The S4 build wait thread

I'd love an S4. My ultimate car at the moment. Mope fully going to keep mine for 3-4 and save hard and get an approved S4 maybe 2-3 years old!

Wouldn't go near an RS4! Way too much attention from the wrong people!

Mine's built, left the factory, with a planned pick-up date of the 12th.... Seems like so long ago ordering... Mrs C even bought me an Audi keyring for Christmas... Now researching data-only sim for the Audi connect high, trying to sort out residents parking permit - all online and you need a v5c, which Audi tell me I don't get until 7 days after taking the car.. The joys of "online government" and the lack of ability to actually speak to a human, and Mrs C tells me I'm becoming a grumpy old man.

BTW, Anyone interested in a 57-plate 525d SE touring, 1 careful owner, and then me... 60k miles, big dent in the side from the recycling lorry last week (nightmare insurance claim scenario)...

Anyway just wanted to say if the last 10 days are the worst then I think family C will kill me before delivery

Thanks guys.

Agreed nice spec. And probably a good time to be ditching the 2.0 TFSI with all the oil consumption issues.

Not had any problems (touches wood) with the TT EA888 engine, drinks minimal oil. The valvelift 211PS is a fun fun engine in such a light car.....but it ain't no charged V6 :)

Good deals to be had on the S4 at the moment. List for mine was 44K, but pushed it down to 36.8K with discounts !

Reactions: scotty76
Mine's built, left the factory, with a planned pick-up date of the 12th.... Seems like so long ago ordering... Mrs C even bought me an Audi keyring for Christmas... Now researching data-only sim for the Audi connect high, trying to sort out residents parking permit - all online and you need a v5c, which Audi tell me I don't get until 7 days after taking the car.. The joys of "online government" and the lack of ability to actually speak to a human, and Mrs C tells me I'm becoming a grumpy old man.

BTW, Anyone interested in a 57-plate 525d SE touring, 1 careful owner, and then me... 60k miles, big dent in the side from the recycling lorry last week (nightmare insurance claim scenario)...

Anyway just wanted to say if the last 10 days are the worst then I think family C will kill me before delivery

Not long now...the wait is excruciating at times, also containing my excitement from Mrs J was tough also (wife not interested & couldn't care less) I was like a 10yr old with a new Millennium Falcon for Chrimbo' - she just doesn't get it!?
The word "Crisis" was mentioned a bit?!
ASN is great for sharing excitement tho':D

Reactions: Keef
Went to see about viewing an s4 in lannndannnn just before Christmas, unfortunately it was sold on my drive up :( so not test drive/purchase yet. Good thing I was also going to see a friend and pick up another from the airport or would have been a bit annoying xD

Would have loved to have seen my mates face should I had been able to buy it and collect her from the airport in it :D many brum brums! Journey back would have been considerably quicker! (Minus the sections where they've put in even more average speed cameras :( )

But due to some unfortunate family circumstances I've swapped my car with my dad (so my mum can drive it) and I have his A3 cab (1.6tdi prefacelift) so at least I'm in some form of Audi for the to me being :) lovely Christmas day drive with the top down :D