The S4 must be good

Matt82

Reaction score
i was having a chat with the GF the other day about general car stuff and id said i was thinking about putting up an advert for the audi

she said she actually really liked the car and would rather get rid of her little fiesta if having three cars was too many etc :sign_omg:

gf insisting on keeping the least sensible car we own, SHOCKER

i was having a chat with the GF the other day about general car stuff and id said i was thinking about putting up an advert for the audi

she said she actually really liked the car and would rather get rid of her little fiesta if having three cars was too many etc :sign_omg:

gf insisting on keeping the least sensible car we own, SHOCKER

ha ha, the only positive thing the wife has said about mine is ohh isn't the dash nice and clean ?#?

mine was bowled over with the practicality of having an estate (first estate either of us have owned)

you can fit silly amounts of stuff in, which is a godsend given we have recently moved

quattro, we had lots of snow and we had to pick her mum up from surrey last week. traffic was terrible (4 hours to do 50 miles) because of traffic not being able to move on the ice... the quattro was fantastic

the three of us went up to cheshire, packed with travelling stuff. the s4 does that fantastically

we then came back on boxing day with a shed load of presents, a bunny, its associated clobber and a large dog cage. the s4 moves the entire lot, often at high speed so i can see why it makes sense

im just "getting bored". its practical, doesnt even use a drop of oil, but there is now nothing to fettle so i dont think its suiting me that well

Well I nearly got an S3, so glad I didn't as I think even the S4 is a bit too small (cabin area), boot is ok, but when I went to the tip the other day with all the kids empty boxes etc, I really struggled...

Previous motor was an A6 and was soo much bigger.

Saying that I'm still very happy with my S4..

but maybe i'd of been better off with the avant?

oh well in the new year we are getting the misses a 7 seater so that will be the new "tip" car....ha ha..

yup, cabin in the a/s4 is tiny, hence you dont see them as taxis

with an estate you can fit a silly amount of bits in, and with an s4 estate you can fit all the bits in and still go really fast haha

i have friends with a3/s3s and theyre no more practical than a hatchback, and youd have to be mad to get one of those in 4dr

the a6 is a comfortable size (like we were saying in the M5 thread), i did consider an s6 though but they did seem to look a bit minging (and thats coming from someone who really doesnt care how cars look!)

if you had an s4 estate, that would do the whole "tip" thing really well, but wouldnt seat 7... so i think youre on a winner with the 7 seater + s4 idea

The Avants are awesome, the rear end of the saloon model is absolutely disgusting.

They all have a stupid gearbox though, so upon buying one, my first job would have to be to rip it apart and fit a proper box from an S4 instead.

The Avants are awesome, the rear end of the saloon model is absolutely disgusting.

They all have a stupid gearbox though, so upon buying one, my first job would have to be to rip it apart and fit a proper box from an S4 instead.

You referring to it being auto?
I loved my auto box in my 2.8 (but i'm a lazy driver)

Its a performance car...

You dont fit a slushbox to a performance car, its just silly.

I can see the point in some A8 luxobarge or a Range Rover or whatever, but the S6/RS6 should have a manual, not a crappy auto with tiptronic.

The stupid thing is, not only did they not fit a manual as standard, it wasnt even an option in the UK, so if you wanted your fast executive barge with a proper transmission audis answer was? Go to BMW. Nice way to satisfy the customer!

i didnt know that about the gearbox... bad bad move. there were a couple cars i considered before buying the s4, but had to dismiss them because they had a gay gearbox

yup, cabin in the a/s4 is tiny, hence you dont see them as taxis

THATS A GOOD POINT SO GLAD OF THIS!!
but rear legroom is sh*te

You referring to it being auto?
I loved my auto box

HERE HERE!!!!!!!!!! TRAFFIC IS GETTING WORSE round here, ok to have a manual for country lanes etc.., makes no sense for me, as i am sick of clutch in clutch out malarkey in traffic.

ive no idea what your audi is like but the clutch on my s4 is pretty damn heavy... its not much fun in traffic :p