the story so far

ok today i had some pro picys done of my baby going to get them on tuesday cant wait to see them thank god the weather was ok today for it lol will post them up once i have them

this is what boredom does to me i 3m carbon wrapped my audi's key haha

14052011524.jpg

nice car mate! good colour scheme, loving the black front rings, and now i know the cupra r splitter fits the 8p1 im getting one!! :)

nice car mate! good colour scheme, loving the black front rings, and now i know the cupra r splitter fits the 8p1 im getting one!! :)
thanks wrightey yeah its a nice colour choice i think it used to be sliver and red but that had to go so choose black and red it just works well together , yeah they do fit takes a bit of adjusting and a little nip and tuck here and there but as you can see they do fit and change the looks of the front of the car for so little outlay £24 i think i payed for it from seat bargain

Those photographs look awesome Fran, I'm desperately after some professional photographs (I have none whatsoever, desperate for a signature photo) so i'll Google this chap.

If you don't mind me asking, how much? PM if you like

They look amazing Fran. That Boots in Llanishen i spotted ha :laugh: I need some more photos taken by him but need to sort my stance out first. Gutted i missed this session aswell.

Those photographs look awesome Fran, I'm desperately after some professional photographs (I have none whatsoever, desperate for a signature photo) so i'll Google this chap.

Just add him on facebook and say your our friend. He will sort you out fella.

Not on Facebook Ash unfortunately, i'll sort something out anyway

Cheers

thank dude , yeah james is the man you want to speak to matey he is on facebook but like you said your not on it , i know he is on edition38 forum mate , get ash to pm you his number

looks mean fran, I like it. Double grill actually seems to suit it.

Lose your flaps!

They look amazing Fran. That Boots in Llanishen i spotted ha :laugh: I need some more photos taken by him but need to sort my stance out first. Gutted i missed this session aswell.
hahaha yep boots llanishen was a good spot to be fair then for the other shots went down into the industrial estate a little further and found a closed place and parked infront of there place

looks mean fran, I like it. Double grill actually seems to suit it.

Lose your flaps!
yeah i know its getting a bit rare now too as everybody is single grilling there cars i like the retro feel of the front end now certainly gets alot of looks being all red and black :) , oh and the flapping flaps they are going to flap heaven soon going to take them off on the weekend so might put them on ebay to see if they sell

on the front yes but about 7/8th on the rear so it has got a bit of thread showing on the rear , i was thinking of taking out the adjusters on the front but im looking into getting some 19's so will leave it for now till i get some to see how she sits on the 19's first before i do anything else

pretty new here on these forums - im looking to buy an 04/05 a3 and do a similar build and Fran your ride could be an inspiration. good work pal really loving some of the new pics you have posted

pretty new here on these forums - im looking to buy an 04/05 a3 and do a similar build and Fran your ride could be an inspiration. good work pal really loving some of the new pics you have posted
thanks for the kind words matey glad i inspire you :friends: , the last lot of pics were taken by my mate james he is very good , once you have bought your motor post some picys up so we can give you some pointers of what is good stuff to do
cheers
fran

Fran photoes are sweet! especially the first and last ones :hubbahubba:

Shame you didnt live abit closer it would be mint if a group shot could be done of few of our motors would be an epic shot!

Hmmm front splitter. . . . . looking well wonder how it would look on my votex front? Maybe you could send me some more details my man :friends:

Fran photoes are sweet! especially the first and last ones :hubbahubba:

Shame you didnt live abit closer it would be mint if a group shot could be done of few of our motors would be an epic shot!

