The sack race...

Ads

ASN Veteran
Reaction score
Website
www.aythreee.com
So, there are already quite a few premiership managers staring down the barrel, so who do you think will be the next one to get fired???

I'm going for Steve kean of Blackburn.

Alan Pardew as Mike Ashley's trigger finger must be getting twitchy as he hasn't fired anyone for several weeks. :faint:

Seriously it has to be Avram Grant. I can't understand how he keeps getting premiership jobs given his pretty abysmal record with the English teams he has managed.

I would say that Avram's english record is far from abysmal.

Ok, he's doing bad at West Ham, but to be fair doesn't everyone?!
Portsmouth - not great in the league (off field club problems??), but took them to FA Cup Final.
Chelsea - Premiership runner up, Champions League finalists, and League Cup finalists.

Pretty good record if you ask me.

Hodgson. Or Ancelotti (spelling?) if Chelsea don't improve soon.

I would say that Avram's english record is far from abysmal.

Ok, he's doing bad at West Ham, but to be fair doesn't everyone?!
Portsmouth - not great in the league (off field club problems??), but took them to FA Cup Final.
Chelsea - Premiership runner up, Champions League finalists, and League Cup finalists.

Pretty good record if you ask me.

Ok, abysmal may be a little strong, but across Chelsea & Pompi that's 4 times a bridesmaid and never a bride...

I'm a Liverpool supporter and was actually disappointed they managed a last minute win against Bolton the other day, giving Roy a bit more time.
Nice enough bloke but not right for Liverpool. Seems out of his depth.

roy aint out of his depth. Hes just inherited a poor team in poor form with no funds to make it his own.

Yeah he is. It's written all over his face during interviews and during matches.
He's an experienced manager, but not at top level and not with a team who's aim will be to win the league/european cup.

He did well at Fulham for that one season, but it was just that... one season.
Pretty silly of Liverpool to hire him based on that really.
They needed (and still need) a coach with top level experience.

To be fair to woy, he's taken over a club and team in decline. It's understandable the pool want a big manager and big players as they're a massive club. But the facts are there are new boys in town - sp*rs and citeh are a good way ahead of pool now, and only MASSIVE investment is going to change that - and that's not going to happen any time soon.

Not sure who pool want in, I've heard some laughable names - Dalglish.... The man that left them high and dry and has hardly ripped up Celtic or Newcastle!

The signings that Rafa made got pool into the mess - that fluke and it was a fluke in the champions league final, was with players signed by Houllier.

Any way, that fourth spot in the league is, as someone once said "up for grabs now" haha - sorry, couldn't resist that....

The signings that Rafa made got pool into the mess - that fluke and it was a fluke in the champions league final, was with players signed by Houllier.

Was kind of a fluke to win it that year. But to be fair, Liverpool then went on to establish themselves as one of the strongest (if not THE strongest) team in europe for a couple of years after that.... beating or knocking out ALL of the top teams in europe, using Rafa's signings.

I don't think it's going to take MASSIVE investment to get back to the Liverpool of a couple of seasons ago. Of late it's never been about lots of brilliant individual players for Liverpool. It's been about functioning as a team, which Rafa was very good at implementing (see Valencia).
If they can employ a manager who will get them back to that way of playing, and invest a reasonable amount in a few class players then they'll be back challanging again. And certainly be on top of spurs again, and at least on par with the Arsenal we see at the moment (maybe not in style of play, but in effectiveness).

I'm a Liverpool supporter and was actually disappointed they managed a last minute win against Bolton the other day, giving Roy a bit more time.
Nice enough bloke but not right for Liverpool. Seems out of his depth.

Hodgson spent five years at Halmstads BK, winning the league in 1976 and 1979

He took over at Malmo, which he led to five consecutive leagues, two Swedish championships (at the time the Swedish championship was decided through play-offs) and two Swedish Cups.

Then at Inter Hodgson was brought in and guided the club to 7th place in the 95–96 season, qualifying for the Waffa cup.
The 96–97 season saw Hodgson leave Inter after 14 wins, 13 draws and five defeats in Serie A, with Inter placed 3rd in the league!

Took over at Blackburn, bottom of the table and awful and managed to get 6th place and a UEFA cup place

To be fair Woy has a 40% win ratio at liverpool, which is better than Fergies record as Scotland manager!!

Give him time to 'build his own team' and liverpoo will be back up there challenging for honours, only problem is liverpoo signed alot of crap and are in a similar position to ManYoo in that they have the odd player that should be put out to graze ;)

Problem is, its the "building his own team" that scares me a little. Especially if Konchesky, Poulson and his idea of Carlton Cole improving our attack are anything to go by.

Apart from that one good season with Fulham, he's done nothing in modern football i.e. in the past 14 or 15 years.
During his entire managerial career of 30 odd years he has barely stayed at a club longer than a two years, for whatever reason.

I like Roy, but I feel that his talent is with the Blackburn, Fulham, and Boltons of this world.

Wolves 1 - Chelsea 0 !!

Ancelotti in trouble as well??

Carlo is in trouble yes but its not his fault, some players we have simply are not good enough anymore(some never were) the likes of Mikel, Anelka, Kalou, Ferreria should be sold this transfer window and the likes of Terry, Lamps, Drogs need to be thinking of mentoring the youngsters as these boys are gettin old now and cant keep up with the likes of the ashley youngs, lennons, wallcott etc.

Roy i think will be sacked soon enough as liverpool are having a worse season than us at Chelsea but Carlo is on thin ice i think i just hope he doesnt get sacked as its not his fault(look at the double last season)

Carlo is in trouble yes but its not his fault, some players we have simply are not good enough anymore(some never were) the likes of Mikel, Anelka, Kalou, Ferreria should be sold this transfer window and the likes of Terry, Lamps, Drogs need to be thinking of mentoring the youngsters as these boys are gettin old now and cant keep up with the likes of the ashley youngs, lennons, wallcott etc.

Roy i think will be sacked soon enough as liverpool are having a worse season than us at Chelsea but Carlo is on thin ice i think i just hope he doesnt get sacked as its not his fault(look at the double last season)

I'm sure Carlo won't be sacked while you're still in the Champions League - Abramovich will forgive him the Premier League if you win the Champions League!

Wolves 1 - Chelsea 0 !!

Ancelotti in trouble as well??

Nothing to do with Ancelotti - chavs have sold/let go players such as J.Cole (shocking player though!) Ballack, Carvalho, etc, etc - without bringing in players or promoting youth in return. The whole time they where winning games with ease they should've been blooding the likes of Kakuta etc. Just look at Pualo Fierrero Roche... Playing at CB instead of an -21 England youth player?!

Anyway long may the demise of the bin-dippers and Chavski continue...

One last thing - that picture of 'Arry in the sp*rs thing, reminded me of our song we sing at the grove
"he's gotta twitch, he's gotta twitch, how'd he get it I dont know, where'd he ge it I don't care.... All I know is, eeeeeee's gotta twiiiiiiiitch... 'arry's gotta twiiiitch" lol

Last edited: