The Turbo Engineers Hybrid Turbo Group Buy for All Audi Models

Doogie...

Reaction score
Hi guys, thought this might be of interest to some of you that are maybe thinking of doing a hybrid turbo conversion on your car.

The group buy has been set up mainly for the TTE-420 unit for the K04 in audi S3 8P's but simon from TTE has let me know that anyone who has a different model of Audi can also benefit from the group buy aswell.

Whether you are K03 or K04, TTE do hybrid turbo's for all of them and so this way everyone can benefit from a discount on their turbo's

There is a group buy set up in the group buy section with links to TTE's website. Its a simple case of choosing what turbo is suited to your car and adding yourself on to the list.

Group buy is going to run for a few months to allow everyone to gather funds for it. And as always with group buys, the more names down and the more confirms we get, the bigger the overall discount will be.

Have a search through and ask questions as you see fit, Simon fro TTE is on the forum and available to answer any questions you may have in regards to what you want.

Thanks

Dougie

The main thread is for the TTE-420 which is specific for the 8P but anyone else interested in Turbo's for ANY other Audi model can also take advantage of the discount. If you are interested, add your name to the list with what turbo is specific for your car, once all names and confirms are in, a final discount figure will be applied to all models regardless of individual price.

Say, 3 people went in for the hybrid for the 8P and 4 people went in for a hybrid on an 8L, a discount of around 15-20% off would be applied to both, regardless of individual costs.

Make sense?

I may in interest for hybrid ko4 but I wouldn't know what price range would be along with other mods I will need to do to support it

That would be something you would have to research for yourself. They are plug and play fitment turbo's so no modification is needed in that respect, may be worth considering supporting mods and what may be essential for the fitting of a hybrid.

As for prices, Simon from TTE can help you out with that. I can pass on contact details if need be.

If you could private message me his details that would be great :) I'm relatively new to audi s3 so will be spending the next few days researching into it all to really understand them a bit more

That would be something you would have to research for yourself. They are plug and play fitment turbo's so no modification is needed in that respect, may be worth considering supporting mods and what may be essential for the fitting of a hybrid.

As for prices, Simon from TTE can help you out with that. I can pass on contact details if need be.

Hybrids require larger injectors and custom mapping as a minimum but to make them worthwhile you would need a FMIC, 80mm TIP/induction kit and a 3" downpipe... rods and watermeth are also advised on 1.8t's...

Never heard of this outfit before but Beach Buggy Turbos pretty much has the 8L market covered these days with excellent results from their hybrids...

Have just looked at the specs of these (and the prices!!)... 300ps is not a lot for a K04 hybrid these days especially at the price of these units...

<tuffty/>

Reactions: S3Alex
No worries guys, i'm not too clued up on the 8L but thought some of you may have took an interest.

It's not that we're anti social or anything, please do come again.

But with the 8L being out a lot longer, and having gone through all stages of tuning we have been very bitten by **** hybrids built by companies that don't have a clue. (Cough cough no prizes for guesses...) and know that it's not just fit the turbo and forget for any hybrid unit.

By design a hybrid will always be a bit rubbish; because a standard unit which has been machined and designed to cope with 210bhp (for example) is being requested to deliver usually another 40-50% of power, flow and inevitably heat within the mix too. With that in mind, if it's ever going to work it's got to be done really really well.

So everybody on here will be incredibly sceptical about buying from a "new" supplier that the forum big boys have never even heard of. Unless they are so cheap that they could be bought, and rebuilt by somebody like Bill or Beachbuggy.

Being fair,I know Simon from TTE and have found him to be a very honest,upfront guy,and perhaps most telling,he's happy to give advice even when he knows it won't lead to a sale.

Now these products are perhaps better aimed at(and indeed came from) the 8P section.

Obviously,over here,you guys as you say,have a wealth of experience with suppliers better known to yourselves,and I wouldn't for one minute try to teach you to suck eggs,but whilst relatively new to some of us,TTE would be worth a look if this sort of turbo interests you.

16klappe's comments about fit and forget are spot on,as few billed as such ever are(and I can vouch for that with my own turbo kit!).

As to gains on an 8L,I think it would be best to get data direct from Simon.

Yeah man!

The builder posting in this thread and building confidence would be a HUGE benefit.

Always love it when reputable new suppliers get in the loop :)

Yeah man!

The builder posting in this thread and building confidence would be a HUGE benefit.

Always love it when reputable new suppliers get in the loop :)

I don't think Simon's aware of this thread....I'll drop him a link.

He's helped me a lot in the past with clutch info,and I know he's doing a good job with the TTE420 for the 8P guys who don't want the endless joys of full turbo kits!

