The S4 build wait thread

Mine is officially built and now in transit !!! Yay!:thumbs up:

Reactions: ub7rm and scotty76
I feel like I've been quite chilled about it up until now...but now it's morphing into reality, I'm waking in the night for no apparent reason?!?!
Wish we had a 'build tracker'.....like our friends in Canada & my dominos pizza this eve' ;)

Reactions: DrSasso and scotty76
Made it to 1500 miles today. 4 months and 14 days since pickup. Booked in next week to investigate coolant loss (see my other thread). :(

Made it to 1500 miles today. 4 months and 14 days since pickup. Booked in next week to investigate coolant loss (see my other thread). :(
Hey got mine on the same day:) now 4500 miles and enjoy every minute - off to check my coolant now!! Hope you get a result with yours. I had a 3 series BMW which always sat just on minimum, if I topped it up it would go straight to minimum but never any less.

Reactions: scotty76
Greetings, I have decided to return to the world of Audi after a few years in the wilderness......

just placed an order for an S4 Avant Black Edition with the following extras:

Audi drive select
Audi hill-hold assist
Audi Parking System Advanced
Convenience package
Heated front seats
Leather door armrests front and rear
Door mirrors – electrically folding and auto dimming with memory function
Audi quattro Sports differential
Mobile telephone preparation – Low with Bluetooth and voice control
Technology package – High
Super Sports seats
Through-load facility

After much delibertaing I have gone for Daytona Grey with Magma Red interior

Total price after discount is £41,787

Cannot wait :)

Welcome Thomas! And welcome to ASN! Nice spec, those Super Sports seats are comfy! :)

Hi Thomas,

Great spec and discount. When are you expecting delivery? Rest assured its an awesome machine and worth the wait.

Magma will look great with Daytona.

Car looks great Scotty - I was reading back over the whole the over night, didn't you set a countdown timer!

Anyway, as I didn't want to start another collection thread and I'm about to be superseded by new S4 collections.
I though I'd stick a few photos on here - not the best with my phone and car wasn't clean...but it was sunny!

This confirms my thoughts that my new S4 Avant will require lowering. Has anyone any experience of doing so on the B8.5 either with just springs or coilovers?

This confirms my thoughts that my new S4 Avant will require lowering. Has anyone any experience of doing so on the B8.5 either with just springs or coilovers?
Might be worth asking for some recent photos. They settle apparently.

My car has been in to Audi today. If you have a recent S4 there's an airbag software update just out. Description is: 69K5 setting parameters for airbag control unit.

Reactions: Keef
My car has been in to Audi today. If you have a recent S4 there's an airbag software update just out. Description is: 69K5 setting parameters for airbag control unit.
Hi Scotty
Thanks for the heads up on the software update.
Whats the verdict on the coolant?
Cheers
Keef

Hey Thomas, nice order - good colour choice!
The suspension does settle down, I'll try and get some current pics.
I think it could be lower but as i have damper control i wouldn't want to lower

Hey Thomas, nice order - good colour choice!
The suspension does settle down, I'll try and get some current pics.
I think it could be lower but as i have damper control i wouldn't want to lower

thanks yes if you could post some further pics that would be great

Well, it's (almost) a reality....

I've had the call.....she's arrived.....it's going to be Wednesday......Gulp!?!

Reactions: Keef, ub7rm and scotty76
Nervous - Hope I can keep my hand still enough?!

Reactions: Keef and scotty76
Great news mate...one more sleep!
Yep as scotty says, lots of pics when you can

Thanks guys, Will do...;-)
Just wondering what you guys have done with regard to insurance, my quote from Audi (whilst sorting the free 7 day policy) for the year was over twice the best quote on comparison sites BUT I do like the idea of brand new replacement in the first year / Audi only approved parts & repair...so has anybody have any knowledge of a similar policy with an alternative insurer?

