The time has come.which wheels

Speedline Corse Turinis - Which color on black A3?

• Silver

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Gunmetal

Votes: 3 75.0%

• Total voters

PBA3

Don't hate, appreciate!
Reaction score
I have a 2 door phantom black A3 FWD 2.0T with Koni coils on and for now stock 17" gunmetal Audi wheels (I was surprised they came stock in this color) Will post pics later of how the car is now.

1) BBS CK 18" X 8 ET44

2) Speedline Corse Turini 18" X 8 ET42

Both gunmetal color. Will ET44 to ET42 make any difference as far as rear rubbing? Going with 225/40/18
Which of these wheels is stronger? From what I read, Speedlines are "flow formed" and BBS is heavier.
My Koni coils have "rebound/dampening" adjustment. Should I increase the dampening/stiffen it up for ondulations or leave it soft? My only problem now is when I hit a bump/ondulation, the car seems too soft. I guess making it stiffer will help suspension travel or that's a spring problem? Even on the highway when I go on some overpasses, it just kicks up too much, so that's not good for high speed runs. Maybe I am just too low, but when I put the 18's on I don't think I'd want to raise it too much.

Here is how the car sits (I might have to raise it a bit on the front) because it's scraping and we have bad garages (afraid it will hit the middle of the car under, but will see it's shot, so it might not) and driveways (some are just so inclined and poorly designed) :noway:

IMG_0022.jpg

Will take better pics. Edited this quite a bit end of the afternoon (no light)

Last edited:
i dont like ck's in 18 that much, too flat faced imho.... go with speedlines...

also quite shocked your 17's came in that colour....

Sorry guys ... moderator fixed tittle for me. I am almost sure I going with the speedlines :D

i dont like ck's in 18 that much, too flat faced imho.... go with speedlines...

also quite shocked your 17's came in that colour....

Ya at least the color came right. Imagine if they came silver ... would be horrible for that style wheel on this car.