1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

The old “what’s it do to gallon “

Rugslasher Jul 27, 2019

1. Rugslasher

Rugslasher Member

so had the rs4 two weeks today & had quite a few people asking about mpg never been interested tbh as didn’t buy it for economy anyways we had a nip to Scarborough for day on Wednesday & really impressed with mpg , only steady run with the odd spirited driving & around 90 miles each way so set off with trip showing 210 miles & arrived home with 110 miles left , a what a nice place to be on a long run , miles of smiles

Scotty75 likes this.
  2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. Bristle Hound

Bristle Hound Moderator Staff Member Moderator X3 M-Sport Alpine White

In answer to your question 'the old whats it do to the gallon' -

Not anywhere near what the manufacturer will say it will do ... :whistle2:

PGunter, Ghost, A1DEYB and 1 other person like this.
  4. Rugslasher

Rugslasher Member

Was never interested in mpg myself,but it’s the first thing everyone asks so thought I’d take note on a long run & quite chuffed

Scotty75 and Bristle Hound like this.
  5. Scotty75

Scotty75 Well-Known Member Sportback Team Brilliant Black Silver Supporter S-line owners group Audi A3 Manual

Was speaking to a salesman at Portsmouth Audi a few weeks back about S / RS cars . Told me how he sold an RS4 a couple of days previous . Took a bloke for a test drive , said bloke floored it to the end of the road and says "I'll take it" . Hadn't even discussed price at that point !

That RS4 must be a special best .

#Dream

Bristle Hound and Rugslasher like this.
  6. simonali

simonali Well-Known Member Audi RSQ3 5 Cylinder

My answer is always "I don't care for such things".

7. DieselJake

DieselJake Well-Known Member VCDS Map User

Think it just shows what some people care about in cars, get an indicated 18mpg on my latest petrol car which I really couldn't care less about unless someone can wave a wand and make it so that big engine and/or turbo cars with four wheel drive suddenly get really good mpg.

Bit similar to when people ask why I fill up with premium, theirs a car for everyone and I get that people have different wants and needs with cars nothing wrong with that just don't tell us what we want.

Rugslasher and Scotty75 like this.
  8. Rugslasher

Rugslasher Member

Had similar thing with my old evo 10 , “how fast does it go” or “I bet that’s thirsty “ I’ve always wanted the RS4 purely for the noise & anything else is just a bonus

9. HOGG

HOGG Active Member

Just done 550 miles with 40 litres

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Rugslasher likes this.
  10. Dan_G

Dan_G Well-Known Member SQ5 owners group Team Navarra Audi S3

Managed an exceptionally good 36 mpg in the SQ5 (newish petrol version) yesterday over about 100 miles using Shell V Power which def returns better MPG.

Rugslasher and Scotty75 like this.
  11. Scotty75

Scotty75 Well-Known Member Sportback Team Brilliant Black Silver Supporter S-line owners group Audi A3 Manual

Often see people argue the merits of using V-Power and similar. We run our A3 S-line 2.0 TDI on V-Power diesel.......
    MPG better
    Performance better
    Soot deposits at exhaust , near non existent .

Speaks for itself .

Last edited: Aug 5, 2019
    Rugslasher and X3man like this.
  12. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

13. Rugslasher

Rugslasher Member

I’m using momentum 99 at Tesco mainly, used this in my evo 10 for 5 years with no complaints

14. terminator x

terminator x Well-Known Member

My RS3 was about 26mpg, the RS4 was about 22mpg and current steed is under 20! Roll on the electric age ;)

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Rugslasher likes this.
  15. desertstorm

desertstorm Moderator Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User TDi quattro Audi A4 Audi Avant Owner Group

When people ask me about miles per gallon I tell them I am really interested in smiles per gallon.

Andy Butcher, PGunter, joe26 and 2 others like this.
  16. Rugslasher

Rugslasher Member

Yeah it’s not something I was worried about but seems to be the first thing everyone asks

17. Evil Derboy

Evil Derboy Well-Known Member Team Daytona Audi RS5 Owners Group

17.4 in my RS5. Worth it.

Never been asked any questions about it just get loads of compliments.

Tj 0785, Scotty75 and Rugslasher like this.
  18. joe26

joe26 New Member

A4 3.0 tdi 2014 in 30 miles drive on a12 48 mpg my best, 44 mpg usualy also for longer drives. ~35 mpg if I'm speeding and on paper says 49 mpg average.
    I had to consider mpg to my equation due mileage I do and money... That's why I choose also newer model due lower emission = lower tax and better economy and 245 hp power.... ;)
    Some ppl ask for consumption, surprised with numbers but mostly I'm asked how good women magnet it is :D

Rugslasher likes this.
  19. Just Rob.

Just Rob. Moderator Staff Member Moderator Regional Rep Team Daytona Team Brilliant Black TFSI Owners Group Gold Supporter VCDS Map User S-line owners group quattro Audi A4 Audi Avant Owner Group Manual

If one buys any sort of high performance car , wether it be avant, saloon , hatch etc fuel consumption is the last thing to be concerned about, performance and fuel economy just don't go together , well not in my book .

Rugslasher, Andy Butcher and Tj 0785 like this.
  20. harley141213

harley141213 Member

I’ve just parted company with my c5 corvette which weighs roughly 1200kg, 6 sp manual.
    This has the legendary 5.7 ltr ls1 lump up front = 350 bhp
    I was always bring asked what does it do to the gallon?
    My answer was always,” depends on how much fun I’m having “

Around the doors 13-15 mpg, on run 23mpg, loads of fun= 9mpg but what a noise it makes and the smile says it all.

Rugslasher likes this.
  21. Andy Butcher

Andy Butcher Member

Don't know don't care!

Now in a 15 plate S4 but sold my Maserati Gransport to buy it, Ferrari derived 4.2 V8 (oh the noise), flappy paddles operating a robotised manual box etc, fantastic car but I just couldn't get comfortable (back injury).
    If it needed fuel I put it in and didn't worry about the mpg.

Oh and I never used the upgraded stereo once, the only music I wanted was the V8 and the valved exhaust in sport mode!

Rugslasher likes this.
  22. Rugslasher

Rugslasher Member

Yep it’s strange that it’s the first thing they say even after I’ve spent a full day with the polish out