The S3 has gone! Thanks to everyone & see you again

naughts4187

Reaction score
Morning all,

Just a quick note to say a big thanks for the last year and a half on the forum for tips advice and general banter when I'm sat vacantly staring out of my window at work. Yesterday the S3 was picked up by Graham from Prestige Performance and will go into his stock. He gave me a superb price for a trade in, and he's a top bloke too so happy days all round.

Big thanks to Jassy & Simon for keeping me entertained over the last year, shame I never got to a meet!

Got a few parts for sale now including my BBS CH-R's, Audi ash tray, MMI cables so please PM me if you are interested.

I'm sure I'll be back on Audi sport again when the TTRS comes out in a manual. But until then, farewell and thanks once again! Matt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Daveotto, Jassyo06, MattSedg and 6 others
Hmmmm, I'll give you a shout on the wheels but can't commit till I know my finances...

Reactions: naughts4187 and Rob2k68
Good luck Matt
What are you moving on to.?

Reactions: naughts4187, Rob2k68 and Simon L
Morning all,

Just a quick note to say a big thanks for the last year and a half on the forum for tips advice and general banter when I'm sat vacantly staring out of my window at work. Yesterday the S3 was picked up by Graham from Prestige Performance and will go into his stock. He gave me a superb price for a trade in, and he's a top bloke too so happy days all round.

Big thanks to Jassy & Simon for keeping me entertained over the last year, shame I never got to a meet!

Got a few parts for sale now including my BBS CH-R's, Audi ash tray, MMI cables so please PM me if you are interested.

I'm sure I'll be back on Audi sport again when the TTRS comes out in a manual. But until then, farewell and thanks once again! Matt

All the very best mate and make sure you swing by with some pics of that Mustang (assume you're still going ahead with it?!!) :)

...........funny you should mention the TTRS, gotta be the only way you'll ever see me in a 'hairdressers car' lol

Reactions: Jassyo06, naughts4187, Rob2k68 and 1 other person
Take it easy Matt hope the new car is everything you need - pics of the new beast ?

Reactions: Jassyo06, Simon L and naughts4187
Hmmmm, I'll give you a shout on the wheels but can't commit till I know my finances...

No worries buddy I've got them in storage bags so no huge rush, would rather sell to a forum member.

All the very best mate and make sure you swing by with some pics of that Mustang (assume you're still going ahead with it?!!) :)

...........funny you should mention the TTRS, gotta be the only way you'll ever see me in a 'hairdressers car' lol

Haha exactly that!

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Simon L
I'd certainly be interested in your MMI cables... :wink:

Reactions: naughts4187
Good luck Matt
What are you moving on to.?

Thanks buddy! Car is about a week away, just clearing customs in Southampton. Got myself a GT fastback coming, it arrived 4 months earlier than expected. Should be a lot of sideways fun...

Not the exact car but it will look identical to this...

991838ce00a8a60fc93fba57d6d11bc2.jpg

f429463e959c85e961a17e768035e6ca.jpg

Reactions: Stanningtonglen, Ignition1, Jassyo06 and 9 others
Take it easy Matt hope the new car is everything you need - pics of the new beast ?

Thanks Rob! It arrives next week, I'll get some pics posted and probably a big grin across my face. pics of a stock car posted above.

Reactions: Jassyo06, Rob2k68 and Simon L
Nice motor mate! Yeh Plenty of sideways action in that beast. Enjoy

Reactions: Jassyo06, naughts4187, Rob2k68 and 1 other person
Thanks buddy! Car is about a week away, just clearing customs in Southampton. Got myself a GT fastback coming, it arrived 4 months earlier than expected. Should be a lot of sideways fun...

Not the exact car but it will look identical to this...

991838ce00a8a60fc93fba57d6d11bc2.jpg

f429463e959c85e961a17e768035e6ca.jpg

Awesome!! :hubbahubba:

......................you'll have the 'curtain twitchers' out in force driving that bad boy down yer road!! lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: naughts4187, pburv and Rob2k68
Best of luck Matt.

Reactions: naughts4187
Very nice. I was looking at mustangs before I went for an S3. I was dissuaded though by the very long lead time, and the fact that I couldn't get so much as a fiver off from the dealers.

I'm not jealous though. Nope, not even a little bit.