My Audi insurance quote was something like 4-5x what my renewal quote was so not really viable. Most policies seem to offer a replacement car if yours is written off or stolen in the first year (mine does). Also on the subject of genuine parts it says...

we may use non original parts or original parts if your car is under the manufacturer's warranty

also this:

Do I have to use an Approved Repairer?

Where appropriate, we will put you in touch with one of our Approved Repairers. By using an Approved Repairer you will be provided with a free courtesy car whilst the repair work is being carried out and the work will be guaranteed for at least 5 years. If you choose not to use a repairer from our approved network then you will not be able to benefit from the courtesy car service and we will not guarantee the work

I also read elsewhere on ASN that someone had got their car fixed at Audi on the premise it was required to maintain the warranty. My current policy is with Allianz.

Thanks Scotty, I know some insurers will only give 'market value' of the vehicle at that time so I'm being cautious. The Audi insurance is also Allianz!

Same here, my quote from Audi insurance was ridiculous!
I keep getting emails from Audi Ensurance, which I believe are just a claims management company.
I'm not sure they are actually affiliated with Audi, think its something to do with the Audi finance.
But they claim to make sure original parts are used fro any repairs. I never get round to registering for this 'free' service!

Scotty

Forgot to ask, can you let me know how much the maintenance clean was @ DMC?
I'm back down there on the 22nd for a touch-up on the coating and a clean

Thanks Scotty, I know some insurers will only give 'market value' of the vehicle at that time so I'm being cautious. The Audi insurance is also Allianz!

LOL, that's funny. :) So if it has an Audi badge on it the premium goes up 4x ? :) Mind you we are just driving around in Skodas aren't we? :)

Reactions: Keef
David are you doing GAP insurance? That should cover any difference after year 1. Got my GAP from ALA.

My Audi insurance was pretty reasonable, very close to what I'm paying with Aviva in fact but with Aviva I have multicar which would have been ruined by splitting the S4 out.

Aviva lets you see who their approved repairers are in your area before you sign up, and in my area they use the local VW / Audi repairer or the alternative is a highly regarded stand alone repair shop. Aviva are defaqto 5 star so good level of cover. I don't work for them, other insurers are available...

Reactions: ERBY
David are you doing GAP insurance? That should cover any difference after year 1. Got my GAP from ALA.
I dont have a lot of finance on the car so its probably not essential with regard to neg' equity? I think ill be ok for the first year as the insurance should replace for new anyway, I appreciate though if I crushed the thing after a year (as I understand it?) the 'return to invoice' may come in handy?? Do correct me if I'm wrong?!

Had Aviva for a few months but sadly the excess was £850. Min excess they would do for me was £650 so switched.

I dont have a lot of finance on the car so its probably not essential with regard to neg' equity? I think ill be ok for the first year as the insurance should replace for new anyway, I appreciate though if I crushed the thing after a year (as I understand it?) the 'return to invoice' may come in handy?? Do correct me if I'm wrong?!
No you're spot on. All insurance is risk based. I had a chunk of finance so went for the GAP. First time ever for me.

NFU mutual will replace the car in the first 2 years if it is written off - not cheap insurance but good reviews and generally ok for us country boys!

I'm not trying to be a 'tease' here but its the only image I've got saved on my work computer so i'll upload a couple more later ;-)

The whole handover by my dealer was amazing, I really enjoyed it!
By the time I got home - it was dark! Then up early and a drive to work (in the wind & rain) so I don't feel like I've properly taken a step back to admire it yet…if that makes sense??
BUT it is wonderful to drive - I've forgotten how quite and refined it is in comfort/efficiency mode & the gear change is so quick - the rev needle drops so quickly on the upshift - its really weird!?
I forgot to ask if it needs to be kept below a rev range…any feedback??

Daytona is stunning!!!

IMG 2032

Reactions: dosscross1, Keef and elpeterol
It tells you in the handbook but I think that it is about 4000rpm for the first 1000 miles then gradually up to full power - then wow!!

My baby...

IMG 2046

IMG 2047

Reactions: Bristle Hound, DrSasso, Keef and 1 other person