The one that got away......

I'm currently in a Golf R. It's a stunning everyday car and boy does it go round corners well. It's also rapid (had some tweakery) but the looks, inside and out, are a bit bland and it sounds really poor...I'm shocked at how bad the sound is. The RS3 will hopefully right those wrongs.

The RS3 will certainly tick the sound boxes (if you have Dynamic).
Looks are subjective and I personally think the outside of the Golf is a better thing to look at (unless all you care about looking at is the little RS badge).

Last edited:
You know what.... I probably had the same sort of opinion as Kugaman when I owned my S4. I kept saying that I couldn't see or justify the difference between my car and an RS4, hell I even had it tuned so that I could say that it had the same power as an RS4 blah, blah, blah. But at the end of the day my car was not an RS.
I have owned my RS3 less than a week, somehow I seem to have covered nearly 500 miles in it and I have absolutely loved each mile, my two kids who didn't pay much attention to my lovely S4 suddenly want to come with me on every journey, even just to get ****** petrol!
Like Radman, I have been stopped in car parks by people just wanting to look inside the car and people at McDonalds drivethru wanted me to rev the engine to hear the exhaust sound. Passengers in cars that are passing me on the motorway take pictures of the car with their phones as they go by. This is somethig that I have never experienced before.
While I accept the S3 is a good car and no doubt the economics of owning one make good sense to some people, owning an RS is different. Why? Because they are special and it wasn't until I actually owned one did I really realise it. It goes beyond just the price difference!

Completely agree with this 100%. I have had an S3 (be it an 8P, tuned to 362bhp) and an RS3. There is just something special about an RS car that sets itself apart. :)

Reactions: AudiNutta, Beebee-one and Radman
I don't think anyone is wrong here.

Some love cash in the bank.
Some yearn for a RS badge and a car that makes a noise.

I personally spend far too much on cars and when the oil price recovers a bit more will be switching again.
I've wasted enough on cars to have paid off my mortgage.
However I wouldn't have it any other way.

I'm going to get back to basics and look for a thrilling, engaging car to drive, that looks good and handles better.
The only Audi that does that at the moment is a manual TTS.
I think I'll actually move back to Renaultsport soon though, nothing ticks all of the boxes I give a damn about better than that RS.

Reactions: AudiNutta, Radman and jimojameso
Kugaman, I've heard that Aberdeen Audi are feeling the pinch............
Were selling an average of 100 cars a week. Now that's dropped to 75.
You might get a better deal than you did previously. 75 a week is not exactly a bad performance, but a 25% drop will likely lead to better deals.

Kugaman, I've heard that Aberdeen Audi are feeling the pinch............
Were selling an average of 100 cars a week. Now that's dropped to 75.
You might get a better deal than you did previously. 75 a week is not exactly a bad performance, but a 25% drop will likely lead to better deals.

Funny you should say that mate.......

Just out of "ahem" interest...I emailed them to see if the car was sold.

They say "Thank you for your email,
We have taken a finance proposal on the sepang blue RS3.
But it is still with the underwriters, I will let you know if it is still available".

So maybe its sold. If not.......hmmm......might ask the question?

Reactions: Radman
Just got word back ...... Car is sold.

So....Aberdeen Audi have no more access to any RS3s other than the ex demos they are trying to peddle as approved used.....

Just got word back ...... Car is sold.

So....Aberdeen Audi have no more access to any RS3s other than the ex demos they are trying to peddle as approved used.....
You're never going to getting a better deal than you did 8% was it..?anyways keep yer dosh in the bank and sleep slightly better at night lol l am on 8% for the new one hopefully 10% like l was promised before Audi shut the doors on it...l can see you in a facelift RS3 this time next year on a pcp lol

Reactions: AudiNutta, Kugaman1 and Snake Pliskin
You know what.... I probably had the same sort of opinion as Kugaman when I owned my S4. I kept saying that I couldn't see or justify the difference between my car and an RS4, hell I even had it tuned so that I could say that it had the same power as an RS4 blah, blah, blah. But at the end of the day my car was not an RS.
I have owned my RS3 less than a week, somehow I seem to have covered nearly 500 miles in it and I have absolutely loved each mile, my two kids who didn't pay much attention to my lovely S4 suddenly want to come with me on every journey, even just to get ****** petrol!
Like Radman, I have been stopped in car parks by people just wanting to look inside the car and people at McDonalds drivethru wanted me to rev the engine to hear the exhaust sound. Passengers in cars that are passing me on the motorway take pictures of the car with their phones as they go by. This is somethig that I have never experienced before.
While I accept the S3 is a good car and no doubt the economics of owning one make good sense to some people, owning an RS is different. Why? Because they are special and it wasn't until I actually owned one did I really realise it. It goes beyond just the price difference!

totally agree too !

these cars feel special, look special, drive special .... they are special.

No end of comments here too - everyone loves the car.

Never had a car this fun or enjoyable to own - every SINGLE drive is an occasion to enjoy, every turn of the key and event to savour as that five pot and sports exhaust fires into life

An RS is a really special car to own for sure :sunglasses:

Reactions: Mattb555, RYes3, S1Pete and 5 others
What is it with these S3 owners who bash on the RS3, it's clearly a better car in every way when money isn't a factor. If money is a factor then go and enjoy your S3!

Alternatively if you're bored and after something to do try counting the number of people who have jumped ship to the RS, or bought RS3 grilles for their S3's etc.