Well, maybe just a tiny bit...

Reactions: Jassyo06, naughts4187, Simon L and 1 other person
Well jell !! - love that colour mate ;o)

Reactions: naughts4187, Simon L and pburv
Is the UK right hand drive version still 5 litre or is that a US model?
Cracking looking car.

Reactions: naughts4187, Rob2k68, Simon L and 1 other person
Good luck Matt. Awesome new motor.

Reactions: naughts4187 and pburv
@naughts4187 - Good luck with the new car mate

Looks great & I'm sure it will be fun

Reactions: naughts4187, pburv and Rob2k68
U.K. gets the 5.0 V8 or the 4 cylinder ecoboost engine. The US market also gets a V6. There's a number of very subtle styling tweeks that give the V8 away to the informed observer, like the enormous chrome "5.0" badges on the front wings

Reactions: Jassyo06, naughts4187, pburv and 2 others
All the best with the new purchase! You will have lot's of fun! Pop back in when you get it and let us all see it. Mind do a video of that noise too. Ha.

How much are you looking at for the wheels?. :)

Reactions: Jassyo06, naughts4187, pburv and 2 others
All the best with the new purchase! You will have lot's of fun! Pop back in when you get it and let us all see it. Mind do a video of that noise too. Ha.

How much are you looking at for the wheels?. :)

Hi Andy,
Wheels are 19x8.5 (perfect for S3) with et48. Looking for £1100 as the tyres have some life in them still. Will get proper photos up in the for sale thread tonight.

Reactions: pburv, 73pop and AndyB-S3
Very nice. I was looking at mustangs before I went for an S3. I was dissuaded though by the very long lead time, and the fact that I couldn't get so much as a fiver off from the dealers.

I'm not jealous though. Nope, not even a little bit.

Well, maybe just a tiny bit...

Haha well I'm causing a bit of a stir on the mustang forum, ordered in November and it's here. 6 months! Some guys have been waiting since January 2015 and still not delivered. Perhaps I have friends in powerful places i know about.

Reactions: Stanningtonglen, Jassyo06, pburv and 1 other person
Awesome!! :hubbahubba:

......................you'll have the 'curtain twitchers' out in force driving that bad boy down yer road!! lol

Neighbour opposite me is 80+. My next door neighbour is 78. Her bedroom faces the rear of the car if I reverse it in. Luckily I get on with her so I'll park the other way round. Wait until I get my Magnaflow exhaust on next week, think I'll be annoying some folk on the street with the early starts!

P.s no I don't live in a bungalow haha

Reactions: Stanningtonglen, pburv, AndyB-S3 and 1 other person
What a cracking car to move into do live the Mustangs few now around my way. Did seriously think about one, but lead time put me off. Enjoy, fantastic motor!!!

Reactions: naughts4187 and pburv
Hey mate getting the new car early that's a great result,as summer is eventually with us....? Yeah pity the S3 hasn't lived up to yours or meselfs expectations.... That's great, graham "nice chap" gave you what you wanted for your car mate...it's good when nice things happen for nice people...and *** l hope ye get on better with mustang than you did with the S3.....lol l saw a Bright red one in my street last week it's wider than the Clyde as they say up here.."that a river" round here..lol,it sure was a head Turner.....it's a big car....maybe it was the red colour that emphasised it more l don't know..lol
As they say on here... photos or it didn't happen.... Lol
Jassy

Reactions: Simon L, Rob2k68, pburv and 1 other person
Hey mate getting the new car early that's a great result,as summer is eventually with us....? Yeah pity the S3 hasn't lived up to yours or meselfs expectations.... That's great, graham "nice chap" gave you what you wanted for your car mate...it's good when nice things happen for nice people...and *** l hope ye get on better with mustang than you did with the S3.....lol l saw a Bright red one in my street last week it's wider than the Clyde as they say up here.."that a river" round here..lol,it sure was a head Turner.....it's a big car....maybe it was the red colour that emphasised it more l don't know..lol
As they say on here... photos or it didn't happen.... Lol
Jassy

Hi buddy!
Cheers for your kind words! Yeah it's a shame the s3 didn't float my boat - it's a lovely place to sit every day but for me it just didn't have any soul, if that makes any sense. Yep Graham I actually discovered on here last year, he's bought my dads Q7 and my S3 now, paid more than any other dealer and near what we wanted for the car but without the hassle - no brainier. What are you moving onto? Didn't realise the car wasn't ticking it for you too - all that g techniq you did too!!

