The plane crash

nice one Dave, will be watching that

Got it recorded, looking forward to seeing it, looks very interesting.

Its been very interesting so far. Thanks dave. :) x

Best place to be seated when a plane crashes is in your armchair.

Well I lived anyway.....always sit in the same place if I can. Not gonna say much as folk recording to. Good programme though.

It sure was Mark. Very interesting indeed. :) x

They do but most passenger airliner engines that are on the wings are designed to shear off as they are connected to the wings with shear bolts to the main spars.

They do but most passenger airliner engines that are on the wings are designed to shear off as they are connected to the wings with shear bolts to the main spars.
true.
but the point is they contact the ground, causing fuel leaks and engulfing the plane in flames. Most planes with those engines/wings that crash end up in flames (mrs like watching plane crash programmes, no idea why)

it will make me think twice on what seats to pre-book next time!
ironically the last time we flew (4weeks ago) we were in row 7 there and return, and i chose these so i could look at the engine out the window! :scared2:

Thought was a great program, personaly i always try to book seats over the wings (strongest point) but truth be told the survivor rate of plane crashes doesnt bear out much hope lol
but strangely enough i like watching the " air craft investigation " programs as well maybe a sadist in me lol

I've recorded it. Away on business at the mo, then when I return the wife is going away! Good time to watch it...at least I wont get moans that its not Strictly and X Factor.

Thought it was a pretty interesting program, but couldn't believe that nobody thought of checking the top speed of the chase plane vs the minimum cruise speed of the 727.