Reactions: jimojameso, Beebee-one, Mattb555 and 1 other person
What is it with these S3 owners who bash on the RS3, it's clearly a better car in every way when money isn't a factor. If money is a factor then go and enjoy your S3!

Alternatively if you're bored and after something to do try counting the number of people who have jumped ship to the RS, or bought RS3 grilles for their S3's etc.
Have you ever noticed that chip on your shoulder.....

Reactions: Kugaman1
Have you ever noticed that chip on your shoulder.....

Enlighten me, why do I have a chip on my shoulder?

I'll tell you what I have noticed... you drive an S3, just saying ;)

And so it begins.........

Reactions: Jassyo06
This is more like it! I'd had enough of topics like what oil to put in your car being made sticky threads... ;)

Enlighten me, why do I have a chip on my shoulder?

I'll tell you what I have noticed... you drive an S3, just saying ;)

And pray tell me what's wrong with that,that chip on you're shoulder shouts out...a obnoxiously bad attitude...of which you have just proven by your statement in your post... And yes l have a S3 just now but l will let you personally know when l don't,my son sells Audi's for a living and once told me about SOME guys that buy RS models....and you fit the bill more than most.... Obviously l can't post exactly what he said but l am sure you catch my drift exactly.....Enjoy your RS3 and l will enjoy my facelift RS3 when l get it

Reactions: AudiNutta and Kugaman1
Oh dear, ouch..... ;-) Jassy seems very keen on getting into an RS....... He isn't an RS pooper. ;-)

Really? Take a look back through that particular keyboard warrior's posts. A well established member of the RS3 hate brigade at one point. Now all of a sudden desparate for an RS3, laughable really.

And pray tell me what's wrong with that,that chip on you're shoulder shouts out...a obnoxiously bad attitude...of which you have just proven by your statement in your post... And yes l have a S3 just now but l will let you personally know when l don't,my son sells Audi's for a living and once told me about SOME guys that buy RS models....and you fit the bill more than most.... Obviously l can't post exactly what he said but l am sure you catch my drift exactly.....Enjoy your RS3 and l will enjoy my facelift RS3 when l get it

Haha, ok ;) It would be so tempting to screenshot all of your past posts criticising RS3 owners and their choice to waste money on an RS3, with the S3 being a better car and all that, however I don't have the time for that. I will leave just one of my favourites though. I think it show's yourself as the type of person you are actually describing me as! Envy lol, and you try to make me out to be the snob, brilliant :)

Plonker

Reactions: ComputerControlled and AudiNutta
Really? Take a look back through that particular keyboard warrior's posts. A well established member of the RS3 hate brigade at one point. Now all of a sudden desparate for an RS3, laughable really.

Haha, ok ;) It would be so tempting to screenshot all of your past posts criticising RS3 owners and their choice to waste money on an RS3, with the S3 being a better car and all that, however I don't have the time for that. I will leave just one of my favourites though. I think it show's yourself as the type of person you are actually describing me as! Envy lol, and you try to make me out to be the snob, brilliant :)

View attachment 92965

I can't read you're attachment of my post via my phone as no pc is available,l am on holiday anyhow that's besides the point and stick by opinion of you completely,l will get the car,not Desparate at all and as l said l will make sure you're one the first to know Capeesh
Ps if l am keyboard warrior what ever that is,there's no doubt in my mind you troll threads this one in particular.....

Reactions: Kugaman1
my son sells Audi's for a living and once told me about SOME guys that buy RS models....and you fit the bill more than most.... Obviously l can't post exactly what he said but l am sure you catch my drift exactly.....
I don't catch your drift whatsoever. What are you suggesting?

I can't read you're attachment of my post via my phone as no pc is available,l am on holiday anyhow that's besides the point and stick by opinion of you completely,l will get the car,not Desparate at all and as l said l will make sure you're one the first to know Capeesh
Ps if l am keyboard warrior what ever that is,there's no doubt in my mind you troll threads this one in particular.....

I don't think it's trolling threads. It's just having an opinion that someone else might not like.
I kinda see where RYes3 is coming from.
There's a lot of love and passion on this forum for the RS3 from the owners, and generally the niggles / criticism comes from those with an S3.
Which is, if you put it in perspective, kind of funny (and kind of obvious, why).
And I don't agree with what you say about RS owners - it's a sweeping statement, as we all aspire for a faster Audi than the norm.

And I understand you.
As long as people are aware of the financial implications of borrowing money to buy a depreciating asset and then repeating that process long before the asset has been well used, if not then it does not make financial sense at all and you are just keeping dealers in business and enabling canny folks to buy lightly used immaculate 12-18month old cars.

I will have a wee bet of 1 Scottish pound.........you won't keep your RS3 for the warranty period as by then the next thing will have come along that you feel is worth it - be it the next RS3 or TTRS or whatever ;) I would rather rag the cr4p out of my warrantied S3 and keep £120*36 (+deposit) for the next one which I would make darn sure is the right one.

I will keep my S3 (which is fine for the way I use it.......not exciting, not a dream car, not looked after but effective) until the warranty is up then start looking about for the next 'take me to the airport car'.

p.s. as per the OP, £16k down the tube in 12months for a 300bhp fast hatch is nuts, you would be better off hiring a select car from AVIS or restoring a 205GTi !!

We will be dead in 30 years. **** it is my answer

Reactions: RYes3 and AudiNutta