The "Rimz" Thread ** Look here before requesting pics of specific wheels**

N8, do you (or does anyone else) have a pic of an S3 (preferably black 3dr) on 19" Carrera S rims? Like these ones?

PORSCHE 997 19 CARRERA S BBS ALLOY WHEELS & TYRES | eBay

I've only seen them on 8Ls and a MkIV R32, but can't picture them on an 8P. It'd be the same hassle as using genuine R8s (rears are 11J) - you'd need 4x fronts (8J or 8.5J) and adapters to take them down from 5x130 to 5x112, but I just really like the wheels for some reason.

I've only got a pic of them on a grey Mk5, but yes you need to run 4 fronts, and 8s are gay thats why I sold the merc rims. Yes you'd need 15mm adapters.

N8, do you (or does anyone else) have a pic of an S3 (preferably black 3dr) on 19" Carrera S rims? Like these ones?

PORSCHE 997 19 CARRERA S BBS ALLOY WHEELS & TYRES | eBay

I've only seen them on 8Ls and a MkIV R32, but can't picture them on an 8P. It'd be the same hassle as using genuine R8s (rears are 11J) - you'd need 4x fronts (8J or 8.5J) and adapters to take them down from 5x130 to 5x112, but I just really like the wheels for some reason.

There a set on pistonheads but the same porsche style ones quite cheap. I think they look good but think you would need some low low to pull them off.

I figured there wouldn't be any pics... not sure I want to risk buying a set and going to the hassle of getting spacers etc just to find they look like crap. I'd have to get the 8.5s off a 911 rather than the Cayman/Boxster 8s then.

Could any one do a decent photoshop maybe?

anyone know where i can get a decent set of 19" LM Reps? (cant really afford real ones)

vwfest3.jpg

that is all

Reactions: S., FranA3, mkimjoon and 1 other person
No as the offsets are too low.

If they werent as wide, say 8" would they not still work?

Perhaps to prevent the constant wheel questions N8 you could knock up a little guide for the FAQ thread.

Or start a stance thread where people can state their suspension/wheel set up

does anyone have any pictures of a3s on BMW rims? Was thinking of the concave m-series ones.. Thought it could be a offset issue though? Or similar to these..

http://www.wheels.uk.com/ebay/vertini_concave/concave_angled.jpg
http://ebay.projexuk.com/uploads/rowheback-1311090858-14857.jpg

Check with VMR (Velocity Motoring) my old VB3s were BMW reps and they have other wheels too in Audi fitment. You don't get as much of a deep dish because of the narrower wheel though.

VMR VB3
A3HDR7sml.jpg

These are the ones I have on right now.... Miro Type 111.

June5x.jpg

Swapped my vmr's for some maybach's.it will be dropped soon
IMG_0482.jpg

They are 225 (i think) falkens with 20mm spacers.could do 25mm on the rear i recon.Ive got a week off in a few weeks so im gonna clean it up and post some proper pics,not off my iphone.Once its lowered its going to look insane.

I cant believe it slipped either.yep,got a garage near me to sort it,handles 340hp give or take easily,RS4/Sachs clutch system.payed a hell of allot less than what people where quoting me.

Hi guys!! First time on the site and i love it!!I work at Audi as a technician, Ive got a 57 plate A3 2.0TDI 170, ive lowered her about 80mm, im looking for rims and have my eye on the OEM anthracite RS4 style rims, 18"'s fitted to the black edition A3's, or the 19" black edition TT's, ive tried a set of 19x9j's but the they rub on the inside! :( What are you guys using to fit 19's on?? Im assuming most of them are 9j's?? Ive spaced my rears out 10mm already and i dont know what o do? Or just go with the 18's.... After some help if anyone can?? Cheers guys, Josh

Hi guys!! First time on the site and i love it!!I work at Audi as a technician, Ive got a 57 plate A3 2.0TDI 170, ive lowered her about 80mm, im looking for rims and have my eye on the OEM anthracite RS4 style rims, 18"'s fitted to the black edition A3's, or the 19" black edition TT's, ive tried a set of 19x9j's but the they rub on the inside! :( What are you guys using to fit 19's on?? Im assuming most of them are 9j's?? Ive spaced my rears out 10mm already and i dont know what o do? Or just go with the 18's.... After some help if anyone can?? Cheers guys, Josh

Hi Josh,

Welcome to the forum. Do you know the et and offset of those 19x9? Is the rubbing just at the rear or all around?
If just the rear might be the inner arch screw so remove that. Could be rubbing due to the spacers as well.
I'm sure more of he clued up guys will be able to help you sort this out.