The S3 has to go......

benhancock_uk

Reaction score
All I seem to have read over the last few months is people having to sell their cars through expanding families etc and now its happened to me! (not so funny now)........ Anyway need to get something bigger and Im just about to put mine on the market.

Its an immaculate August 2003 (03) 225 model with 19k on the clock and all the usual bits and was thinking of listing for around 18k (a far cry from the 22k I paid 14 months ago).

Is that realistic?

IIRC the bible says that an oct02 (52) is worth 17,499 from a franchise dealer, and 14.5k trade in.

I have just paid 18k for a reasonably loaded oct 02 s3 from a dealer, so there are people out there willing to pay the money for a mint one /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

adjust accordingly I guess

P.S. Sorry to here she's gotta go... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

NO NO NO NO......

Don't do it. see other threads.. but baby doesn't mean crap car.....

plus financially very expensive to change car so soon.

Don't do it...

ALL just in my hmble opinion of course

With a bit of modification the baby will fit in the glove box... leaving your boot and back seat for pushchairs, nappies, talcum powder and other such essentials.

I've still got my S3, after Jojo junior was born, infact, he went home in the S3 @ 2days old /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

There will be a little Chris1.8T born soon and I plan to keep the S3, although i'm not sure about getting baby sick on my alcantara.

Chris

Ooh ! Baby sick on alcantra. Now there's a thought.
On my second S3 now. Boy was born when I had my first S3.
No need to sell it just because you think its too small.
Don't get me wrong, it can be cramped sometimes, but these times are few and far between.
Surely the pleasures outweigh the disadvantages ?

Chris.

Use a beach towel between the travel seat and leather/alcatara seats, to obviously prevent sick from connecting, and prevents marks aswell /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

lmao, kinda gone waaay OT.. he says he wants something bigger, not crapper... who says he's not after an RS6 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

anyway, i can check the official figures now..

august 03
New - 25,075
Retail - 18,825
milage - 27k
trade - 16825

so your figures are not unrealistic at all, if anything is a bit underpriced. Plus you know that if you were to buy the same car from a dealer today, you would have to pay £18.5k - £21k.

The only real problem with these cars is finding someone as passionate about them as we are, and willing to shell out that amount of cash on a second hand car - when a new f**d will cost half that amount...