The S3's new home (Attn. Westy)

Reaction score
As requested, the S3 tucked up in it's new home (with it's stablemate outside) :yahoo::

garage.jpg

Nice! now thats a proper sized garage!

I thought manchester was the getto,jesus,yea nice big old garage

wow!!! can we have some pics of the 205 please!!

actually can i just have the 205?? ;-)

Garages are funny things, as they're almost never big enough to be as useful as you'd think.

That looks like a fairly standard double, but you'll find if you actually park two cars in it you'll have just about enough room to squeeze down the side of them. Or you park one car in it with room to work on it, and then you've tonnes of wasted space, which inevitably gets filled up with "stuff" meaning you can only ever fit one car in it.

I've got a fairly generous single (3m x 7m), and theres room in that for one car, and a bit of a work area at the bottom, its massive compared to most singles, yet in reality has so much car stuff jammed in it you can barely move with a car parked in there, and unless both sides are left completely clear (which they arent) you cant really work on a car inside it.

Plus you then go "ahha, i've got a garage" and plonk some long term project inside, which then means that your still stuck out on the drive doing work on the daily as the immovable long term project is taking up all the space inside.

And i suspect if i were to fill the garden with a massive 7m x 7m workshop with plenty of room for two cars and work space, the missus would get somewhat annoyed that her garden has vanished :p

wow!!! can we have some pics of the 205 please!!

actually can i just have the 205?? ;-)

You can't have the 205, you'd need to pry the keys from my tightly clenched dead hands as it's my pride and joy :yum:, but you can have a couple of pic's of it (any excuse to whip out a pic or two):

Top%20right.jpg

rear%20corner%20top.jpg

Garages are funny things, as they're almost never big enough to be as useful as you'd think.

That looks like a fairly standard double, but you'll find if you actually park two cars in it you'll have just about enough room to squeeze down the side of them. Or you park one car in it with room to work on it, and then you've tonnes of wasted space, which inevitably gets filled up with "stuff" meaning you can only ever fit one car in it.

Your right, it is a standard double, both of them will go in but then there's no room to do anything with either of them. The Pug is in there the majority of the time but the S3 needs a few bit's sorting hence why it's tucked up at the mo'. I have to say though I find the garage hugely useful, especially coming from a flat. I can now leave a job half done overnight if I don't have the right tool etc, which I could never do before...it's a godsend! As for filling it with sh1t, that's what the humongous shed around the back of the garage is for!

yeh, i think i really need to get myself a shed, that would solve a lot of my issues. Even just a small one to get things like pushbikes and gardening stuff out of the garage would make a big difference i suspect.

Unfortunately my garage is currently filled with a half finished project that cant really be wheeled outside if i need to work on the Audi, so instead, i end up working outside on the Audi and dodging the rain.

hopefully when i buy a place in the next year or so i can get a place with a garage

We're renting, but having a garage and a drive was on the MUST HAVES list when we were looking for a place.

Nice garage Dave.

My issue is the brick wall separating the front doors. If I need to work on the car I have to drive in through 1 door and drive diagonally across to give me enough room. When I can afford to I will get an RSJ and take the wall out and get a big double door:

97e890b8.jpg

be6e250b.jpg

6db1238b.jpg

Nice garage Dave.

My issue is the brick wall separating the front doors. If I need to work on the car I have to drive in through 1 door and drive diagonally across to give me enough room. When I can afford to I will get an RSJ and take the wall out and get a big double door:

97e890b8.jpg

be6e250b.jpg

6db1238b.jpg

There's plenty of time for double doors, you're probably in a similar position to me where all of a sudden your 'man to do list' has just had a load of home improvement jobs added to it, which the missus has prioritised over anything garage or car related!

[Dave B];1637900 said:
There's plenty of time for double doors, you're probably in a similar position to me where all of a sudden your 'man to do list' has just had a load of home improvement jobs added to it, which the missus has prioritised over anything garage or car related!

Sure has. Garage will be the last room to be done :(

My old man is a sparky and I've already sent him on a mission to acquire me as much lighting as possible. I want my garage to be as bright as an operating theatre :)

wish i had a decent sized garage, check mine out which im changing an engine in today, makes a job 10x worse being cramped!
DSC_0212.jpg

i have a garage and i thought result park there at night keeps it fresh, lowers insurance, only thing is my car dont even fit!! who ever built it must have been on drugs!!!

id say that you would struggle to get a kia picanto in it haga

I hate working in my display garages, the design is a joke with all the RSJ supports:

8.jpg

My new set-up is much better, two large open doubles and a large double with doors (and a millinery workshop for the Mrs on the end)...

IMG_0676.jpg

I hate working in my display garages, the design is a joke with all the RSJ supports:

8.jpg

My new set-up is much better, two large open doubles and a large double with doors (and a millinery workshop for the Mrs on the end)...

IMG_0676.jpg

I love your pictures!

Underfloor heating also Ryan?... To keep the tyres warm :p

I though my garage was nice...

Working in people's houses I get to see some impressive garages. A couple even had ramps and a pit...

Nice 205 gti mate! Classic .....

Westy get a quote for that RSJ stretching the front of your twin garage an you will change your mind! Not cheap mate lol

Ryan your display garages, can't of been garages originally to have the steel uprights how they are, very poor design!

Lol at the heated floor , my dad has heated tile floor in his garages for his babies , and some lighting my cousin just did him £100 a bulb for 32 daylight LEDs ........ Why? Also he knows nothing about cars, and has never worked on one , but has 3 tall " snap on style" tool chests full of every tool imaginable unused in plastic ! I think it's an old man thing...... :)

No, the display garages were originally stables which we had converted. Still they do the job when detailing though, keeps the elements out.
I do all my car work in the oak garages now though, much easier to move around the car, but it doesn't have underfloor heating.

My set up is pretty sweet as well. I have the choice of either gravelled drive or a drive with block paving.

No, the display garages were originally stables which we had converted. Still they do the job when detailing though, keeps the elements out.
I do all my car work in the oak garages now though, much easier to move around the car, but it doesn't have underfloor heating.

Dude, what do you do for a job to afford such a nice garage, and can you give me a job? I have a small section of road outside my house that I call my garage. It has above floor heating if the sun comes out.

Haha, I like the above floor heating! :D

I help run the family business, we're the largest privately owned luxury holiday park operators in the UK. Don't be fooled though, I rarely get to tinker in my garages or relax in general really, it's very much 24/7, 365 with our business. It'll all pay off one day though, fingers crossed!