Hmmm front splitter. . . . . looking well wonder how it would look on my votex front? Maybe you could send me some more details my man :friends:
thank you scott :wub: yeah its a shall i dont eh our cars are getting rare now that everybody is doing the full frame front end , are you going to any car shows this year im going to a few get your self to audi's in the park in august (have a look in the major uk events section for more info) , not sure on the front splitter on yours it might look like a splitter on a splitter maybe a little too much but give it a crack they are only like £25 ish from seat brand new give it a go it might look spot on but cant tell till its on sort of thing know what i mean dude , i'll pm you some more info now fella oh and thanks very much for your kind words matey :) :)

thank you scott :wub: yeah its a shall i dont eh our cars are getting rare now that everybody is doing the full frame front end , are you going to any car shows this year im going to a few get your self to audi's in the park in august (have a look in the major uk events section for more info) , not sure on the front splitter on yours it might look like a splitter on a splitter maybe a little too much but give it a crack they are only like £25 ish from seat brand new give it a go it might look spot on but cant tell till its on sort of thing know what i mean dude , i'll pm you some more info now fella oh and thanks very much for your kind words matey :) :)
Your welcome m8, hmmmm events not really something ive looked into but Im guna would like to meet up with a feww ov the lads on ere and also to see some nice motors.. . . . . which ones r u goin 2?

Your welcome m8, hmmmm events not really something ive looked into but Im guna would like to meet up with a feww ov the lads on ere and also to see some nice motors.. . . . . which ones r u goin 2?
shows are a very good place to meet friends mate i go to lots every year made some good friends too over the years , the main ones im going to are bristol volkfest local to me , gti international with audi-sport , audi's in the park again with audi-sport , then audi driver international with audi-sport prob a few more but cant remember them off hand , i go with audi-sport and my local ish forum vagowners.co.uk , you should come along to a few its nothing like these max power ones just nice and chilled and talking to like minded people all day long weekend long at some shows

Hi mate, really nice car you've got! just a couple of questions that you may be able to help me with... in the photo that i've quoted below, it that how she sat on standard springs? and if so, are they just the completely standard springs, sport or s-line?

thanks alot matey!

05032011782.jpg

thanks mate , yeah that is on the standard sport set up or 4x4 for short lol so glad she is lower now dont know why i didnt do it sooner

tbf i quite like how it sits on the standard sport springs, although it does look loads nicer now! have you got anymore photos of it on the standard sport springs, itwould really help me make my decision on my wheels!?

Thanks mate.

shows are a very good place to meet friends mate i go to lots every year made some good friends too over the years , the main ones im going to are bristol volkfest local to me , gti international with audi-sport , audi's in the park again with audi-sport , then audi driver international with audi-sport prob a few more but cant remember them off hand , i go with audi-sport and my local ish forum vagowners.co.uk , you should come along to a few its nothing like these max power ones just nice and chilled and talking to like minded people all day long weekend long at some shows
Yea Ive just joined my local, vagcars to see if there are any meets near me, seems like most of the meets are down south tho

tbf i quite like how it sits on the standard sport springs, although it does look loads nicer now! have you got anymore photos of it on the standard sport springs, itwould really help me make my decision on my wheels!?

Thanks mate.
yeah i have mate i'll post them in a min no probs at all

Yea Ive just joined my local, vagcars to see if there are any meets near me, seems like most of the meets are down south tho
lol yeah know what you mean mate most of the meets or car shows are up country from me so was glad to join a forum close to me , it does get a bit costly going up counrty all the time lol

Thanks mate.
here you go matey a few more picys
05032011777.jpg

05032011784.jpg

29072010593.jpg

thanks very much mate, really appreciate that.

i quite like that ride height. with them wheels, it looks very smart without looking over modified. think im going to have to purchase some rs6's!

are yours genuine or replicas?

thanks very much mate, really appreciate that.

i quite like that ride height. with them wheels, it looks very smart without looking over modified. think im going to have to purchase some rs6's!

are yours genuine or replicas?
not a problem matey , they are reps dude i prefer these anyway as they are a good offset so they sit in the arches better now its lowered genuine rims would sit too far in under the arches

how do you find the quality of them? im just a bit unsure of whether to go for the genuine ones or the reps.

what offset are they?

they are good quality i bought them a week after i bought the car so they are over 3 and a half years old and still fine but i have repainted them twice because i got bored i first did them because i kerbed two of them avoiding a ambulance but cant fault them really many reps are bad quality you have got to be so carefull all depends on the design of them i suppose , the offset of them is et45 standard genuine rims are et54 i think , if you can get some genuine wheels then get them the quality is obviously alot better

love the red fran cant beileave how high the car looks in old pictures you need a step to get out :faint: looks great on the lows