they may not have any handover slots left especially with March 1st falling on a Sunday and all that. Yes I am mate, very much so now that the car is a reality. Need to sort out the p/x on my Seat with them in the next couple of weeks then sign all of the paperwork.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jassyo06
Hi Jassy, I'm liking the wash 'n' go idea :icon thumright: The salesman is a bit of a car nut and does detailing on his own motor so I'm sure that would be possible then I'll spend a day on it when I get it or book it into AutoDetox.

Grimsby is definitely the port for any cars destined for Northampton Audi like mine and I'd guess many any that are Central or to the West. My car was BW6 and went code 20 on BW4 so no more changes as I was toying with the 10 spoke titanium alloys and the alcantara interior up until then. It seems to have been built a week early and was on the boat on Monday so in theory a March 1st pick up could well be possible but I'd rather not rush them TBH and they may not have any handover slots left especially with March 1st falling on a Sunday and all that. Yes I am mate, very much so now that the car is a reality. Need to sort out the p/x on my Seat with them in the next couple of weeks then sign all of the paperwork.

It's 4 weeks i think since i was in the showroom ordering the car,then changing the thing back and forth,and now its reversed deep into the back of my mind...only when i come on to the forum it kinda comes to the forefront of jassy's mind...lol,l even forget what sepang blue looks like, my son picks up a A5 Quattro S-Tronic Black Edition Plus in Sepang Blue so l am looking forward to seeing that.
But even more looking forward too seeing your car mate....your spec is amazing...love the colour toooooooooo

hey guys, im in the states. I was curious how do I get the dates like you all have?

Hi 949 and welcome :thumbs up:, Not sure how in works in the States but in the UK we either badger the dealer or phone Audi Customer Services. Other countries are able to track their car on-line so I understand. What have you got on order ?

I have to wait till April sadly, might get the tail end of March, either way it's going to draaaaag.... Picking mine up from Cheltenham Audi

I'm not car cleaning freak but mine had some warranty work done there last week, great service but some of the cars in the showroom were in awful condition, swirl and watermarks everywhere. Worse was a black s6, I dont what I'd do if they pulled the sheet off it and I saw it. I personally err on the side I'd caution and give it a good clean and protection yourself or get it done professionally

I'm not car cleaning freak but mine had some warranty work done there last week, great service but some of the cars in the showroom were in awful condition, swirl and watermarks everywhere. Worse was a black s6, I dont what I'd do if they pulled the sheet off it and I saw it. I personally err on the side I'd caution and give it a good clean and protection yourself or get it done professionally
A good friend works there and he knows I am very picky so it will be looked after. But as soon as I get it I will get it detailed and actually thinking about getting it clear wrapped on the front section.

So i'm not collection on March 1st... I'm collecting March 2nd at 10am! Just 3 and a bit weeks to go, and one of those weeks i'm not in the country so hopefully the time will fly!

Hi 949 and welcome :thumbs up:, Noit says sure how in works in the States but in the UK we either badger the dealer or phone Audi Customer Services. Other countries are able to track their car on-line so I understand. What have you got on order ?
hi. thanks. I got some sort of email from the salesman this week. all it says is that the car is now in production. no date nothing else.
i had ordered an S3 sedan.

hi. thanks. I got some sort of email from the salesman this week. all it says is that the car is now in production. no date nothing else.
i had ordered an S3 sedan.
The day I ordered my sedan back
in July, I got a letter the next day
in the mail stating my build week.

I think it depends on the dealer and the whim of how Audi allocates cars to dealers. I ordered mine mid-October and didn't hear from the dealer or get a confirmed build week until early December. Then apparently I got bumped because they missed the planned delivery date by 6 weeks. They are currently missing that delivery date by another week, although in fairness that was because half the country was shut down by a snowstorm. I hope to get my car next week but not holding my breath.

I just got a new email again yesterday. it says my car is about to leave germany soon, to come to America.

Reactions: David83S3 and Rob2k68
Bw6 Cov audi a week to go might be 1st March or 2/3 days after? Sold my car I need my s3 asap.

I sold my car yesterday as well. For the first since I can remember I don't have a car at the moment! So for the next 7 days I have the choice of 5 or 6 Aygos and Yaris which are the pool cars from work, they will do to get me about.

roll on next Sunday morning!!!!

Reactions: David83S3 and Rob2k68
Just wondering where everyone is picking up from? Anyone else Sarf East (beckenham)

I only live up the road from Beckenham Audi, but in the end to went to Coulsdon because of an introduction from a friend at work.

Same group though, in SG Smith.

I am sorting my GAP this morning.

So, those who are picking up some time next week, who did you go with?

I'm leaning towards ALA

Think I'll be going ALA, need to give them a call this week.

I have just bought my GAP from ALA online.

For those thinking of doing that this week, when you get your schedule double check the policy start date. They seem to have a bug that sets the start date to the purchase date, even though I specifically entered 1st March.

A quick call to ALA sorted this out and they immediately sent me a revised document with a start date of 1st March.

I have just bought my GAP from ALA online.

For those thinking of doing that this week, when you get your schedule double check the policy start date. They seem to have a bug that sets the start date to the purchase date, even though I specifically entered 1st March.

A quick call to ALA sorted this out and they immediately sent me a revised document with a start date of 1st March.

Did you get them to price match any other GAP insurers? How did you get them to do it if so?
I know directgap is cheaper than ALA, but can't seem to work out online how to get them to price match

I need to buy mine before I pick up the car on sunday too!! :D

I emailed them with the price I got from gapinsurance123, they phone me back the same day and price match -20% of the difference.

All sorted in less than 10 minutes.

Reactions: Liquidfusion-S3
I just googled a promo code for 10% and went with that

I have found them very helpful on the phone though

Am I missing something.....? I thought your insurance covers total loss in the first year? I intended to get my GAP cover for year 2-3 ......

Not all insures do this, worth checking it out. I know that Esure and Audi Insurance do. I'm with Esure and have deffered my gap to cover years 2, 3 & 4.

Not all insures do this, worth checking it out. I know that Esure and Audi Insurance do. I'm with Esure and have deffered my gap to cover years 2, 3 & 4.

Perfect ...I will be going with Esure for my insurance. So You have purchased your GAP in advance? Can you not just purchase it later this year...?...or does it have to be purchased now?

Reactions: Psyman79