The "Rimz" Thread ** Look here before requesting pics of specific wheels**

Not sure this one's been posted here and it's a looker tbf, bang tidy... although I'm not the biggest fan of bentleys lol!!

IMG00026-20101106-1420.jpg

Hmm just looking through the site again. On the main page it says its a 5 cylinder but on the link I put up he is just running a 4. Maybe has a choice of engines

Hi Guys,

Just a suggestion, not sure this has been done already...
As there are so many members that come on the forum asking about which offset, width and size wheels they can try maybe we should make up a table or a guide to say what is safe and what we shouldn't touch... this is not just for newbies on the forum as many of the guys here are unsure how far they can push it...
For instance I guess its safe to say that a 10j wheel is out of the question for us normal modders... and that in any instance we should stay away from a 35et offset on the A3...
Now im not too knowledgeable on the subject and I know that N8 and some of the other wheel whores can set this up properly, but to start off as a general guideline: (please feel free to change the below if i get it wrong)

A3 Stud pattern 5x112 - OEM Audi, Mercedes, VW, Seat wheels should go straight on (5x114.5 can be run with wobble nuts - not sure about 5x110?) BMWs 5x120 will not work! A3 8L (pre 2003) cars run 5x100 which also will not work with our A3 8P's.

18" wheels - with an offset from 54et to 40et, width from 7.5j to 9j, and tyres usually 225/40/18 or 215/40/18
19" Wheels - with an offset from 54et to 40et, width from 7.5j to 9j, and tyres usually 215/35/19
A3 Centre bore is 57.1mm so anything else will need spigot rings.

I'm not sure how much you can lower without it rubbing so maybe you guys can be add it in as an option from experience to say what you have tried.

Would like to hear your thoughts on this idea :)

Thanks
Ash

Its kinda hard to comment on all the above, your near enough right, just pm me when you've found some wheels and I'll tell you what the fitment will be and what tyres you'll need.

N8 you will always be PM'd for more info so don't worry... your not going to end up lonely :friends:

Its just something that i thought could be used as maybe a sticky or on the FAQ so that members can be pointed towards a table of info before asking a hundred questions if this offset and that width will fit... :readit:

Thanks man, i really like them. Might need to consider them on a later date :)

Does n e 1 recommend websites to buy them? im looking for 18"

Ummm, they hav reps? I wud consider both tbh. All depends on price.

Also wot is the best offset for the car?

Last edited:
Yeh i saw the price of genuine VMR's and they dont come cheap lol, just went on ebay and saw some reps and they r half the price. I know the quality wont b n e where near as good as genuines. Ive got a few bits planned for the car first, so once all those r done i will save up the pennies for the wheels.

Also, r those genuine audi centres caps on the pic? dnt suppose ppl know the diameter of the centre caps?

Well, I might as well stick mine on here now, now that I've got my new 'uns on. I just need to take the damned thing off those stilts...

IMG_0268.jpg

Well, I might as well stick mine on here now, now that I've got my new 'uns on. I just need to take the damned thing off those stilts...

IMG_0268.jpg

They look the business Kriminal. I read your thread on vortex about 18's v 19's. How does the ride compare then?

@ Kriminal. Looks good mate, will look even better with the drop.
I've liked these wheels since seeing them on the RSTT.

Where did you purchase these from?