The "Rimz" Thread ** Look here before requesting pics of specific wheels**

Boydie

S3 8V DSG
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Website
www.reallymeansounds.com
Don't know about you lot but there seems to be a lot of threads the past while asking

• What wheels for my sportback?
  • What 19" wheels?
  • 18's or 19s? etc.....
So.....here is the start of the "Rimzzzz" thread, just for N8, post below, I will get the ball rolling:

DSC00109.jpg

dsc02086gp7.jpg

16_featured_image_1214962250.jpg

4-1.jpg

7copy.jpg

2560089051_f3c077a7cb_o.jpg

DSCF2363.jpg

DSC_0098.jpg

DSC_0190.jpg

Dyno14.jpg

IMG_1028.jpg

spring-4381.jpg

w1-1.jpg

boydie_audi_a3.jpg

RMSBBQ_42.jpg

DSC00388.jpg

DSC04836.jpg

DSC00326.jpg

DSC00324.jpg

lexus3of5800x600.jpg

1323813792_ea62c90b32.jpg

Picture_681.jpg

S6300799.jpg

PICT2891-1.jpg

DSCF2369.jpg

6coils2copy.jpg

DSC00367.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: MPH and Zubair
some rims from moi:
DSC_0056-5.jpg

DSC_0020-3.jpg

Reactions: Zubair, Vizard, Bailey69 and 1 other person
Nice one Boydie,some great looking cars :icon_thumright:

RS4 replica's on S3

Size: 235/35/19's (122PCD 5 stud / ET35)

I was sold these by Wheelbase under the pretense of them being ET45's, but the rears still rub under damper compression. Turns out the receipt has been ****** to say ET45 and they actually appear to be ET35's based on the cladding paperwork which separated the wheels :no:

Please also be aware that aftermarket rims can have questionable quality finish. I purchased these as I really disliked the OEM rims' but due to spending on mods had a limited budget. I bought unsighted, and already I have had them fully refurbed inside 6 months to get an acceptable quality finish. They have a high number of weights on them to balance them, and they are heavy to start with. If you are considering wheels I strongly suggest you buy branded (e.g. BBS/OZ/OEM wheels) either new (if you are minted), or look for second hand (if you are on a budget). I will use these as I have them, but they will never be great wheels.

DSC_0002-1.JPG

DSC_0001.JPG

DSC_0003.JPG

Reactions: Zubair, Lunch, Dave-v-v and 1 other person
Good honest write up Warren,a lot of people that buy reps will not have a bad word said about them.
But you have shown that as with most things in life you get what you pay for.
But if you are on a budget they are fine but not perfect.

Boydie, can you please put the size, make and model of each wheel on each picture please :moa:

Also, where are my pics of your boot build!?

Reactions: markbrown87
evocos, you girls car is lovely, if i was goin show car route i would defo go for the bentlys! a guy round the corner from me has a sprtback in meteor with these and hes had the centre colour coded too looks the dogs!! :icon_thumright:

evocos, you girls car is lovely, if i was goin show car route i would defo go for the bentlys! a guy round the corner from me has a sprtback in meteor with these and hes had the centre colour coded too looks the dogs!! :icon_thumright:

Cheers Mate,kept the bentleys on most of the time last year,but its not fair on the misses as she only frets about kerbing them,so now refurbed
gonna just run them now and again.
Yeah went colour coded an had outers stripped and polished for a better shine,but not so easy to keep clean.
Also got full turbo back milltech to go on tonight :icon_thumright:

Boydie, can you please put the size, make and model of each wheel on each picture please :moa:

Also, where are my pics of your boot build!?

I got sidetracked last night lol I will send you pics of the build this evening unless you can view them on photo bucket? my photobucket ID is Boydieson85

I will try put size and makes on each pic - most are 19" BBS - CH, CK or LM

I got sidetracked last night lol I will send you pics of the build this evening unless you can view them on photo bucket? my photobucket ID is Boydieson85

I will try put size and makes on each pic - most are 19" BBS - CH, CK or LM

I was joking :laugh:

RS4 replica's on S3

Size: 235/35/19's (122PCD 5 stud / ET35)

I was sold these by Wheelbase under the pretense of them being ET45's, but the rears still rub under damper compression. Turns out the receipt has been ****** to say ET45 and they actually appear to be ET35's based on the cladding paperwork which separated the wheels :no:

Please also be aware that aftermarket rims can have questionable quality finish. I purchased these as I really disliked the OEM rims' but due to spending on mods had a limited budget. I bought unsighted, and already I have had them fully refurbed inside 6 months to get an acceptable quality finish. They have a high number of weights on them to balance them, and they are heavy to start with. If you are considering wheels I strongly suggest you buy branded (e.g. BBS/OZ/OEM wheels) either new (if you are minted), or look for second hand (if you are on a budget). I will use these as I have them, but they will never be great wheels.

DSC_0002-1.JPG

DSC_0001.JPG

DSC_0003.JPG

i completely agree , i have RS4 reps too have had them re finnished last week , they too need lots of weights to balance them , i suppose you get what you pay for but if you add the wheels , tyres and refinish i could have nearly got the bbs ck s i wish i had got !! the RS4 s look very good now in dark grey but i would nt say they are quality :yes:

some magic pics . gonna have to get me some new wheels.......................:idea:

Another shot of the S3 with new RS6 wheels on, it so nice, me rike....

IMG_8400R1024.jpg

And some 19's I think..

DSC00193.jpg

a3mercwheelsyi9.jpg

Are these Merc alloys???? If so would they go straight on?? Did try on an A6 in 19s but rubbed loads.
Think these are what I will go for if I can get some to fit!

I had it sat in an old car pics file from when I considered an A3 about 5 or 6 years back. Do you know of it? Looks like an 8P1 Sport, ....is nice yes?

a3mercwheelsyi9.jpg

Are these Merc alloys???? If so would they go straight on?? Did try on an A6 in 19s but rubbed loads.
Think these are what I will go for if I can get some to fit!

Yep look like merc brabus wheels,they would fit just depends on what offset they are,as to what spacers you would need :icon_thumright:

IMG_0962-1.jpg

BBS CH 18x8 et50 on 225/40/18 michelin ps2's

Reactions: doctor46goat
Cheers Boydie :happy:

Car is currently in winter mode, but will be sold in the summer, replaced by an Ibis S3, so the wheels may change colour soon :ninja:

Are the Super RS 18"? Would love a set :)

Are the Super RS 18"? Would love a set :)

Yea they are 18's but you can also get 19's. They are still produced in Japan, but cost about £5k for the rims only.

Best bet is to look at memoryfab or edition38 classified. There was a set on ed38 which have just sold, think they went for £2k

jeeze, some of those slammed would be un-driveable where I live LOL. All food for thought, Cheers Boydie