Update....done.

Also found the page that might be most useful....

http://www.theturboengineers.com/home/?page_id=3802

Last edited:
one for Dan the man BBT 2871? wossat Dan?>>
  • Genuine BorgWarner 2871 latest compressor geometry
  • Genuine BorgWarner K16 turbine/shaft, Clipped (Exducer 49mm Inducer 55mm)

2871 is a 71x50mm compressor.

Not sure what turbo its on .. good for the 8p turbo but too large for the 8l/8n k04 for sure...

2871 is a 71x50mm compressor.

Not sure what turbo its on .. good for the 8p turbo but too large for the 8l/8n k04 for sure...
It's on a tfsi turbo Dan... They seem to do adaptor plates for 1.8t's so they can be used...

<tuffty/>

A) won't fit inside a stock 1.8t comp housing as it's only just under 47.5mm with the groove.. With a billet adaptor it'll fit, ie remove old inlet and fit new one bolted on , like jbs did.

B) it's too big in terms of size and flow... 2283 sized wheel is more than adequate as proved in the lupo..

I am talking 1.8t not tfsi... But I'm sure you knew that

A) won't fit inside a stock 1.8t comp housing as it's only just under 47.5mm with the groove.. With a billet adaptor it'll fit, ie remove old inlet and fit new one bolted on , like jbs did.

B) it's too big in terms of size and flow... 2283 sized wheel is more than adequate as proved in the lupo..

no no no there's always room for more :)

Reactions: Mrharris2 and wild willy
Hybrids require larger injectors and custom mapping as a minimum but to make them worthwhile you would need a FMIC, 80mm TIP/induction kit and a 3" downpipe... rods and watermeth are also advised on 1.8t's...

Never heard of this outfit before but Beach Buggy Turbos pretty much has the 8L market covered these days with excellent results from their hybrids...

Have just looked at the specs of these (and the prices!!)... 300ps is not a lot for a K04 hybrid these days especially at the price of these units...

<tuffty/>

Hi, Yes sorry we will never compete on price as use only genuine housings, cores and components not Far East copy parts, so prices will always reflect that.

We do a 1.8 hybrid using a K04-064 and one rated a 380+ ps again using Genuine parts so on.

Last edited:
And how do rated and actual compare?

The only TFSI 1.8t I know anything uses an actual 064, has meth and every flow related mod going and is within 10% of 380 PS.

Can't see a hybrid reliably giving 380PS on a 1.8t.

More info please!

Tbh we are the only company using a genuine true K16 turbine (much larger than k04)in a ko4-064 base unit, so really you have nothing to compare to. The 390 figure I think is achievable is extreme and 370-380 is more realistic hence 380 named, but of course some will do better, for instance Prawn does very well on just a stock ko4-064.

Please take a look at dyno plot on the website it's a 1.8T at 370 without WMI and at 1.55 bar flat

Last edited:
Here it is (very conservative tune and set-up but using pump 102)

Just out with family right now will check back later :)

Si

Reactions: superkarl and S3Alex
I am assuming the 064 turbos you have got data for are left hand drive? got anything for right hand drive cars?... quattro ones would also be useful to get an idea how you get around the challenges of the comp housing as I couldn't see it on any of the pics on the site and I know its proven to be a problem on RHD cars...

<tuffty/>

Reactions: s33nyboy12 and TTE Si
Yes your right all testing and R&D was done on German cars unfortunately in that respect, but it's very good in other ways, as no place more extreme for testing. Units have been on sale for around 15months but was tested and refined so to speak before with partners.

I'd like to see pics of problem on RHD as I'm sure we can overcome if is needed and I'd happily work with a RHD customer as a company partner.

im a bit lost.
are you talking about an 064 hybrid on a 1.8t
or a k04 02x hybrid with 064 internals?
im guessing the first?

Yes first.

We do a stock K04-064 but adapted to suit 1.8t and a hybrid version using bigger compressor and bigger turbine. And also the tte300 using the stock Unit as a base.

Last edited:
And how do rated and actual compare?

The only TFSI 1.8t I know anything uses an actual 064, has meth and every flow related mod going and is within 10% of 380 PS.

Can't see a hybrid reliably giving 380PS on a 1.8t.

More info please!

Old thread but I feel worth re visiting as shows 2871 works very well with 1.8T

391HP 484Nm

- TTE390 Turbocharger
- Upgrade pistons
- Upgrade rods
- Custom Compression Ratio
- Full exhaust by EVO
- Supertec kit valves and springs
- Sachs Clutch kit
- Wagner Tuning Intercooler
- Evo intank pump kit