I'm picking the pony up tomorrow afternoon now - I'm giving it a full detail all weekend - now where are those beers?!

Reactions: Simon L, Rob2k68 and pburv
Hi buddy!
Cheers for your kind words! Yeah it's a shame the s3 didn't float my boat - it's a lovely place to sit every day but for me it just didn't have any soul, if that makes any sense. Yep Graham I actually discovered on here last year, he's bought my dads Q7 and my S3 now, paid more than any other dealer and near what we wanted for the car but without the hassle - no brainier. What are you moving onto? Didn't realise the car wasn't ticking it for you too - all that g techniq you did too!!

I'm picking the pony up tomorrow afternoon now - I'm giving it a full detail all weekend - now where are those beers?!

Me and the S3 never really started mate lol...soul what German car has one mate lol
Your detailing it this weekend... You mean this week lol from dusk to dawn l think .the bonnet is epic...what a sound...that engine makes it truly is Fast and Furious eh awesome
Get them photos up once you've detailed the car... As for me RS3

Reactions: naughts4187, Simon L, Rob2k68 and 1 other person
Me and the S3 never really started mate lol...soul what German car has one mate lol
Your detailing it this weekend... You mean this week lol from dusk to dawn l think .the bonnet is epic...what a sound...that engine makes it truly is Fast and Furious eh awesome
Get them photos up once you've detailed the car... As for me RS3

Haha fair play, love a good 5 pot Audi! Enjoy! Yeah sure will, just need to get some more supplies to strip the contamination from the paint.... Off to ultimate finish I go

Reactions: pburv, Rob2k68 and Jassyo06
Hey folks! So today was collection day and tomorrow it's time for a full detail. This car is going to get me in trouble...

f009ab6ecd461ed64a17468753b77f9e.jpg

5c35fcaec6c78c026622d0642c17785d.jpg

Reactions: Cobstar, Stanningtonglen, azibux1 and 5 others
Hey folks! So today was collection day and tomorrow it's time for a full detail. This car is going to get me in trouble...

Awesome mate, and what a growl !! lol

Reactions: naughts4187, Jassyo06 and Rob2k68
Absolutely stunning!!! Car ain't half bad either! ;-)..ha..

All the best mate and keep us updated with mods and the sound!!! :)

Reactions: naughts4187, Simon L, Jassyo06 and 1 other person
Awesome motor mate..Can't quite make out the colour.Is it a dark green??
Where is your twin brother ?......:whistle2:
images
Lol Just kidding mate.
All the best with that brute of a car....:friends:

Reactions: batch, Rob2k68, naughts4187 and 2 others

Lovin the Derek Zoolander pose mate...yer smile says it all...Matt....yer the spitting image of me son Jordan....he wears them Specs as well and Paul shut yer cake hole....lol Enjoy kid

Reactions: Rob2k68, naughts4187, Simon L and 1 other person
Lovin the Derek Zoolander pose mate...yer smile says it all...Matt....yer the spitting image of me son Jordan....he wears them Specs as well and Paul shut yer cake hole....lol Enjoy kid
Must be a PITA deciding who gets to wear the glasses every day... Eeny meeny miney mo ...lol:whistle2:

Reactions: Max-Robbo, Jassyo06, Rob2k68 and 2 others
Must be a PITA deciding who gets to wear the glasses every day... Eeny meeny miney mo ...lol:whistle2:

Av just sussed oot what PITA mea'nt last Friday....as l was told l was one, when l got banned last week,took me a wee while though...lol

Av just sussed oot what PITA mea'nt last Friday....as l was told l was one, when l got banned last week,took me a wee while though...lol
Thought you would like that one....:friends:

Awesome motor mate..Can't quite make out the colour.Is it a dark green??
Where is your twin brother ?......:whistle2:
images
Lol Just kidding mate.
All the best with that brute of a car....:friends:

Haha I knew I'd get a reaction like that. I usually get Brains from Thunderbirds or Joe 90!!

Reactions: Rob2k68, Simon L and pburv